Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

This is a discussion on Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't need no stinkin badges when you have a CCW sash... p_080000833_2.jpg...

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Saw an Idiot with a CCW Permit Badge at the mall

Don't need no stinkin badges when you have a CCW sash...

p_080000833_2.jpg

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    The "Mall Vice-Ninjas" never gave me a second look...
    A bit off topic but if you ever want to have some fun, walk up to said Mall Cop and say "ya know what is different about us?" then say "I'm armed and you aren't"
    rammerjammer and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiemcnay View Post
    Don't wish to have my first posting construed as argumentative however, there are a variety of reasons this gentleman could have been wearing his ccw badge w/ an empty holster. Perhaps he was a poser, but so what then. Let him have his moments of feeling signifigant and important. Obtaining a CCW permit may well be his most esteemed accomplishment that he wants to share with everyone. Most of us are more discreet in wearing ours if we have them at all. The badges are a good way to readily identify you self to Law Enforcement in a pinch prior to presenting them with your permit. If one does decide to wear a badge engraved with Concealed Weapon/Carry Permit I would suggest be a bit discreet in the manner in which you expose your badge. Reveal it when duely appropriate. Thanks fopr letting me express my thoughts.

Jamie-USMC

There is no CCW in TN.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver View Post
    I talked to a guy awhile back that carries a CCW badge. He says he likes to keep it just as concealed as his gun so if he accidentally exposes it in public the nearest sheep will see the badge along with the gun and be less likely to freak out and make a MWAG call. I personally don't take that step... open carry is legal in MI so if my weapon is exposed at some point it's not a legal issue. If the sheep panic, it's their problem. But if the badge makes him happy, to each his own.
    I used to do something similar. Many years ago I hit swap meets on a regular basis, one in particular was outdoors, and much of the merchandise was on the ground under the tables, so you'd often end up on your hands and knees digging through boxes. One regular vendor was a little blue haired older lady, who I witnessed call the police twice on people she saw with a gun. One was a CCW the other an off duty cop. I didn't want to deal with something like that, so I got a badge, clipped it directly in front of the holster, and took extra care in keeping it concealed. I'm pretty sure I failed in that on at least one occasion in her sight, but she didn't call in a MWAG. Bear in mind, I wore it ONLY concealed where it would be visible only if the gun was exposed, and ONLY to that swap meet. As soon as I returned to my car it came off. I'd also resolved that if a shooting incident had occurred then as one hand reaches for cell phone, the other would be throwing the badge into the field on the other side of the railroad tracks. :-) Once that swap meet stopped being held, I took a copy of my CCW training certificate, laminated it to a nice piece of oak, and fastened the badge to that, which is now hanging on the bedroom wall. It was useful in a VERY limited fashion. Now it's far more useful decorating my wall.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Army22rpr View Post
    Thought that I would weigh in here as a new carrier. I too thought this would be a good idea...until I found this site. I thought that if I was caught printing that this would alleviate some of the fears that a LEO would have. It may not be his stupidity that was front and center, but maybe he is just uninformed. Maybe approaching the guy and pointing him to this site could have made him a better carrier.

But, I have to admit wearing a badge and not carrying screams keystone cop!
    You might be right. Reminds me of Loretta Lynn's quote: "Don't you call me no stupid hillbilly! I may be ignorant but I ain't stupid!"

I hope I never see one in person. I could see getting one as a joke and not wearing/using it, but really who else but people like us on the forum would think that they are funny? I don't think the average joe would get the humor.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    He he he
    Looks like it would come with a plastic pistol and plastic handcuffs.

New Rothco Black Leather Police Security Concealed Carry Badge/ ID Holder Wallet (613902112902) | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I hope I never see one in person. I could see getting one as a joke and not wearing/using it, but really who else but people like us on the forum would think that they are funny? I don't think the average joe would get the humor.
    Actually, I used to work with an older guy that had his CCW badge and he kept it in his wallet (like the cops on TV). He had one of those uncle mikes holsters with a mag pouch attached to it and refused to carry with one in the pipe. Even funnier, another guy we worked with was a part time LEO, man did we have some fun with that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    He he he
    Looks like it would come with a plastic pistol and plastic handcuffs.

New Rothco Black Leather Police Security Concealed Carry Badge/ ID Holder Wallet (613902112902) | eBay
    Hey, there are 5 available. Nobody bid, they are ALLLLL MINE!
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Hey, there are 5 available. Nobody bid, they are ALLLLL MINE!
    The scary part is look at the number sold....the dude selling them would make even more if they said Mall Cop. ( no disrespect to real mall cops)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I got dragged to the mall again this weekend. I'm not sure how this keeps happening to me....but, while we were there, sitting in a common area waiting for the 6 year olds to finish their ice cream cones, I saw a man, about 30 years old or so, with a badge on his belt walking our way. As he got closer I saw that the badge was the star in the circle type, like the US Marshals wear. This got my attention and as he started to pass by us, I looked very close at it and was stunned to read "Concealed Permit Holder" on the badge. Then I looked and saw his openly carried EMPTY holster on his right hip just behind the "I'm an idiot wanna-be badge".

I didn't say anything to him though I wanted to. I figured it wouldn't do any good because if he's dumb enough to buy one of those stupid badges, he isn't going to like me telling him he's dumb for wearing it.

This was the first time I have actually seen someone with one of those idiot things and I was kind of shocked.

By the way, I was armed with my Glock 23, on my right hip, 2 spare magazines on my left and a snub nosed .357 revolver in my right front pocket. I was concealed, wearing my Glock in an IWB kydex concealment holster with my untucked T-shirt covering everything. The "Mall Vice-Ninjas" never gave me a second look...
    Wait...I thought the entire point of a CCW was to have the element of surprise should you be attacked? Doesn't that badge kinda ruin that....? What a moron.

Ohh this is too good. Thanks for the laugh.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I saw one of these idiots once too. Cops wannabes.

Is this what he looked like?

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Is this what he looked like?
    That's my gear for when I get the morning paper. It's rough out there. LOL

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Links