Packing on the Beach

Packing on the Beach

This is a discussion on Packing on the Beach within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seems to me that a fanny pack is the only real option here. Or one of those pack safes from Center of Mass. Anyone have ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Packing on the Beach

Packing on the Beach

Seems to me that a fanny pack is the only real option here. Or one of those pack safes from Center of Mass.

Anyone have some creative ways to ccw on the beach?

get thunderwear....
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Easy for me. The Pacific NW coast is usually cold.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Get a smartcarry or thunderware. Fanny packs are good, but unless your wearing black socks with sandals to blend in with the tourists, they just scream "gun".
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I leave the Kimber in the car (parked in view on the beach), and use the P-3AT in a Fist kydex pocket holster for the swimsuit on the beach chairs.
    Swimming is not a problem as I'm dead set against feeding the sharks.

Stay armed...use sunscreen...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Why not use a thigh rig and carry openly, I bet you get the best spot on the beach.

My question to add to this is, if you conceal at the beach, what do you do if you want to go in? I suppose you could transfer it to your spouse and take a dip.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Just tuck it into the front of your suit. Preferably not a speedo.

Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    Just tuck it into the front of your suit. Preferably not a speedo.

Hahaha!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I use a fanny pack or a belly band and I dont go into the water above my knee's. I dont like to feed the sharks either......

I think that the fanny pack only screams, "Gun" to those of us who know about such things. The average person gives it no thought. A lot of people carry fanny packs that do not have guns in them.
    A small gun like the KTs fits in a very small fanny pack, and most of us would not recognize it or at least not be very sure it held a gun.

I think we are are overly concerned about such things. But some don't care if they print.
    The fanny pack and small gun seem to be the best choice if one is determined to be armed on the beach.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I think that the fanny pack only screams, "Gun" to those of us who know about such things. The average person gives it no thought. A lot of people carry fanny packs that do not have guns in them.
    A small gun like the KTs fits in a very small fanny pack, and most of us would not recognize it or at least not be very sure it held a gun.

I think we are are overly concerned about such things. But some don't care if they print.
    The fanny pack and small gun seem to be the best choice if one is determined to be armed on the beach.

Regards,
    Jerry

+1 I use a fanny pak all the time, and nobody pays the least bit of attention. Even the LEO's walk right by.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

A very valid question to which I have no answer, never even thought of it. I know in Hawaii you can legally have a dive knife strapped to your leg, which is a decent defense.

I'd skip the speedo, and make sure whatever firearm you are carrying has a very good finish, because being by the ocean will rust the metal pretty quick.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have a pair of swim shorts with a zippered pocket. I think I got them at Walmart of all places.

Perfect for Ruger LCP in a nemesis pocket holster then placed in zip-lock baggies if you really plan on swimming. Also perfect for canoe and float trips.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post

Regards,
    Jerry
    Actually there was a Federal LEO that posted while having his oil changed he was wearing a fanny pack and the guy asked him what kinda gun he had,seems the guy was out on parole and in prison they have learned that guys with fanny packs are usually concealing a gun in them.so maybe mom and pop don't know but the guys you probably need to be more concerned about probably do know
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    On Spring Break in PCB, I carried my 1911 5", a Glock 17, and an NAA 22LR on the beach... at the same time, IWB. I fail to see the problem.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links