Reciprocity questions

This is a discussion on Reciprocity questions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I got my CCW in Pennsylvania last year. Then I moved to Arizona where I got a CCW there. Now I am back in ...

Thread: Reciprocity questions

Reciprocity questions

So I got my CCW in Pennsylvania last year. Then I moved to Arizona where I got a CCW there. Now I am back in Pa. So I have two permits, but reside in Pa. My question is, is my Az permit still valid? I'm wondering this now because I'm going to be traveling to Missouri in the next week and my Pa permit has reciprocity in Missouri and Indiana and my Az permit has reciprocity in the Ohio.

Can I legally carry in Ohio being a Pennsylvania resident?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    best place to check is Handgunlaw.us One thing to make certian is that the states you hold a CCW with have your current address on file. Usually a BIG no-no if you move and don't notify them.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    There's no rule against holding multiple permits; so long as you submit the change of address to Arizona, and they accept it, you should be fine. (Of course, you ought to have updated PA with your AZ adress, and now with your new PA address.)

All of this is moot if AZ doesn't do non-resident permits; I have no idea whether they do or not.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

BTW - welcome to the forum. Glad you are asking the important questions and not making assumptions. I'd bookmark that website I listed above because you can make reciprocity maps and it also has links to actual state statutes so you can be certian of the law and not accept hearsay. The forum is awesome for people bringing up points to ponder and also what people believe to be forbidden places. However, I personally believe there is no excuse for not reading the law and "knowing" for yourself.

It's uncertian from your original post, but deffinately make sure, if you haven't already, that PA and AZ are aware of your current address. If they are not, your CCW is likely INVALID.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Missouri does not issue non-resident permits... But we do recognize folks carrying on a non-resident permit. We also have full reciprocity with every states permit.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Hopefully you have kept up on address changes but I don't think your resident arizona is any good once you physically change your state of residency and you are no longer a resident of arizona
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

TOF
    Taken from Handgun Laws website

"Arizona
    How to Obtain an Initial Arizona Concealed Weapon Permit
    General: Arizona issues one permit and does not differentiate between resident and nonresident.
    Nonresidents
    may apply for a permit upon completion of the initial 8 hour class. Training must take place in
    Arizona.
    Certain law enforcement personnel and county detention officers may be exempt from this requirement."

Send them your new address and Stay safe
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Another thing to watch for is states that only honor homestate permits. Doesn't look like it applies in this case, however, if you decide to travel over the border from MO into Kansas on your trip...... Kansas is a state that will only honor your homestate permit and doesn't care what other permits you may have. Kansas honers AZ but not PA and since you are no longer a resident of AZ, you wouldn't be covered.

Who is John Galt?

Links