Don't get too comfortable carrying

This is a discussion on Don't get too comfortable carrying within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'm on my way home from work which is a thirty mile drive, and I get a call from a Company where I have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't get too comfortable carrying

Don't get too comfortable carrying

So I'm on my way home from work which is a thirty mile drive, and I get a call from a Company where I have had an app in for a couple of months which is doing the same thing but it's about a half mile from home. oh boy oh boy.

They want me to come in for an interview asap.
    No prob says me.
    I just wheel into their drive, walk in, shake hands, and set down for the interview and it occurs to me that my full size Springfield TRP is still in it's holster under my shirt.
    I don't recall much of the interview from that point on as I was feeling as though he was looking right at it.
    Guess I'll find out if I get called back... Just remember folks when interviewing - lock the gun in the car or leave it at home.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by draco1 View Post
    ...Just remember folks when interviewing lock the gun in the car or leave it at home.
    Why? I was armed at my last interview and I didn't skip a beat, aced the interview as well.

It's not like they're going to pat you down. I can see it being a valid concern it you think they might have metal detectors, other than that I don't see what the big deal is.

As I had no idea what their policy might have been

JD
    Administrator
    As I had no idea what their policy might have been
    Ahhh, gotcha'

VIP Member
    ???, was it not properly concealed (for wind blowing shirt up, not big enough to keep from printing, etc?)

was it illegal to carry in this particular place?

I guess I don't understand why you posted to leave it in the car for the interview....I wore mine for my last job's interview and was quite confortable

ahh policy......I would look at it like this:

If its not illegal, then I'm good, If I'm not an employee then it has no effect on me.....yet
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Lead Moderator
    I wore mine to my last interview too. If no one knows , why worry?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Concealed is concealed. If you're concealing properly, there's no way it's an issue. If there policy is not displayed or apparent, you're under no onus to follow it, since you're not yet an employee. Just keep your cool and don't act self-conscious. They'll think you're sweating the drug test . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I don't recall much of the interview from that point on as I was feeling as though he was looking right at it.
    I understand the feeling, but if you start acting goofy because you are nervous about your concealed weapon, you won't conceal it very well.

There is no reason to be nervous about your legal concealed weapon, even in an interview, unless it's for some sort of underwear commercial.

As long as you didn't pull a Kevin Nealon in SNL's "subliminal man" skits and keep going... "I carry a gun," during the interview, I see no problem!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Concealed means concealed...I don't care what their carry policy is because I know what mine is.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I have been interviewing quite a bit lately and I carried to all of them except one. It was a power company and I wasn't sure if it was a federal facility or not. Figured it was better left in the car.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Unless it is illegal, I wouldn't think a second time about it.
    Concealed is concealed.

Stay armed...enjoy the interview...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carried in to my last interview and got the Job.
    John Steinbeck: Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

It wouldn't matter to you what their "Policy" is. Your not an employee yet... your not subject to it.

I think the title of your post might be a bit miss leading. "Don't get too comfortable carrying" when it should be "Get more comfortable carrying" as your reaction and actions was one of "uncomfortable" not "too comfortable".

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    It wouldn't matter to you what their "Policy" is. Your not an employee yet... your not subject to it.

I think the title of your post might be a bit miss leading. "Don't get too comfortable carrying" when it should be "Get more comfortable carrying" as your reaction and actions was one of "uncomfortable" not "too comfortable".
    That's what I was thinking. Being able to function well in adverse circumstances is an asset.

But really, the situation was not being aware of what was on one's person, and there's all kinds of ways that could be a major problem. So yeah, fix that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links