Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

This is a discussion on Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SubNine A waste of metal that could be used to make more firearms, or shell casings for ammo. Who was the idiot ...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    A waste of metal that could be used to make more firearms, or shell casings for ammo. Who was the idiot that thought of CCW badges anyway?
    A guy that read PT Barnum's quote "There is a sucker born every minute" looked around and realized it was a truism. If there is any doubt ask the OP
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

I've never seen any of these badges. Or, anyone wearing one. Does anyone have a pic. Not of the badge, but of the idiots wearing one.

I'm a newb to CCW, but I've never wanted a badge before.

CDR
    I'm partial to my Sheriff Ricochet Rabbit badge when I carry.
    Last edited by CDR; July 14th, 2008 at 10:48 AM.
    Federal 357B 125 gr JHP.......................When you care enough to send the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Yeah---when hell freezes over. It's not only stupid, but totally unthinkable. Most times I despise living among idgets. It's just the knowledge they are breathing the same air that I am that sets me off.
    Ram Rod, you do know that I was just kidding I hope!!!

JD
    Administrator
    Forget the badge, I want the CCW beanie hat, I can fold the bottom edge of the hat over the text and uncover it if needed....

Or NOT!

What about a nice black windbreaker?

Replace POLICE with CONCEALED WEAPON CARRIER
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Forget the badge, I want the CCW beanie hat, I can fold the bottom edge of the hat over the text and uncover it if needed....

Or NOT!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar

If you want to wear a badge become a cop. Can any any of you guys spell L-O-S-E-R?
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Points to consider:

1. If you whip out some generic CCW badge at an LEO, he will know right away, because it doesn't look like the badges that he or other jurisdictions use.

2. Don't keep it rattling around with your change. Waving it around like a ninja throwing star is sure to get you laughed at.

3. Most LEOs that have their badges off duty, have them in a nice badge wallet (Police Badge Holder). Flip it open, badge on one side, ID on the other. Yes, real cops have IDs. Badge without ID = probably not a cop.

4. You could just as easily have a badge that says "EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN" or "FEMALE BODY INSPECTOR" or "SECURITY ENFORCEMENT OFFICER" (Galls® Security Enforcement Officer Badge - BC002 : Galls) which would alleviate that whole wanna-be-a-cop stereotype. As long as it isn't in somebody's face, nobody is going to be reading it anyway.

5. Usually on-duty undercover or plainclothes LEOs are the only ones wearing their badges on leather badge holders, either on their belt or a neck chain.

Safariland Undercover Neck Chain Badge Holder

6. If you are small town, no LEO is going to mistake you for a brother officer. Maybe a Fed, but not one of the hometown cops. BTW, Fed badges and ID are pretty standard.

7. Hint: If you have a badge, DO NOT have your home state's seal in the middle. Use another state. Get the goofy scales of justice, or the Fire Dept. bugles, but NOT YOUR HOME STATE! (Impersonating a city/state official...)

8. So do you get a badge style like your local LEO, Fed, or an oddball that nobody in your town wears? Up to you, but I would go with slightly foreign. Blackington (Blackinton Badge Company - Official Police Badges, Fire Badges, Military Badges and Security Badges) is the premiere badge maker, check them out, they have dozens of styles, many similar, several unique.
    I think Galls sells them without any restriction (this changes about yearly).

Galls stock badges: Firefighter Badges - Volunteer Firefighter Badges - Fire Department Badges - Security Officer Badges - EMT Badges : Galls

Galls custom badges: : Galls

So, my recommendation is to have a badge that is similar in appearance, but not exactly like, one in use in your locale. Put it in a badge wallet. Put an ID in the ID window. I don't care if it's your Blockbuster ID, put something in there. Stick it in your pocket. NEVER take it out unless you are being approached by LEOs with guns drawn. Preferably already have it out. If not, take it out VERY SLOWLY while calmly and loudly saying, "I HAVE ID! I HAVE ID!"
    Why would you recommend a badge? It has not merit!
    When a cop walks over to you and you pull a CCW badge out it doesn’t mean anything. He is still going to check you permit and think why did this idiot pull this.
    I still have not heard a good reason to have one.
    Let me put this plan and simple. Unless you employer requires you to have a badge like police, fire, etc. YOU DONT NEED ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by pjw315 View Post
    Why would you recommend a badge? It has not merit!
    When a cop walks over to you and you pull a CCW badge out it doesn’t mean anything. He is still going to check you permit and think why did this idiot pull this.
    I still have not heard a good reason to have one.
    Let me put this plan and simple. Unless you employer requires you to have a badge like police, fire, etc. YOU DONT NEED ONE!
    The one merit of a badge, IMHO, as previously posted, would be as part of an open holster protest when in a prohibited area.

The holster and 'badge' would compliment each other. Of course, a 'Forcibly Disarmed for Criminal Convenience' T-Shirt with an empty holster would probably get the message across better.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

People that would want to wear a CCW "badge" are really just (1) Rambo wannabes, (2) LEO wannabes, or (3) stupid. What part of "concealed" do they not understand?

As I read the original post, my mind flashed back (as it tends to do at times) to an old movie, "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre", with the classic, "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!", line...
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

When it all goes down, when it's really SHTF time, there's just one badge you want to have.
    But, are you good enough?
    Well, are ya, punk?

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

(uh oh)... maybe he left in on the back of the stool in the men's room.

That reminded me of an incident many years ago in Taiwan. I was in a very long narrow mens room. A soldier/Cop (whatever he was) walked in, laid his submachine gun on a table right by the door and walked to the last urinal about 30 feet away.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim_45 View Post
    Thats exactly what ive been trying to figure out
    Did he have a badge saying; "I'm hiding $500 in my left rear pants pocket."

Quote Originally Posted by AUTOMAG View Post
    Lighten up guys, you know that you all have one!!!!
    Mine is gold plated. I keep it pinned to my Superman cape just under the "S"

But how did you know?

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

"FEMALE BODY INSPECTOR"
    Where can I get one of those badges?

SOMEBODY has to have a picture of his car.......you know the one. The white Crown Vic with Green lettered trim and light bar.....come on, someone!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links