Problem this morning with ccw

This is a discussion on Problem this morning with ccw within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In Tennessee, the HCP would actually be better ID for an older person. A seniors' DL is not required to have a picture, but the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Problem this morning with ccw

In Tennessee, the HCP would actually be better ID for an older person. A seniors' DL is not required to have a picture, but the HCP has one regardless of age.

On another note, my cousin is a pharmacist here in TN. He says they must accept any government issued ID, but only ask for identification on Schedule drugs and the drugs must be signed for.

2. Remove Ads

My permit doesn't have a picture yet...it will when I renew though. So mine would not be a legal form of ID, but then again, it's not illegal for me to show anyone, accidentally or on purpose.

VIP Member

State issued ID/ International DL ??

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    If you mother did not have a DL because she doesn't drive, she can get a state issued ID card from the department of motor vehicles (at least that's true in Virginia). It looks just about like a DL but it's not.
    It is true in Texas too. My mother, who never had a DL in her life, got a Texas ID at the age of 86. The only photo ID she had was either a library card or a bus pass; I can't recall which. She had no passport, and I'm not even sure if we had a birth certificate for her. To my amazement, and thankfully because she needed the ID to get on a plane, they did nothing more than ask if I could vouch for her identity and I think they then recorded my DL for proof of who she was.

I absolutely oppose Real ID because there are lots of people (often elderly) but sometimes young folks too, who for one reason or another lack any means to prove who they are.

For the same reason, I don't like this business of requiring ID to get on a plane.

Has anyone ever tried to use an International Driver's License for ID?

This is an interesting document. It is issued by AAA, somehow on the basis of an international convention which almost all countries have signed on to.
    You need a Passport to get it, and it has your photo on it along with your Passport number. Of course, it is not directly a US government issued ID; but it comes dang close.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I absolutely oppose Real ID because there are lots of people (often elderly) but sometimes young folks too, who for one reason or another lack any means to prove who they are.

For the same reason, I don't like this business of requiring ID to get on a plane.
    It is trivial for virtually every American, young or old, to get valid identification. It is far more difficult for illegals to gain access to valid identification, which is why it is imperative we implement RealID. RealID is literally tamperproof and virtually impossible to forge.

Not requiring valid idenification to board an aircraft was directly the cause of 9/11. RealID was introduced to solve exactly that problem. Its other benefits are also important and mandatory to halt illegals free access to our sovereign nation.

Smile Varies from state-to-state...

Quote Originally Posted by briansmech View Post
    i'd check, but i believe you're required to have you drivers license with you, as well as your cwp - ie, the cwp must accompany your DL AS an ID. i remember it being taught that way, but don't recall if i've ever actually READ it. may vary state to state..

Colorado: 18-12-204 (2) (a) "A permittee, in compliance with the terms of a permit, may carry a concealed handgun as allowed by state law. The permittee shall carry the permit, together with valid photo identification, at all times during which the permittee is in actual possession of a concealed handgun and shall produce both documents upon demand by a law enforcement officer."

Seems to imply that the CCW permit isn't a valid photo ID - it needs a backup piece to work properly in Colorado. Just gotta' know the rules for the place you're carrying.
    Protect your family. Reload. Call 911.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links