Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall - Page 6

Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

This is a discussion on Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm 100% with the "concealed means concealed " group. If I can't conceal well, I'll be more self-conscious, detracting from my situational awareness and making ...

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

I'm 100% with the "concealed means concealed" group. If I can't conceal well, I'll be more self-conscious, detracting from my situational awareness and making me less likely to develop habits of mind and behavior that go along with being armed as a "default condition." If I could, I'd conceal in my leg like RoboCop.

A few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    If you live in a jurisdiction where cops shoot a civilian on sight just because it has a gun in his hand.... MOVE!
    A few years ago a couple were involved in an attempted armed carjacking. The owner of the car fought with the BG for his gun while his girlfriend called 911.
    She described in detail her boyfriend. An officer arrives and the girlfriend is shouting donít shoot the guy in the red jacket or something to this effect to describe her boyfriend, the good guy. The cop pulled a 12 ga. and shot both of them killing the good guy. I donít care where you live, stupid people sometimes wear police badges.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    A few years ago a couple were involved in an attempted armed carjacking. The owner of the car fought with the BG for his gun while his girlfriend called 911.
    She described in detail her boyfriend. An officer arrives and the girlfriend is shouting donít shoot the guy in the red jacket or something to this effect to describe her boyfriend, the good guy. The cop pulled a 12 ga. and shot both of them killing the good guy. I donít care where you live, stupid people sometimes wear police badges.
    A badge wouldn't have saved his life though.

To me it sounds very strange how you can shoot someone that isn't a threat to the police or to somebody else (I presume he wasn't about to kill the suspect).

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    ...NEVER take it out unless you are being approached by LEOs with guns drawn. ...take it out VERY SLOWLY while calmly and loudly saying, "I HAVE ID! I HAVE ID!"
    Again, I'd have to say if cops have their guns pointed at you... what's wrong with doing exactly what they tell you to do?

I'm certainly not going to be pulling anything out of my pockets... Badge, ID or anything else.

Once they have their guns back in their holsters, there will be plenty of time to show ID, show ccw permit or anything else they require.

If they want to cuff me and dig through my pockets themselves for my ID, I got no problem with it.

My goal, and only goal, is to not get shot by the Po-Po and I don't need a badge to accomplish that.

In fact, having a badge, may end up being the cause of you getting shot. I can see a scenario where being caught up in the heat of the moment, with adrenalin pumping, you may be anxious and too excited to try and get your badge out to show them, causing them to see your movements as "furtive" and forcing a nervous one to shoot before he sees what actually comes out.

I don't know... just the way my mind thinks.

YMMV
    chazglenn3 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    ... stupid people sometimes wear police badges.

Fortunately, they don't stay on the street to long. They get promoted!
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    UGH!

That's the kind of thing I would of thought was cool back when I was 12.
    So true so true!

When I was in the 6th grade I carried a badge!
    I didn't have a weapon but my instrument of attack
    was a broom handle with a red flag on the end.

There was NO JAYWALKING at my crossing!!!!

CDR

I'll trade you a P.F. Flyer decoder ring for it!!!
    Federal 357B 125 gr JHP.......................When you care enough to send the very best.

Let's all sing now "Macho... Macho... man... I wanna be a Macho man......"

that's what that reminds me of ... pure stupidity.

I think everyone here should own one and display it proudly for all to see on your belt. Oh yeah by the way, y'all let me know how that works out for you.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Administrator
    For only a $1.98 you can.........
    SHOW THEM WHO HAS THE POWER!

Oh and BTW...NOBODY is going to believe you are a COP with the power UNLESS you also buy the REAL GENUINE METAL cuffs.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    ...NY 36 NY..
    Wow, that's an oldie!

When I was in high school or just after, I wanted a badge, and at one point I bought one at the local "Ben Franklin Five-and-Dime" store. I took it home, and said to myself, "Boy, I am really impressive now!"

I then threw the badge away and haven't been troubled with such concerns since.

And I remember those ads - right next to the X-Ray Vision Goggles and the Garlic Gum.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I got dragged to the mall again this weekend. I'm not sure how this keeps happening to me....but, while we were there, sitting in a common area waiting for the 6 year olds to finish their ice cream cones, I saw a man, about 30 years old or so, with a badge on his belt walking our way. As he got closer I saw that the badge was the star in the circle type, like the US Marshals wear. This got my attention and as he started to pass by us, I looked very close at it and was stunned to read "Concealed Permit Holder" on the badge. Then I looked and saw his openly carried EMPTY holster on his right hip just behind the "I'm an idiot wanna-be badge".

I didn't say anything to him though I wanted to. I figured it wouldn't do any good because if he's dumb enough to buy one of those stupid badges, he isn't going to like me telling him he's dumb for wearing it.

This was the first time I have actually seen someone with one of those idiot things and I was kind of shocked.

By the way, I was armed with my Glock 23, on my right hip, 2 spare magazines on my left and a snub nosed .357 revolver in my right front pocket. I was concealed, wearing my Glock in an IWB kydex concealment holster with my untucked T-shirt covering everything. The "Mall Vice-Ninjas" never gave me a second look...
    I could understand it as a protest against "gun free zones" but you say this mall allows CCW and he has an empty holster?

Administrator
    I'm selling the now.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Am I the only one who wants to puke because this tread is up again?

Even if the dern thing has turned funny!

William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

DC Founder
    If you live in Arizona, permit holders are not allowed to carry a concealed carry badge, by law. Flash one of those, you will be going to jail and probably be the butt of the joke all the way....
    Bumper
    Coimhťad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Links