Great LEO Encounter Tonight

This is a discussion on Great LEO Encounter Tonight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was speeding down I-540 on my way to Capital Blvd in Raleigh, NC which I know I wasn't suppose to be doing. To make ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great LEO Encounter Tonight

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar

Great LEO Encounter Tonight

I was speeding down I-540 on my way to Capital Blvd in Raleigh, NC which I know I wasn't suppose to be doing. To make the long story short the LEO came up to my window and asked for the normal stuff, and I told him I am a concealed carrier. The only thing he said about was "OK" then he proceeded back to his car to do a background check I guess. When he came back he had a nice piece of paper for me stating that I have to go to court Aug 14 for doing 86 in a 65. As far as carrying goes the experience was great, too bad I have to go to court and pay whatever fine they have in store for me.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

2. Remove Ads

86 in a 65?!

There go's some ammo $!

Good to hear he was nice to you. In some states you would have gone to jail!

Ouch! Time for you to slow down and. 86 in a 65 is going to be serious $$$.

I live in NC and yes, they will get you for speeding! Fortunately the only thing going to be hurt is your wallet! I'm an EMT, please don't be my next patient. Shoot (and drive) safe!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

VIP Member
    Don't know about NC, but here in VA 21 over gets you a reckless driving conviction!! So you'd be looking at a big fine, as well as increase in insurance rates.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Not sure I would call that a "Great" expierence!!!! A great expierence is when they hand your license and registration back and say "have a nice night, by the way, what are you carrying" and you talk guns on the side of the road for 15 min!!! I wish you luck in court, it ain't going to be pretty!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Check NC traffic laws ASAP. IIR anything 15+ over at 55+ could result in a license suspension. You may be needing to find an attorney to work a deal to keep you on the road (at least for to & from work ...)

Nick

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Not sure I would call that a "Great" expierence!!!! A great expierence is when they hand your license and registration back and say "have a nice night, by the way, what are you carrying" and you talk guns on the side of the road for 15 min!!! I wish you luck in court, it ain't going to be pretty!!

NCH
    No, I would say he had a perfectly fine experience. He was breaking the law, he admits it, the officer was not the least bit bothered that he had a weapon, and business was conducted as it should be.

Having a concealed carry license does not make you exempt from traffic laws.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

The last time I've had a speeding ticket was in 2003 and that wasn't too bad. I talked to my friend and he had to go to court for a similiar incident and all he had to pay was a fine and a rise in insurance rate for awhile. Hopefully I'll get the same since I have aclean driving record.

If you get a ticket, you get a ticket...no matter of concern, but I do like the professional encounter regarding the CCW.

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Stay armed...stay safe...DRIVE SLOWER...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Stay armed...stay safe...DRIVE SLOWER...
    Too bad I had to learn my lesson the hard way

Quote Originally Posted by nikdfish View Post
    Check NC traffic laws ASAP. IIR anything 15+ over at 55+ could result in a license suspension. You may be needing to find an attorney to work a deal to keep you on the road (at least for to & from work ...)

Nick
    Looks like nikdfish is correct:

NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: Suspensions & Revocations

Suspensions & Revocations

In addition to criminal penalties that the court might mandate, conviction of certain traffic offenses will result in the loss of your driving privilege.

Your driving privilege will be revoked for at least 30 days if you are convicted of:

* driving any vehicle more than 15 mph over the speed limit, if you are driving at a speed higher than 55 mph.

Your driving privilege will be taken for 60 days if you are convicted of:

* a second charge of speeding over 55 mph and more than 15 mph above the speed limit within one year; or
    * speeding plus reckless driving on the same occasion.

The DMV can also suspend your license for the following:

* Two convictions of speeding over 55 mph within a 12 month period;
    * One conviction of speeding over 55 mph and one conviction of reckless driving within a 12 month period;
    * A conviction of willful racing with another motor vehicle, whether it is pre-arranged or spontaneous.
    * A suspended court sentence or part of a sentence mandating that you must not operate a motor vehicle for a specified period of time; and/or
    * A conviction for speeding over 75 mph.

In cases like the above, the DMV may suspend your driving privilege as soon as it receives the conviction report from the court. If your driving privilege is revoked, you may have the right to a hearing in the judicial district where you reside. To request a hearing, call or write to the DMV in Raleigh. You will be notified by mail of the time and place for the hearing. At the hearing you may state any facts that you think should entitle you to driving privileges or to a reduction of the suspension period.

If you believe your driving privilege should not have been taken and the hearing gives you no help, you may appeal the DMV's decision within thirty (30) days to the Superior Court of the county where you live. The court will review your case to see if there were proper grounds for taking your driving privilege.
    Offense Suspension Time
    Driving while under the influence of an impairing substance (first offense) 1 year
    Driving while under the influence of an impairing substance (second offense) 4 years
    Driving while under the influence of an impairing substance (third offense) Permanent
    Manslaughter 1 year
    Death by vehicle 1 year
    Manslaughter while under the influence of an impairing substance
    or assault with a motor vehicle Permanent
    Speeding in excess of 55 mph and at least 15 mph over the legal limit while attempting to avoid arrest 1 year
    Prearranged racing with another motor vehicle on the highway *3 years
    Watching, betting on or loaning a car for prearranged racing *3 years
    Willful refusal to submit to a blood or breath test 1 year
    Two charges of reckless driving committed within 12 months 1 year
    Getting a license or learner permit under false pretense 1 year

*Note:When an officer finds that someone has loaned or is operating a motor vehicle willfully in prearranged racing, he/she will seize the vehicle. If the person is convicted, the court may order the vehicle sold at public auction.
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton

Natureboypkr; please check back in with us, and let us know how ya'll made out with the judge. We're all on pins and needles, waiting. And---Good Luck!!

why the fascination with cops and chls?

the really intersting thing is when leos dont know the lawand hassle us.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links