Defensive Carry banner

Getting a Non Resident Permit ?

919 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  NCHornet 
#1 ·
I was replying to another thread regarding NC doesn't have a photo ID on their CCW permits. So the thought came to me, if you were applying for a non resident permit in a state that does require a photo how do you go about this? Do you have a notary sign a statement the photo you are including is you, do the non resident permits not have a photo? I am just curious, no need for a out of state permit as NC is recognized in somewhere around 32 states and I don't travel far from home anymore. Thanks for the info.

NCH

#3 ·
PA non resident CHP has a photo. Of course I was visiting a friend there when I got mine. SD took the photo for it and my friend picked it up when ready and mailed it to me. Not sure how they work it if your applying by mail.

#5 ·
Utah, requires a copy of your Driver's License, and since ours have a photo on them... they can compare the photos and verify it's really us. No one signs off on the finger prints either, that they are really yours.

#6 ·
Thanks for the info. Makes sense to ask for a copy of the drivers license to make sure your photo is valid. I have no need for a non res permit but as I said I was just curious.

NCH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.