ATTN: Florida Concealed Permit holders...

This is a discussion on ATTN: Florida Concealed Permit holders... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; NRA-ILA :: Legislation Monday, July 21, 2008 Date: July 21, 2008 TO: Florida Gun Owners FROM: Marion P. Hammer USF Executive Director NRA Past President ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: Florida Concealed Permit holders...

Thumbs down ATTN: Florida Concealed Permit holders...

NRA-ILA :: Legislation

Monday, July 21, 2008

Date: July 21, 2008
    TO: Florida Gun Owners
    USF Executive Director
    NRA Past President

CORPORATE GIANTS ARE GRINDING YOUR GUN RIGHTS
    INTO THE DIRT OF THEIR PARKING LOTS.

Dear Florida Gun Owner:

If you have, or plan to have, a Florida license to carry a concealed firearm, or if you ever carry a firearm in your private vehicle for self-defense or other lawful purposes, those rights are in grave danger.

Corporate giants in Florida have threatened to destroy your right to have a firearm in your personal vehicle when you park your private car or truck in a publicly accessible parking lot.

We are currently locked in a costly legal battle in federal court against the Chamber of Commerce and the Brady Campaign. They seek to overthrow the new law, HB-503, passed in April and signed by Governor Crist that protects your right to carry firearms in your private vehicle. This reckless action, brought by the Chamber of Commerce and other gun ban groups, is being funded by well-heeled anti-gun corporate giants.

In April 2008, with NRA's support, the Legislature stood up for your rights and passed legislation allowing you to keep a firearm locked in your private vehicle in publicly accessible parking lots. Governor Charlie Crist stood up for your rights and signed the legislation into law to protect us from corporate giants.

While many business owners, including Sea World and Busch Gardens, respect our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, the Florida Chamber of Commerce and the Florida Retail Federation are not speaking for them. The Florida Chamber and Retail Federation are speaking for The Walt Disney Corporation, Publix Supermarkets, Georgia Pacific and other corporate giants that are funding the assault on our constitutional rights.

In this legal challenge to defend our rights, NRA depends solely on your support. And we can't do it alone and won't succeed in protecting our rights unless you act today.

WHAT IS AT STAKE?

Your right to carry is meaningless if you cannot drive into a parking lot owned by a supermarket, theme park, or retail store or any other business that has a bias against firearms ownership and self-defense...and doesn't care about your safety when you are on your way to or from work or in the course of daily business.

This promises to be a long and expensive court battle. But the National Rifle Association is standing right along side the Attorney General of Florida to protect our rights no matter what it takes.

Please join us in this fight to save constitutional rights from big business -- using their mega-million-dollar budgets -- to crush freedom in Florida. Working together, we can fight back and win.

PLEASE send a contribution TODAY. No matter where you live, no matter what city, what county -- this is a fight that affects all of us. Right-to-carry laws are meaningless if corporate bullies are allowed to eliminate them in Florida by decree.

Send a contribution today. Click Here

Or use this link:

https://secure.nraila.org/Contribute...key=1830G10010

I'm counting on you to make a special contribution in the amount of $25, $50, $75 or any other amount you can afford to preserve our rights.

Thank you for your help and support.

Marion P. Hammer
    NRA Past President
    The National Rifle Association of America
    11250 Waples Mill Road
    Fairfax, VA 22030
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

2. Remove Ads

Sent some bucks this morning via the NRA...

Stay armed...crushing this movement is important...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Made my contribution via the link above, it was fast & easy. Hope more members will do the same. Especially those in FL. We need to keep this law on the books !!!

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I really dont think this law is gonna go away. Too many people support it and it passed the first time.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

donation sent.

Made my donation today. Now is not the time to start going backwards. I never thought we would have to do a business boycott list here in Florida but it seems we may have to.
    NRA Member

Disney and Publix can kiss my butt! I don't have kids, and I don't care for Publix anyway.

BUT Georgia Pacific??? It's kind of hard to buy any lumber in the South without buying from GP.

Good luck FL!! I will support too!
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Sent mine as well. As for Publix, I didn't kow they had a policy against it. Anybody have more info on that?

Done. Guess I find someplace else to shop for groceries.
    "Evil prospers when good men and women do nothing" - British citizen

Quote Originally Posted by artemis28 View Post
    Sent mine as well. As for Publix, I didn't kow they had a policy against it. Anybody have more info on that?
    This is the best "example" I've found so far of Publix being anti-gun:

From gunguys.com - Gun Guys » NRA Wants to Trample Property Rights in Florida

"Many businesses -- such as Publix Super Markets -- now wisely ban weapons on company property, including parking lots, for safety reasons. That's a responsible practice to promote secure working environments and protect staff and the public.

When guns aren't easily accessible to the workplace, it's less likely disagreements will escalate into violent encounters."
    "Evil prospers when good men and women do nothing" - British citizen

Quote Originally Posted by b52ace View Post
    This is the best "example" I've found so far of Publix being anti-gun:

From gunguys.com - Gun Guys » NRA Wants to Trample Property Rights in Florida

"Many businesses -- such as Publix Super Markets -- now wisely ban weapons on company property, including parking lots, for safety reasons. That's a responsible practice to promote secure working environments and protect staff and the public.

When guns aren't easily accessible to the workplace, it's less likely disagreements will escalate into violent encounters."
    Thanks. Guess I'll be looking for a new grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis28 View Post
    Also didn't know they had an anti-gun policy in parking lots.
    Have never seen a "no gun" sign on the door.
    I'll just have to continue being careful when I reach for the top shelf.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

as far as i am concerned...the lack of a "no gun sign" means its open season to me. I'm carrying.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

probably not the right audience....because i do support the nra, but...

the sky is falling, the sky is falling...send money, send money.

Good lord.

donation sent,,,even though im in PA

what nerve of these corp giants,,law passes,gov signs bill into law,,but the corp greeds dont agree with it ? so what ,,theres many laws in our great land that i dont agree with either,,but i have too live with them until they can change IN A DEMCRATIC WAY,,,,
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links