Defensive Carry banner

Taking the class this Saturday

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Bark'n 
#1 · (Edited)
Local LEO's offering the state-mandated CCW class this Saturday. Got signed up.

After that, it's only a matter of applying, background checking, fingerprinting, paying, and waiting before I can exercise my 2A rights. :comeandgetsome:

The process has begun. Hopefully I'll be joining the carrying club by the end of the summer!

#4 ·
Enjoy the class. Remember, safety first!

#7 ·
Good for you! Welcome to the Dark Side!

And the wait begins, for the permit to be processed and arrive!

Agonizing to say the least!

#9 ·
Just recalled a funny little thing that occurred today:

LEO brought a few of his weapons as examples of different types of pistols. During a break, I was admiring his Beretta semi-auto. 9mm, I believe (and yes, I made sure it was unloaded and safe).

He said that it had sentimental value to him, but there was one thing about it that really bothered him. Then he instructed me to hold it pointed in his general direction at a sort of "low ready" position. He did some quick sweep with his hand and in 1/2 second had the slide/barrel assembly, leaving me holding just the frame!

Anybody seen this on a Beretta before? He claimed that there were inmates caught on video practicing this maneuver.

Anyway, left me laughing, I can tell you that!

#10 ·
I believe you were holding the Beretta 92, which is very easy to take apart. There is a little button that u need to push on the right side of then, and then push down a lever down on the left side, and the slide comes right off.

#11 ·
Yes... reach across the top of the slide and activate the takedown lever with your fingers and slide comes off.

I believe on the newer models Beretta fixed that issue because of LEO complaints.

I've never owned a model 92 but I have done that on one before when I first saw it done in a movie.

I'm sure someone who owns Beretta Model 92 will chime in later and explain in greater detail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.