Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall - Page 2

Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

This is a discussion on Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TN_Mike I didn't say anything to him though I wanted to. I figured it wouldn't do any good because if he's dumb ...

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I didn't say anything to him though I wanted to. I figured it wouldn't do any good because if he's dumb enough to buy one of those stupid badges, he isn't going to like me telling him he's dumb for wearing it.
    Naaa, you don't say anything........ Just point and laugh!
    006.9V2.1 likes this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    A waste of metal that could be used to make more firearms, or shell casings for ammo. Who was the idiot that thought of CCW badges anyway?
    Somebody who wanted to make money off of newbies with a new CCW.
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    That's priceless. "Concealed Permit Holder", but no gun. Maybe his mommy took it away from him.
    Maybe he hasn't got his one round yet, so why carry.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Its only brandishing his stupidity! Shame stupidity isnt illegal.

Mike, I think we have been saying that for years and years...

My lateste and greatest (that I can't help spurting out)...

Sorry, I can't fix stupid.

I thought of these things more as a novelty, but makers of these also do legit LE badges too. All about money, not character.

Ok.....really.....who was it?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

I could see myself doing the empty holster thing if I were in a place where I was prohibited from carrying as a sort of protest...

I think the badge is going a little overboard, but if I was a college student, I could perhaps understand it.

It would be one way of making the statement that I am licensed and yet prohibited from defending myself.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig sauer View Post
    Are those badges for real (for CCW holders), or can anyone buy them?
    To answer your question, anyone can buy them out of a magazine or on the web.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    I'm not sure I can figure out what the legitimate use might be. What is your thinking?
    When I was about to take my CCP training I had a conversation with an LEO who is an acquaintance of mine. I had just seen one of my favorite movies, "LA Confidential" and I remarked how the bad cop held up his LEO badge as other LEOs began to arrive. The idea of a badge for a CCP holder had never occurred to me. It was his suggestion a badge might be helpful in the aftermath of a SD shooting to cause even a momentary pause in LEO reaction while trying to sort out the good guys from the bad guys. Obviously the badge would remain concealed unless needed in this situation.

I ordered a badge. The company charged my credit card but never delivered. The credit card company returned my money but I never ordered another one from a different vendor. I am appalled at the virulent attacks on those who even suggest it might be an idea worth discussing.
    Last edited by Bumper; July 14th, 2008 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Editorial statement removed.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

VIP Member
    A CCW badge "SCREAMS" (are you ready for this?)

LOOK AT ME! I COULDN'T POSSIBLY EVER BE A REAL COP... I'M A LOSER WANNA BE!

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Just plain idiotic, IMHO. Why in the world would you advertise that you are hiding something?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

It was his suggestion a badge might be helpful in the aftermath of a SD shooting to cause even a momentary pause in LEO reaction while trying to sort out the good guys from the bad guys.
    Couldn't that be seen as impersonating a LEO... flashing a badge. I know it would depend on the situation, but you don't actually have to say Im a cop, you just have to allow them to think it.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's first Homeland Security

Where the heck was his gun? Please don't tell me it fell out of his holster somewhere and there's a loose gun out there.

I can't figure out why he has his; badge (check) Holster (check) Gun? (uh oh)... maybe he left in on the back of the stool in the men's room.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have asked 4 different LEO in 2 cities about this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    When I was about to take my CCP training I had a conversation with an LEO who is an acquaintance of mine. I had just seen one of my favorite movies, "LA Confidential" and I remarked how the bad cop held up his LEO badge as other LEOs began to arrive. The idea of a badge for a CCP holder had never occurred to me. It was his suggestion a badge might be helpful in the aftermath of a SD shooting to cause even a momentary pause in LEO reaction while trying to sort out the good guys from the bad guys. Obviously the badge would remain concealed unless needed in this situation.

I ordered a badge. The company charged my credit card but never delivered. The credit card company returned my money but I never ordered another one from a different vendor. I am appalled at the virulent attacks on those who even suggest it might be an idea worth discussing. I'm not talking about the comments on this thread which I consider pretty mild. On the other hand, the moderator on this forum has sometimes deleted comments I have made for no reason I can discern. Go figure.
    And they told me the same thing as the officer you talked to. They told me it would not be considered impersonating an officer in that situation and should not be on display for any other reason that they could think of. It may very well cause LE to not shoot you thinking you are a bad guy. I don't own one, and don't intend to, but as a result of those conversations I am less critical of someone who does if they use it properly and keep it hidden.
    Tutapper likes this.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I don't need a badge... I'm doing my best to have my gun holstered and out of sight or my gun laying on the ground when LEO's show up.

If I am still having to hold the BG at gunpoint when LEO's arrive, I will follow their commands and follow all their instructions to the letter until they feel safe, have the situation in control and the time comes to identify myself and show my permit. They are not going to shoot me outright unless I do something stupid, make a furtive move, or point my gun at them.

If I am involved in a shooting in my county, every LEO knows me on sight and most know me as one of the medics on the tactical team, so probably no issues on home turf... but in all other jurisdictions, the above protocol applies. (our tactical medics are armed members and do have a sheriff's commission, just no powers of arrest so we are not certified LEO's)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links