CCW action (video)

This is a discussion on CCW action (video) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Why do you say that armed robbery isn't a threat to life?...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW action (video)

Why do you say that armed robbery isn't a threat to life?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

AH
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Yes... the robber was hit 2 or 3 times, I believe.

This is a situation, I would not have shot. No threat to life. I'm not that interested in protecting the cash register or the money in it. Nor , would I shoot that close to the people at the counter
    Glad to see that I am not the only one that would think four times before drawing here..I was not there,thank God,however..Based on the video I could have just as easily could have hit the kid and or mom..

If you go to the link on the video itself (see below), it has a nice disclaimer...
    Are the Videos Fake???
    The most popular video of ours is the BMW car chase (aka Hicks vs. Yuppies). It seems to have made its way around the net...

This video was created one afternoon by four friends with nothing better to do. We weren't trying to accomplish anything except to make a home movie that might make people laugh. We wanted to create a short video that surprised the audience at the end.

We had no idea that it would spark numerous debates about its authenticity. Quite a few people have weighed in with their opinion, some believing that it was completely fake, while others made interesting points regarding why they felt that it was real.

We loved reading all the comments, bad, good, and ugly. I can tell you that we did everything in one take, completely unscripted, with about ten minutes of planning. Alot is cut, especially near the end because we were laughing!
    The evidence was right there in the open...hidden in plain sight.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Yes... the robber was hit 2 or 3 times, I believe.

This is a situation, I would not have shot. No threat to life. I'm not that interested in protecting the cash register or the money in it. Nor , would I shoot that close to the people at the counter, but the guy was obviously a very good shot, well practiced, and had good placement of his shots ... so it may have been no concern in that sense.
    As I recall, the robber did shoot, but I don't remember who shot first.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Why do you say that armed robbery isn't a threat to life?
    Agreed. When someone is threatening you with a weapon, forget about his demands, the wallet, the contents of the cash register, the fancy car---all irrelevant. He is informing you by the threat that he is thinking about killing you in order to accomplish his goals.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Yeah, there was recently a robbery near hear where two guys went to what they thought was where, "all the rich white people go," and pulled a gun and shot two guys outside of a christian recording studio. They pulled a gun, that's the threat. If you wait until they fire, it's too late.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

I remember about a year ago when this happened and the good guy was on replying to our questions. I thought the perp did have a weapon but I can't recall if he actually fired or not. Regardless a man pulls a weapon, doesn't matter to me if it is a knife, gun or baseball bat, this is a threat of my life, period!! I can't understand those that say this wasn't a situation for drawing and shooting? I also agree we don't need to be internet ninjas here. The bottom line is the innocent folks went home safe, possibly because of this mans actions so I applaud his actions. How do you know the perp wasn't going to cap everyone there after he got the money?? I agree with his actions and I am glad it all ened up okay for him. If I remember he didn't face any legal trouble because of this but maybe someone with better memory can correct this if I am wrong.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

He did have a handgun and he was shooting it as he ran away.
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links