Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall - Page 8

Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

This is a discussion on Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't wish to have my first posting construed as argumentative however, there are a variety of reasons this gentleman could have been wearing his ccw ...

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

"I saw an Idiot"

Don't wish to have my first posting construed as argumentative however, there are a variety of reasons this gentleman could have been wearing his ccw badge w/ an empty holster. Perhaps he was a poser, but so what then. Let him have his moments of feeling signifigant and important. Obtaining a CCW permit may well be his most esteemed accomplishment that he wants to share with everyone. Most of us are more discreet in wearing ours if we have them at all. The badges are a good way to readily identify you self to Law Enforcement in a pinch prior to presenting them with your permit. If one does decide to wear a badge engraved with Concealed Weapon/Carry Permit I would suggest be a bit discreet in the manner in which you expose your badge. Reveal it when duely appropriate. Thanks fopr letting me express my thoughts.
    Jamie-USMC

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemcnay View Post
    Don't wish to have my first posting construed as argumentative however, there are a variety of reasons this gentleman could have been wearing his ccw badge w/ an empty holster. Perhaps he was a poser, but so what then. Let him have his moments of feeling signifigant and important. Obtaining a CCW permit may well be his most esteemed accomplishment that he wants to share with everyone. Most of us are more discreet in wearing ours if we have them at all. The badges are a good way to readily identify you self to Law Enforcement in a pinch prior to presenting them with your permit. If one does decide to wear a badge engraved with Concealed Weapon/Carry Permit I would suggest be a bit discreet in the manner in which you expose your badge. Reveal it when duely appropriate. Thanks fopr letting me express my thoughts.
    Jamie-USMC
    Seriously? The ONLY thing a CCW Permit badge is good for is making you feel big and getting you charged with impersonating a police officer. You aren't a cop. Don't wear cop like gear. You have a permit to carry not a permit to go around saving the day for strangers or in any way acting like a police officer. Period.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I think that if ur not in a LEO position it should be against the law to own any badge as that one, just like its against the law to own a federal badge. That would stop it all.....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Professional Grade Conceal Weapon Permit Badge Professional grade Concealed weapon permit badge available in Gold or Nickel finish. Readily identify yourself to Law Enforcement as a legally licensed citizen with one of our Professional Grade Conceal Weapon Permit Badge.
    Professional Grade Heavy Weight CCW Badges
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    I think that if ur not in a LEO position it should be against the law to own any badge as that one, just like its against the law to own a federal badge. That would stop it all.....
    oh boy, another law to solve another problem
    atctimmy likes this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Yes we need laws for idiots....
    tacman605 likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I talked to a guy awhile back that carries a CCW badge. He says he likes to keep it just as concealed as his gun so if he accidentally exposes it in public the nearest sheep will see the badge along with the gun and be less likely to freak out and make a MWAG call. I personally don't take that step... open carry is legal in MI so if my weapon is exposed at some point it's not a legal issue. If the sheep panic, it's their problem. But if the badge makes him happy, to each his own.

The badges are a good way to readily identify you self to Law Enforcement in a pinch prior to presenting them with your permit.
    No...no they are not. They are a GREAT way to get yourself arrested for impersonating a police officer...and does not earn you anything from law enforcement other than disdain and ridicule. Kinda like a fat poser wearing a military uniform.
    phreddy and TN_Mike like this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    The Federal Government gave TSA workers badges so it seems they do not agree with you. TSA are not LEO's.

Michael
    TN_Mike and discoboxer like this.

Administrator
    Typically in order to "impersonate" a Law Enforcement Officer you must effect or attempt to effect some type of police action while identifying yourself as a legitimate officer of the law.

At least that's the way I always understood "Impersonating" an Officer.

That having been said I have no use for a CCW badge.

You guys do know that this thread is dated 2008 ?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Don't wish to have my first posting construed as argumentative however, there are a variety of reasons this gentleman could have been wearing his ccw badge w/ an empty holster.
    If the man was a college student on a college campus protesting the colleges unconstitutional policies prohibiting his right to bear arms that may be valid
    Other than that the only reason would be to remove all doubt that he is a complete idiot inbred moron. Why requiring permits to breed more sense than requiring gun permits.

The badges are a good way to readily identify you self to Law Enforcement in a pinch prior to presenting them with your permit.
    Any officer concluding that because someone has a tin concealed carry badge is evidence that they are not a child molesting baby killing granny molesting thieving low life scum sucking wife beater and is lawfully carrying a fire arm is unfit to be a crossing guard at a preschool playground much less a LEO and should be relived of duty on the basis of STUPID, waste of skin and given the Marine manual on how to properly commit suicide because he is obviously taking up air that could be better used by a useful productive member of the community.
    SIGguy229 likes this.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    That's priceless. "Concealed Permit Holder", but no gun. Maybe his mommy took it away from him.
    I hope he didn't leave it on the top of the toilet in the mall restroom. I think I would have had the kids grab their ice creams and back tracked the way he came. You might have found a gun laying around somewhere!

I found this on another forum and thought it was applicable. It is the story of a hero, a hero with a badge... a CCW badge. Enjoy!

Many of you know me from a previous post as THE SHRUBBERY DEVIL. For years, I have kept my lonely vigil...wearing my GOLD-SHIELD CCW Badge as I enforced the law and assured morality in my community.

YES, the law officers of my little town occasionally snickered and pointed at me as i strolled down the street with my four concealed carry guns and five badges (see previous posts). But the laughter ended most abruptly during the waning days of summer.

Let me tell the story:

It was a sultry morning in late August when I decided to amble down to the local water park, Oceans Of Ecstacy. I yearned merely to frolic in the giant wave pool and unburden myself of the responsibility I bear as a holder of a Gold CCW badge. But, alas, it was not to be.

