Six Flags St Louis MO

This is a discussion on Six Flags St Louis MO within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know the Missouri state sight says amusement parkes are no carry. I also know unless asked to leave and you do not there is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Flags St Louis MO

Six Flags St Louis MO

I know the Missouri state sight says amusement parkes are no carry. I also know unless asked to leave and you do not there is no force of law. I also know the park has rules about firearms.
    My question has anyone been and what are the security measures?
    Metal dectors? Bag searches?
    No, I do not ride coasters and it will be hidden well.

2. Remove Ads

In some stastes thenyes, a no-carry sign mean nothing unless they ask you to leave. But if the state says no carry then that's the end of it.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I can't remember if there are metal detectors or not, I don't think so. They do search your bags. Since I attend their water park and ride the roller coasters, I leave it in the car.

Good luck,
    Will

I know in my state if there is a sign that says no firearms, it is illegal to carry and you can be arrested for unlawful possesion of a firearm. The six flags in MA where i go does have metal detectors.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    If the MO state site says no to amusement parks, I'm guessing there is a state statute and legal enforcement. Would have to check to be sure.

Think that would be like the state saying no to college campuses if posted but you do it anyway and think you are only going to get asked to leave and not arrested.

(fyi - my analagy comes from CO where campuses are only off limits if posted)
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I think your best bet would be to call them up and talk to the head of security. Get his name and ask him alot of questions.

Gangs

Not to sound paranoid, but we just had a guy severely beaten at an amusement part here in Minnesota - follow up stories mention how gangs are starting to use this as "their" playground. If the wife of the guy who was jumped by 8 thugs for trying to stop his 12 year old daughter from being groped had been carrying he would not have the severe injuries he now has.

Just a thought, wonder if the thugs know this status and take advantage .... naaaa, that would make me sound paranoid.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I'd recommend you all and check. It's worth it and I personally would really want to carry going there and for the trip.

I just came back from six flags over GA in Atlanta 2 weeks back. Metal detectors and hand scanners were in full use including ALL bag searches. Kinda reminded me of the airport so I doubt you'll be able to get it in the park without question if the guards do their job well. And I'm not talking cheap detectors but the kind that lights up where the piece is hidden.

Missouri Law

The law in MO does indeed have a list of forbidden places, BUT the law imposes NO criminal penalties if you are carrying in those places, UNLESS you are asked to leave, and refuse, AND law enforcement is summoned and asks you to leave, AND you refuse. You are then cited for trespassing. If you get 3 citations in a 6 month period, you will lose your CCW endorsement for 6 mos.

We passed a great law here in Missouri! The relevant section says:

"Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions 1) to (17) of subsection 20 of
    this section by any individual who holds concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to this section
    shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the
    premises."

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rnfuller View Post

"Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions 1) to (17) of subsection 20 of
    this section by any individual who holds concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to this section
    shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the
    premises."

Randy
    Thats absolutely fantastic! Of course I'd always want to carry, but I'm a straight and narrow kinda guy and if the laws says no then no. Also forum rules prohibit discussing breaking the law, which is where I was afraid this thread was headed. That being cleared up, I'd carry in a heartbeat. Make super-duper sure that your weapon is secure, as it'd be really, really bad press for all of us if a gun got lost there, but other than that: have fun and be safe.
    BTW: I have no idea as to the original question of security checks there. I think asking the head of security will get you nowhere. Good Luck.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

premises."
    God bless the Missouri legislators who worded and passed this portion of the law!

I can legally defend myself and my family even in posted areas!

Right you are

The law in MO does indeed have a list of forbidden places, BUT the law imposes NO criminal penalties if you are carrying in those places, UNLESS you are asked to leave, and refuse, AND law enforcement is summoned and asks you to leave, AND you refuse. You are then cited for trespassing. If you get 3 citations in a 6 month period, you will lose your CCW endorsement for 6 mos.

premises."

Randy
    Listen to the man, he knows what he speaks. IF you get caught they can ask you to leave. If you don't and they call the cops, you get a fine......like a parking ticket. Don't carry on a bus here in MO though. That IS a FELONY!! Sorry, it was a loophole that we let through. And yes the MetroLink in STL is considered a Bus system.

Plus if you do unload on a BG while carrying in a posted facility, and it is a legal shooting, they can't cite you for carrying on a posted site.

It has been a while since I have been to Six Flags STL, but I don't think they have metal detectors. They do search bags. I do know that if you catch a concert at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater while you're in STL they pat you down. Kinda makes you feel a little violated.

PS : A big hey to Randy there in Advance, MO from your neighbor Chad up in Jackson.
    Last edited by concealed1911; July 23rd, 2008 at 01:43 AM. Reason: left something out
    Chad

Violent crime happens every 22 seconds while police are only minutes away.

The law says you can't carry in an amusement park... regardless of the fact that there is no punishment for the offense, it's still the law, and I will respect it.

Imagine, if a few valid CCW'ers ignore the law and get caught. Nothing is going to happen to them personally, but you're giving some anti ammunition to use against us. 'Look... they're ignoring the law, endangering our kids, and there's no punishment!'...

If you're going to ignore the law, please, don't get caught, and for goodness sakes, don't talk about it!

AFAIC, they don't want my money, and I'm happy to oblige.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Chris thanks for adding your response. We need to emphasize not breaking the law just because there is no or little penality. Gives all CCW a bad name and the anti's more ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links