Tool pouch carry...

This is a discussion on Tool pouch carry... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im an electrician so I wear a pretty heavy tool pouch just wondering if anyone has the same carry situation or ideas where to carry... ...

Thread: Tool pouch carry...

Tool pouch carry...

Im an electrician so I wear a pretty heavy tool pouch just wondering if anyone has the same carry situation or ideas where to carry... I tried front pocket carry and that wont work.. Im thinking about buying a holster just for my tool belt and open carry... What do you guys think? Thanks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I also from time to time wear a " tool belt " , well a couple depending on what i get into which can be anything from " rough " carpentry ( rebuilding a barn or round top building thro remodeling houses ) to your line of work rewiring houses or working on submersible pump controls . What i have found is that for the most part i have went to " suspenders " on the work belts and carry iwb as normal . You should note tho that my lower back is a mess to the point that i simply cannot hang a lot of weight off my hips anymore ( a mis spent youth, un treated back injures coupled with years of a duty belt and then riding equipment for years as an operator ) . I did put a generic pouch on one belt behind my right hand tool pouch that is big enough to allow me to unclip my p9 Kahr and then zip it closed with the p9 , holster , and spare mag . Fast NO , but if i need to " cinch up " the belt nothing bites me but the leatherman , and i usually tuck it in there too along with cell phone ect.. its the hold my belt crap pocket and stays empty other than a 10 pack of box cutter/carpet knife blades otherwise .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    How about wearing overalls? You might be able to conceal a smallish pistol inside those. You could pocket carry a Kel-Tec in the chest pocket as well.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I would try the IWB carry or try a bellyband if your packing a smaller handgun.

What are you carrying?

Have you tried a rear pocket carry with a small auto? Very comfortable and covert (prints like a wallet)......draw is completely natural in a "gimme your wallet" type scenario. If I'm not carrying my Kahr K9 IWB, my Seecamp is in my rear pocket.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I've carried my 1911 in my C-TAC under a tee with my belt and harness over it for a while.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

How about wearing overalls?
    Only someone who has not done the job(s ) can ask the question about the comfort of " overalls , be they bibbys or full suit " . I will point out that Mr Green Jeans was rather fond of the " bibs" , but all he had to do is stand up and talk . If and when i put on my " operator hat " i kind of like them too because if a machine breaks i dont have to fix it , i wait for the mechanic . Whin i exist in the real world tho ( pants and a shirt at minimum ) Hey if you cannot understand this then buy YOU a pair of farmeralls , and remember me every time you reach up lol . Ill crawl into the belly of a running combine , i however wont go where electritions go to repair common well issues as well as some house issues . I can deal , but i have a healthy respect for " sparktricity" and in fact treat a live line as a rattle snake , if i can leave it alone it might go away . Understand tho my day may run from changing out a plugin on a 110 line to replacing a box on a 440 line for a sprinkler . BTW i hope that ouch can explain to me just how it works if i leave a couple of lines lay on a carpet , just how the hell dont the " lectons " run out of it like a garden hose awaiting the unaware to ambush them similar to a lion at an african water hole lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

This was about 30 years ago... but remember those Buck Knife Folding Hunters that everyone just had to have... came with a leather belt sheath.

I knew a firefighter that carried a NAA .22 mini-revolver inside that sheath instead of the knife. It fit perfectly and everyone assumed it was just a Buck Knife that everyone had those days.

If you think outside the box... lots of things can work for carrying a small pistol.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I knew a firefighter that carried a NAA .22 mini-revolver inside that sheath instead of the knife. It fit perfectly and everyone assumed it was just a Buck Knife that everyone had those days.
    ill bet that somehow he still carried a " big honkin knife " to cut seatbelts ect . Hide one in plain sight is fine , but consider you will have to replace or do without that " plain sight tool " that you replace .

i'll have to keep my eye open for a little pouch I can put on there

Ouch , that and loosen up to hang on the " suspenders" is the best options i can give ya . sorry bud after 30 years or so of ccw , there is no magic combo lol .

Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    i'll have to keep my eye open for a little pouch I can put on there
    Go to Walmart or check online at backpacking/camping or camera stores...

They make a lot of decent, belt mounted camera cases these days for your "sure shot" type cameras. Made of cordura and even padded to protect a small gun (camera)!

I also love Duluth Trading Co. Products designed and tested by Tradesmen. A lot of their clothing is just "made" for CCW purposes. Great cover garments! And they are loaded with cool & great tools, pouches and gadgets! Very extensive product line. (I've dropped some serious coin at their store over the years and have an order "in transit" as I write this.)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links