When you go where you can't carry

This is a discussion on When you go where you can't carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I was wondering what others do when they go somewhere that they can't carry. Somewhere like the post office, a place of worship, or ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you go where you can't carry

When you go where you can't carry

Hi, I was wondering what others do when they go somewhere that they can't carry. Somewhere like the post office, a place of worship, or a school. How do you store in your car? If this has been posted before please point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I simply use an old ( left over from another time of my life ) set of handcuffs and cuff the pistol to the seat of the car ( after unloading ). In fact a set of cuffs lives hooked to the seat " pillars " ( where the seat attaches to the floor , normally 4 per seat lol ) of each of our vehicles .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

"It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    COM safes...they work very well.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Gun Vault

I mounted a gun vault from Cabella's in my pick-up center console. It was a tight fit but it should slow them up if they are determined to extract it. The console key locks and the vault uses a finger combo lock; thus, creating a triple lock on the firearm. Truck door, console, and vault. From the outside of the truck it looks like a factory console. I have also taken pictures for use in court, if necessary.

I try very hard to avoid where I can't carry, if I must leave it in the car then I lock it in the glove compartment and park the car in a high traffice area.

if i go someplace i cannot carry (aside from my job), i unload my handgun, put the mag in one spot in my truck and my gun in the glovebox. I can see my truck all day at work, so i am not too concerned. I avoid post offices and such like the plague.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovernm View Post
    Hi, I was wondering what others do when they go somewhere that they can't carry.
    The only place you can't carry is where there is security screening. Otherwise it is voluntary. Where I can't carry or I voluntarily choose not to I use the Secure-It (COM) travel safe.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

VIP Member
    Luckily my truck has an auxiliary glove box inside the main one, just the right size to hold a 5” 1911, when the lid to the smaller box is closed it just looks like part of the dash. I can place my weapon in there and lock the glove box and even if someone breaks in but does not know where to look it is still well hidden. Previous vehicles I used one of those mandated cable locks to secure my weapon to the seat frame and covered it with a towel.

+1 on using handcuffs. I use them frequently to secure baggage in hotel rooms.

For car, I finally broke down and got 2 COM safes keyed alike.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

JD
    Administrator
    Another vote for the COM safes., we have two keyed alike safes.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Another +1 for COM. (Lockboxes, not really safes.) I got a pair with the same key; one goes in the trunk and the other is under the driver's seat. In that seat, I can pretty easily draw and put the gun in the box. If I need to unload (because the whole thing is about to get moved to the trunk to be Maryland legal ) I can aim down or towards the engine block while I am unloading, then lock things up in the box.

Very convenient.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Since I use a fanny-pak, I just put it under the seat, lock the car and do what I need to. I put it back on upon my return.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I like the idea of the COM safe, but doesn't that draw attention when you go through the motions of securing the firearm in place?

or

Do you secure it ahead of time knowing your headed somewhere you can't carry, then wouldn't that give you away as your pulling it back out?

I think about how obvious reaching under my seat would be,opening a medium/large folding box,...

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    I like the idea of the COM safe, but doesn't that draw attention when you go through the motions of securing the firearm in place?

or

Do you secure it ahead of time knowing your headed somewhere you can't carry, then wouldn't that give you away as your pulling it back out?

I think about how obvious reaching under my seat would be,opening a medium/large folding box,...
    Well, personally, if someone is staring at me in a parking lot, I'm not going to put my gun away and lock it up, likewise, if there are a ton of people around, I'll wait until there's less pedestrian traffic.

Now for the guys in black suits on the roof with spotting scopes....

...Just kidding.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links