The frustration of being unarmed

This is a discussion on The frustration of being unarmed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; <rant> My sidearm has become as much a part of me as my watch and wedding band are. i cannot leave home w/o either one. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

<rant>

My sidearm has become as much a part of me as my watch and wedding band are. i cannot leave home w/o either one. If i don't have my watch or my ring, i feel naked. i'm feelin' that way too with my sidearm. when i have to disarm each day as i walk onto the property of the place i contract for, it's frustrating.

with all the stories of people being killed in "gun free zones" by crazed lunatics, is annoying/sickening to know i can be one of those because i am unable to carry/protect myself by law. IMHO, some laws passed are basically death wishes upon citizens because we all know criminals don't follow laws.

I battle with the idea of disarming and putting myself/my wife at risk and being a typical versus the one time i need to be armed and i am but having consequences be different then injury or death.

I'm sure i am not alone on this one.

</rant>
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Preach it brotha!

I also feel unsafe now when I have to disarm, I tend to miss the tug on my 3 o'clock. What gets me is when they (you know who) create these gun free zones, and crime GOES UP, that they would figure it out! I am not the smartest banana in the bunch, but come on you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know cause and effect.

If I hit you, that area turns red. If I push a ball, it rolls. If I bad guns, innocent people get hurt.

Basic stuff!

I need a beer now!
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; August 2nd, 2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

the gun free zone is just a feel good thing for liberals and anti's and serves as a govt. mandated spot for lunatics to slaughter people.

The govt. has really just given a criminal a spot where he/she can kill w/o discrimination or fear of retaliation.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    When I return to school at the end of August, I'll miss those three pounds on my belt during the day time. It'll be quite awkward.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    When I return to school at the end of August, I'll miss those three pounds on my belt during the day time. It'll be quite awkward.
    and you're in one of the biggest gun free zones of all - colleges.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I've seen it posted here and elsewhere, you're never unarmed, only disarmed.

Your most potent weapon is your brain. Your ammunition is awareness.

Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty (and safety). You can relax in your reinforced castle.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

This is true, but as Hans Solo so eloquently put it "give me a good blaster any day."
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    This is true, but as Hans Solo so eloquently put it "give me a good blaster any day."

Ohhhhhhhhhh... that's a good one

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    the gun free zone is just a feel good thing for liberals and anti's and serves as a govt. mandated spot for lunatics to slaughter people.
    The gun free zone is a misconception that the probability of an accidental or neglegent discharge is higher than the probability of an armed bystander twarting an attack or of an attack occuring at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    The gun free zone is a misconception that the probability of an accidental or neglegent discharge is higher than the probability of an armed bystander twarting an attack or of an attack occuring at all.
    Now my brain hurts.

-Paco

Rant proudly, your voice is our voice!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Had to go to Maine to visit the Outlaws, without my weapon, what a bummer! Longest 4 days, I'd rather walk around without pants on. Clung to my knife, sat in the house, thought often of my M&P40c, quite sad if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post

The govt. has really just given a criminal a spot where he/she can kill w/o discrimination or fear of retaliation.
    My sentiments exactly
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

I hate it, I dont go really anywhere that I can't carry.. Once in a while I do, the other day I had to go to the fire station to give a bid on some electrical work.... granted its a pretty safe place with the police being there to but it still felt weird..

I'm relatively new to carrying, but I can understand the sentiment. I was surprised to find how frustrated it made me that I'd have to disarm for my upcoming trip to Georgia. Guess that means I'm successfully integrating carrying into my life.

in peace
    faithmyeyes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links