Will you go back for your cell phone if you forget it?

This is a discussion on Will you go back for your cell phone if you forget it? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Absolutley yes! After the scare my Mom gave us the whole family is on the anal retentive side about it. She left her phone, car ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will you go back for your cell phone if you forget it?

Absolutley yes! After the scare my Mom gave us the whole family is on the anal retentive side about it. She left her phone, car broke down and she walked 4 miles in the dark! We were all going nuts with "what ifs".

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I can make a suggestion to the original poster, do what I do. I also use my phone as a back up alarm to get up in the morning. I have the charger at the side of my bed. I plug my phone in when I go to bed so it charges right then. You can leave the phone on the charger even if it is fully charged. It will not hurt the phone at all. That way, the phone is fully charged as soon as you get up.
    I also have a car charger so if it needs a little boost during the day, I can do it while I drive in or home.
    +1 My wife and I do the same thing. My phone charges on my nightstand and her phone on hers. In the morning the phones wake us up at our respective wakeup times. Then when we are getting dressed our phones come off of the chargers before we move to the kitchen. Mine goes directly into my pocket.

If I forget it there is no chance of going back to get it. I never know how long a wait it will be to get through the gate (of the Army post I work on) so I really can't afford any delays. If I turn around and go back for it Murphy will make sure that there is a really long line at the gate and I will be late.

Yes - but my phone is also for work and I am sometimes on the road trying to do office work via my phone. If it wasn't necessary for work I think I'd leave it home for the day.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    I have forgot my cell phone at home several times, but haven't forgot my gun yet. If I'm not on a time schedule to get somewhere, I will go back home and get it. Murphy is always waiting just around the corner.
    I dont use my cell for work and 9 times out of 10 when it rings it's my daughter ( single dad ), so I like to have it on me at all times. Can't beat it for emergencies.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    The easy thing to do is get an extra charger and put it in your bedroom. Charge the phone while you sleep and then just put in with your belt in the morning. About the only places I ever charge my phone are on the nightstand and in the car...

(It's also my only phone. No landline for me...)
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

If I'm CCW, then I want my phone along also...yes I have gone back for the cell.
    (I've never forgotten the sidearm...)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    No, not unless I am going out of town. I don't carry it everywhere I go unless I expecting a call from someone close. Few have my cell phone number. I realize the discussion is about needing to call from your cell, but I will just take the risk.

Wonder how we ever got by without cells? Now it gives us something to do while driving or waiting for someone. I wish folks could get it so that they don't have to shout to talk over a cell.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I wish folks could get it so that they don't have to shout to talk over a cell.
    The ones that don't need one of these...

“Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

I won't even walk out of a room without my cell phone. I spent years on call 24/7...so it became part of my body essentially.
    Armed and waiting...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links