I was on top on Gusher Mountain when I saw them. Gusher Mountain is this tube that curves round and round like a crazy straw, you see. As it came my turn to enter the tube, I noticed about a dozen members of MS13 (my old nemesis) in line behind me...there machetes gleaming in the late summer sun. Another dozen waited below...in the very pool into which i would be ejected at the end of the ride. I WAS TRAPPED. TRAPPED, I SAY!

There was naught to do but enter the tube. The water sloshed about me as I sped towards my doom. What chance does an unarmed man have in a situation like this?

But alas, I was not unarmed. Ripping off my MuMu, I spread my ample legs wide, and brought my body to a stop in a watery curve by the friction of my hairy thighs. I was now NAKED! GLORIOUSLY NAKED! (and...for the benefit of the ladies...attractively naked at 5'8 and 345 pounds)

NAKED...except for my guns and CCW BADGES. I NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WIThout my guns. My primary carry piece is a Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger. On my weak side is my trusty back up piece...a 500 S&W. On my right ankle is a Colt Combat Commader. On my left ankle, a .357 Colt Python. There is a CCW BADGE glued to each holster. All of them vacuum packed in plastic for my day at the water park. My main CCW GOLD SHIELD dangled from my neck.

(That is not all that dangled, for my manhood is a weapon of it's own. 'wink' to the ladies.)

With these weapons I awaited the knife-wielding thugs of MS13. IT WAS A BLOOD BATH! They came...they slid close to me...I dispatched them with my firearms.

Their lifeless bodies piled into a heap in the pool below, where the other members of MS13 awaited me. AND HERE I WAS, OUT OF AMMO! Out of ammo in my firearms...haha. But I always carry a speargun when i go to the waterpark.

Need I say what happened after that? I am here. Two dozen members of MS13 are not.

I was interviewed by the police for hours. Not as a suspect. They were interested in any tips I could offer them. Then I got back in my '78 Thunderbird and drove away. In the rearview mirror I noticed how the policemen admired the lightbar atop my T-Bird. It is a vintange police light-bar...with the letters CCW boldly stamped in front of the flashing strobes.

The police chief of my little town is trying to rig a spotlight that he can aim at the clouds to summon me to duty. Soon, I shall climb to my roof at night and look for the CCW SIGNAL that means I must answer the call.

THE SHRUBBERY DEVIL bids you a good night.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I found this on another forum and thought it was applicable. It is the story of a hero, a hero with a badge... a CCW badge. Enjoy!

Many of you know me from a previous post as THE SHRUBBERY DEVIL. For years, I have kept my lonely vigil...wearing my GOLD-SHIELD CCW Badge as I enforced the law and assured morality in my community.

YES, the law officers of my little town occasionally snickered and pointed at me as i strolled down the street with my four concealed carry guns and five badges (see previous posts). But the laughter ended most abruptly during the waning days of summer.

Let me tell the story:

It was a sultry morning in late August when I decided to amble down to the local water park, Oceans Of Ecstacy. I yearned merely to frolic in the giant wave pool and unburden myself of the responsibility I bear as a holder of a Gold CCW badge. But, alas, it was not to be.

I was on top on Gusher Mountain when I saw them. Gusher Mountain is this tube that curves round and round like a crazy straw, you see. As it came my turn to enter the tube, I noticed about a dozen members of MS13 (my old nemesis) in line behind me...there machetes gleaming in the late summer sun. Another dozen waited below...in the very pool into which i would be ejected at the end of the ride. I WAS TRAPPED. TRAPPED, I SAY!

There was naught to do but enter the tube. The water sloshed about me as I sped towards my doom. What chance does an unarmed man have in a situation like this?

But alas, I was not unarmed. Ripping off my MuMu, I spread my ample legs wide, and brought my body to a stop in a watery curve by the friction of my hairy thighs. I was now NAKED! GLORIOUSLY NAKED! (and...for the benefit of the ladies...attractively naked at 5'8 and 345 pounds)

NAKED...except for my guns and CCW BADGES. I NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WIThout my guns. My primary carry piece is a Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger. On my weak side is my trusty back up piece...a 500 S&W. On my right ankle is a Colt Combat Commader. On my left ankle, a .357 Colt Python. There is a CCW BADGE glued to each holster. All of them vacuum packed in plastic for my day at the water park. My main CCW GOLD SHIELD dangled from my neck.

(That is not all that dangled, for my manhood is a weapon of it's own. 'wink' to the ladies.)

With these weapons I awaited the knife-wielding thugs of MS13. IT WAS A BLOOD BATH! They came...they slid close to me...I dispatched them with my firearms.

Their lifeless bodies piled into a heap in the pool below, where the other members of MS13 awaited me. AND HERE I WAS, OUT OF AMMO! Out of ammo in my firearms...haha. But I always carry a speargun when i go to the waterpark.

Need I say what happened after that? I am here. Two dozen members of MS13 are not.

I was interviewed by the police for hours. Not as a suspect. They were interested in any tips I could offer them. Then I got back in my '78 Thunderbird and drove away. In the rearview mirror I noticed how the policemen admired the lightbar atop my T-Bird. It is a vintange police light-bar...with the letters CCW boldly stamped in front of the flashing strobes.

The police chief of my little town is trying to rig a spotlight that he can aim at the clouds to summon me to duty. Soon, I shall climb to my roof at night and look for the CCW SIGNAL that means I must answer the call.

THE SHRUBBERY DEVIL bids you a good night.
    CCW badge 29.99, pack of cookies 2.00, the above story of CCW badge carrier, PRICELESS.......
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Not one mention of official Ninja shoes! You know, the kind that lets you climb walls. I really need a pair of those so I could swing from the chandolier on my CCW sash and then scurry back up the wall after I wreak havoc on all the BS's
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links