She asked the question...!!

This is a discussion on She asked the question...!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I deal with this kinda of garbage everyday... the best thing you can do for all involved is to kick her out. It will be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She asked the question...!!

Administrator
    I deal with this kinda of garbage everyday... the best thing you can do for all involved is to kick her out. It will be tough for the first few days, but it needs to be done.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    You could have your girlfriend get together with a couple of her other family members - sign some papers and have her committed to a mental health facility.
    And then go visit her often there.

Truthfully I don't even know how you can sleep at night with a suicidal mentally ill alcoholic roaming around in your home.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Out of sight, out of mind...and time heals all.

You need to take some drastic steps, and soon.

The crazy one goes now...if the sister objects, she goes too!

You'll be giving someone else the same advice, further down the road.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wow i read some of these post and i guess i look at them being harsh as i have never had to deal with this type of situation before. I have always looked at depression as an illness like a cancer or other horrific diease. the problem is the person with depression doesn't know they have it, to them this is their normal. For sure i do not understand the inner workings of the tough situation i guess i just see kicking her out as a last resort, to force her to have to get help not to just do it because it is better for the OP. Kicking her out could be the last straw that pushes her over the edge, surley this would cause you some heartache if it does. clearly she needs help and she is part of your soon to be family. Wow i just don't have any idea what the best road is in a case like this. All i can say is I wish you good luck, if i was a religous man i would pray for you and your situation.

GoPony... Here's a secret! Some diseases are fatal and without a cure. Sad and tragic every time, too!

You can't fix everyone and it's foolish to destroy your own life and future dealing with something that can't, or doesn't want to be fixed.

THE ONLY PERSON who can fix this woman is herself! And it looks like she isn't going to do it. And people like this love to ruin other peoples life as well. They want company so they aren't the only ones to self destruct. They are Master Manipulators!

I notice you said YOU have never had to deal with this type of situation before...

Well, people like Sixto, Myself and others in the either the medical, or public safety business do have experience in this. We do this for a living. I don't get paid to work on computers or sell houses or stuff like that. I get paid for crisis intervention and so does Sixto.

Trust me... this gal knows what she is doing with her life... She's driving the bus! And she knows what she is doing to her sister's and future brother in laws life too.

There are types of mental illness like schizophrenia and others where the victims truly have little or no control and are truly tormented individuals... This is not what monky describes as her condition.

I'm not trying to cure Monky's problems.... I'm just advising him that he has an option not to go down with the sinking ship.

It is certainly his choice.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I'm not trying to cure Monky's problems.... I'm just advising him that he has an option not to go down with the sinking ship.

It is certainly his choice.
    I think this sums things up very well. The ship will sink, its a fact.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Anything I could tell you has pretty much already been stated by Bark'n. I haven't dealt with these situations as long as he has on the job, but I have done quite more than my fair share already. Not to mention some family history in similarity to go along with it.

Choices in life can sometimes be very tough. You, I, and the rest of us here all know that. It's time to choose what's most important in your life. Yourself, your GF-soon-to-be-wife, or your GF's sister who has already chosen for herself.

Time to set her loose I'm afraid.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

The way I would look at it is you tried to give her a chance and help, but if someone is determined to do something there going to do it. Get her out of your house before she does do something, then you have to deal with the aftermath in YOUR home.....

On one hand I hope my wife will ask me the question one day. On the other hand I hope we're never in a situation where she feels she needs to ask.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm no Dr. Phil, but I think others have given some sound advice.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links