Wierd encounter at a convenience store

This is a discussion on Wierd encounter at a convenience store within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This was wierd, not sure what category to put it in... i had just left church after band practice, and i was thirsty, so i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wierd encounter at a convenience store

Wierd encounter at a convenience store

This was wierd, not sure what category to put it in...

i had just left church after band practice, and i was thirsty, so i stopped at my favorite Rebel gas station watering hole for a soda. i was carrying concealed (semi), but i just had my shirt over it, it was noticeable, but i didn't care because they know me in the store. At the time, there was one woman working in the store behind the counter - no one else. I was waiting on line and there were some unruley, thug looking/acting people who wanted to go on the slot machines. they were kinda causing a commotion on the side and her attention was was split watching them and dealing with the paying customers.

When it was my turn to pay, she noticed the bulge on my side, looked at me and smiled. i was watching the hooligans as well the whole time. She smiled, made a motion and said "see you tomorrow", i was like...huh? probably not, maybe sunday...

it was kinda like she wanted me to stay "incase"...but i had to leave. i am not a security guard. i did feel kinda bad, but i am sure it was all ok.

when i go in there and it's slow, i have cheesey conversations with her and the other women behind the counter.

anyway...this is my story, i am sticking to it.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

2. Remove Ads

It was a good choice to leave. The safety of the gas station does not lie in your hands. Sounds to me like they need to hire a security guard!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

I think you may need to work on concealment a little better. Other than that sounds like everything worked out okay. Maybe it would have been better if the other low lifes would have seen your buldge, that didn't sound right!!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I think you may need to work on concealment a little better. Other than that sounds like everything worked out okay. Maybe it would have been better if the other low lifes would have seen your buldge, that didn't sound right!!!

NCH
    like i said, i wasn't worried about ultra concealing in this place...perhaps they did see the bulge, who knows, but they were on my right side and carry on my left.

i've become so much more aware of my surroundings since i've been carrying.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Yup.

Don't feel bad about leaving, you have no responsibility to protect anyone but yourself. The owners and/or employees of the gas station need to provide for their own security, just as you have done.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I find that a lot of convenience stores seem to be magnets for scumbags, especially late at night. I avoid these places as much as possible. You were wise to exit when you did. Your CCW doesn't make you a security guard for the local "stop n rob".

Good choice to leave but these ladies who you conversate with...pics...?

Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    Good choice to leave but these ladies who you conversate with...pics...?
    old ladies... man...i only cheese old ladies. my wife would kill me if they were anything but
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    It was a good choice to leave. The safety of the gas station does not lie in your hands [...]

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    She smiled, made a motion and said "see you tomorrow", i was like...huh? probably not, maybe sunday...
    Dude, maybe your "cues" are different than mine, but that would be "Call 911 NOW, please!" The implication I get from her comment (and I could, of course, be wrong) is that she was as worried about being abducted as being robbed. Most cops I know don't care about doing a wellness-check at the local stop-n-rob & getting an Icee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Dude, maybe your "cues" are different than mine, but that would be "Call 911 NOW, please!" The implication I get from her comment (and I could, of course, be wrong) is that she was as worried about being abducted as being robbed. Most cops I know don't care about doing a wellness-check at the local stop-n-rob & getting an Icee.
    interesting way of seeing it. but most convenience stores have those panic buttons all over.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post

I understood that the total opposite way. I think something like "hang around for a while" would have signaled something.

"Noticed the bulge on my side " Not good, BG's will notice too, And you lose your Tac. advantage!

I see, no need for pics then.. :)

i can get some for you and tell the ladies that some guy in minnesota is interested in what they look like.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links