Worth considering or paranoid?

This is a discussion on Worth considering or paranoid? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was preparing to respond in another thread... http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=5503 ...when this really paranoid thought occurred. If I were to describe in a forum how I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worth considering or paranoid?

I was preparing to respond in another thread...
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=5503
    ...when this really paranoid thought occurred.

If I were to describe in a forum how I thought I might react in a given life-threatening situation, and at some point in the future I found myself in that same situation and I actually reacted as I surmised I might...how likely is it that my post would join me in the court case that was determining if I had justifiably or not killed someone?

Is that too off the wall to consider?
    Anybody else had the thought?
    I wouldn't put anything beyond an ambitious prosecutor or civil lawyer.

(edit for typo)
    Last edited by Chad; November 25th, 2005 at 10:40 PM.

Its a good point and i dont have the answers thats for sure but i have thought about ti from time to time

Rember its not paranoia when they are out to get you

Administrator
    Interesting thread question. I'll be curious as to what others hafta say.
    This has already popped up as a "Semi~Topic" once or twice but, we have lots of new members now & so may get some fresh feedback.
    Not very likely at all would be my opinion.

To err on the side of caution...I sure would watch the "Rack The Slide ~ Shoot Em All & Let God Sort Em Out" stuff...which is not (AT ALL) what this forum is about anyway.

I read your post on the page that you included in your thread post.
    That post showed your normal concern for family & their protection....your normal concern that a physical (back problem) could prevent you from being able to defend yourself adequately in a "knock down drag out" fight. Your normal concern about not ever wanting to take a human life. Your normal desire to only use a firearm if absolutely necessary.

Were I you...I would actually print that post & take it into court as part of your defense.

You have perfectly normal concerns about responsibly carrying a potentially deadly defensive firearm for your personal protection. How could that ever come back to hurt you?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    You have perfectly normal concerns about responsibly carrying a potentially deadly defensive firearm for your personal protection. How could that ever come back to hurt you?
    Actually it was the post I haven't posted yet that that brought about the whole line of thought.
    I'm not one to bow to paranoia, I just got distracted and haven't posted yet...I will shortly.

To err on the side of caution...a wise attitude I try to remember whenever possible.

Administrator

Thumbs up Great

I'll look forward to reading it.
    You sure can post it as a hypothetical scenario or situation or a "Work Of Fiction" ~ if you would rather do that as an option.

Assistant Administrator
    I think if a balanced and honest post is made - based on conviction (no, not that sort!) - then it should be equally possible to reiterate such in a court of law.

That is assuming, as QK hinted at - that we are not talkin' about ''cappin' his a**" LOL!

Our approach here is tho very much I feel geared to how we might best initially avoid a lethal force confrontation and if so obliged - how we might best survive that. None of this IMO is ''damning'' in itself. Just honest to goodness soul searching - something we all have to do quite a lot, to better undertake our great responsibility engendered by the choice to carry.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

Thumbs up Way To Go Chris

I could (for sure) not have worded it better than in your reply.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Our approach here is tho very much I feel geared to how we might best initially avoid a lethal force confrontation and if so obliged - how we might best survive that.
    Thank you sir...
    That describes it in a nutshell...both my concern, because we also have to survive the legal system, and my intent...

Very likely----You never want to say anything here, that you would not want in print in your local newspaper.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Quote Originally Posted by KC135
    Very likely----You never want to say anything here, that you would not want in print in your local newspaper.
    Actually, I wish a lot of what is said here would show up in my local paper.
    But that's a subject for another day.

Seriously though, I agree that it's a likely idea.

Either the circumstances justified the act or they didn't.

For the record, I have a 'non-malicious pointing of a firearm' misdemeanor conviction resulting from a damned if you do, damned if you don't choice. I'll do it again in a heartbeat.

I have *zero* regrets about my choice.

If you're threatened, do what it takes to extricate yourself from that threat.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    If you're threatened, do what it takes to extricate yourself from that threat.
    Yup...that's the bottom line, for certain.

I hope that somewhere down the line the discussions, scenarios and intellectual exercises sink in to at least near the level of instinct.
    They are good tools for threat avoidance and recognition...hopefully the thoughts they produce might influence a split-second decision as well.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Cool

If you never mention being a member of any forums or your screen name it shouldn't be an issue.

Hey, half the time I'm joking about what I'd do so that'd have a good chance of being - how would you say it - admissible in court anyways.

There, I have it on this post about how I joke around - that'd have to be brought up too.
    For God, Family and Country!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop
    There, I have it on this post about how I joke around - that'd have to be brought up too.
    Sounds like something a good lawyer could make work...

Quote Originally Posted by Chad
    how likely is it that my post would join me in the court case that was determining if I had justifiably or not killed someone?
    First of all, I wanted to say Hi. What a great forum and a wealth of information.

To answer your question. I'm on another forum for Ford truck enthusiasts. In the last year, because of issues with some of these trucks and members posts of the particular problems - This resulted in a lawsuit against the members and the auto maker. Ford dealerships refused to fix the vehicles of these owners.

Shortly after this incident, the forum moderator posted a 'sticky' saying that all posts and public profile information was subject to third party review.

Just make sure whatever you write is now public information. I use this same philosophy when using my cell phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links