Will you go back for your cell phone if you forget it?

This is a discussion on Will you go back for your cell phone if you forget it? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There are about 225 tech that call me for information, so yes. Unless I'm near work when I realize it. I live 45 minutes from ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you go back for your cell phone if you forget it?

There are about 225 tech that call me for information, so yes. Unless I'm near work when I realize it. I live 45 minutes from work. Then I have my wife carry it and call me at the office when a call comes through. Makes you wonder what we did years ago huh.....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post

Remember: the first one to call is the victim.
    I don't know where this theory comes from, but I sure wish it would go away.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I don't know where this theory comes from, but I sure wish it would go away.
    Thank you. It really makes no sense at all.

I don't consider myself properly "armed" without my phone, so yes, I do go back on the rare occasion that it gets left behind.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I have only a personal cell phone. If I were 2 miles from the house at the grocery, no. Some of us remember existing for decades in the pre-cell-phone paleolithic period.

If I were 2 miles into a 2000 mile road trip, yes I would go back; if I were 200 miles into the trip, no. It would be cheaper to buy a prepaid phone and keep going.

VIP Member
    No....

If I leave my phone....I get a nice quiet day. I honestly do not really care.

As for emergencies--I am never in a tough spot (location-wise/work 6 days a week) and if I go out on the road I DO take it.

Peace and quiet is wonderful.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    My phone is work provided and is integral to what I do (especially since my department is on the opposite side of the building from everyone else and I'm often out and about. So yes, I always go home to get mine... especially since I'm usually on call, even when I'm not working.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

TOF
    What's a Cell Phone?
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

I functioned many years without a cell phone, but nowadays I consider it to be an important tool in my overall personal security/self defense package. I don't leave home without it and if I forget it I'm most inclined to go back and get it.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I've forgotten mine before and didn't discover it until I was at work. Each time, I've gotten my guys out in the field and then went home and got it. I get so many calls early in the morning I have to go get it or it will wake my wife. If that happens, guess how the rest of my day will be going!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    God help me I don't know how I ever made it through a day without my cellular!

J/K But honestly, it depends. Usually I'd only go back if I was expecting an important call though I do now feel naked without the damn thing!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

not normally id almost rather not have the phone on me esp when driving a lot of the time. if someone calls i try to keep it very short, my mom is the worst about not listening to me saying i have to go. I drive a car with no power steering and a 5spd normally. so its kinda cumbersome to talk unless im not in traffic. But for safety a cell phone is a great thing to carry for reporting dui people prowling etc

Yeah I'll go back for the darn thing.

I have a love/hate relationship with that awesome piece of junk

Yes I will. And I have done just that the few times I have actually forgotten my cell phone.

My cell phone is part of my EDC gear load and I treat it just like my gun. I always have it because you never know when you will need it.

I can make a suggestion to the original poster, do what I do. I also use my phone as a back up alarm to get up in the morning. I have the charger at the side of my bed. I plug my phone in when I go to bed so it charges right then. You can leave the phone on the charger even if it is fully charged. It will not hurt the phone at all. That way, the phone is fully charged as soon as you get up.
    I also have a car charger so if it needs a little boost during the day, I can do it while I drive in or home.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links