This is no Scenario..

This is no Scenario..

This is a discussion on This is no Scenario.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just heard on the news that today, about an hour ago it was a shoot out inside a local mall. Apparently, some thug approached ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is no Scenario..

I just heard on the news that today, about an hour ago it was a shoot out inside a local mall. Apparently, some thug approached a mans fiance and was very rude. The man asked him to leave but instead this idiot starts shooting. Man, I tell you this world is going to hell in a hand basket. It kinda makes you just want to stay home you know, because if its a justified shoot by a CCW carrier you still are going to have problems. Any thoughts. I can't believe it and this mall is decent.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

This is why we are armed. Where did this happen?

Charlotte, NC at the Eastland Mall. I often had mom drop me off here in the 80's and frequented it in the early 90's being I was still in Highschool. It is really sad to see stuff like this happend.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Assistant Administrator
    I tell you this world is going to hell in a hand basket.
    That Blue is sadly even an understatement.

Bottom line seems - you do not know what you are going to meet - anywhere - however much an ''anywhere'' seems like a nice place!!

As I try and follow - ''expect the unexpected''.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Do what I do... order most of your presents on line.

It saves time, money spent on gas, not to mention your sanity.

People just lose their minds around Christmas.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Quote Originally Posted by Otis
    This is why we are armed.
    Exactly. And the Anti's want us to put up with this stuff unarmed.
    Montana Big Sky Country

Thats why it pays to carry all the time if you can . merlin45kout

I order quite a few presents on line too but you can't hide in your house all your life. The BG's will just break down the door and come after you there. Be vigilant about what is going on around you. Know that a minor confrontation could turn ugly so try to avoid them if possible. Carry 24/7. Other than that, get on with your life.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Yeah, I'll bet that at least 70% of all my annaual gift purchases are done online. But Sometimes, especially around Christmas I really LIKE some of the malls. Atmosphere is nice. Neato decorations, music...etc helps put you in the Christmas mood, so to speak. But these times, I can concentrate on the area all around me. So I'm not shopping. The wife might be, but I'm covering the both of us! I simply guide her by the elbow when it gets really crowded. She's looking in store front displays anyway, so it let's me look for valid areas of "cover" constantly. She's really good about letting me handle security and never questions my feelings or decisions.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

One would hope there is "something more to the story" that just didn't make it out to public consumtion but maybe not. the guy coulda just been a "loose cannon"...maybe unstable to begin with.
    Was the guy and his fiance injured?..armed?

what a mess!
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Blue,

Sad but realistic reminder for the holidays...be safe.
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Just found the story at www.wcnc.com:

Shots fired inside Eastland Mall

Officers said a punch was thrown and then the shooter fired twice.

Police said the shooter hit his victim two times, but the wounded man walked away without life threatening injuries.

6NEWS

6NEWS' cameras caught police capturing a man after a foot chase. Officers said that man was arrested for resisting arrest and trespassing.

Police said the shooting isn't gang related. They still arenít sure who actually pulled the trigger. 6NEWS' cameras caught police capturing a man after a foot chase. Officers said that man was arrested, at least for resisting arrest and trespassing as he was already banned from Eastland Mall.

Witnesses we spoke to said the mall needs to have more security than it currently has, but police counter that violence like this cannot be anticipated.

The big problem now according to police, is that the victim is not being cooperative. As for the security situation, police said they were actually very happy with the security provided by the on duty guards and the off-duty officers the mall had employed.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Bob McDuffee, co-host DogWatch Social Club Podcast
    Thoughtful Conversation, Considered Opinion and a Touch of Insanity
    "He who goes about unarmed in paradise, had better be sure that is where he is!" James Thurber

It will be interesting once the accused's background information comes out - I'll bet you'll see some evidence of prior violent-criminal history, and I'll be EXTREMELY surprised if this guy went as licensed to carry in North Carolina. Bottom line I'm bettin' is that this will be another situation that supports the need of each person to provide for his own defense in a responsible and legal manner.

Best,
    Jon
    "You may not know it, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dyin'."

Charles Travis Postlewaite, 1882

Yesterday at a nearby Wally World there were two obviously drunk males giving the clerk at the McDonalds a rough time and using language that was hardly appropriate for a family atmopshere. An elderly man asked them to quiet down and one of them pushed past past him and toppled him to the floor. A bystander grapped the drunk and KO'd him on the spot. A two hit fight the guy hitting the drunk and the drunk hitting the floor. All witnesses were on the side of the good guy so the BG got a shiner and gets to explain his actions to the judge for public intoxication.

Need more citizens who are not afraid to get involved.

Administrator

Ditto:

Good Comments
    "Man, I tell you this world is going to hell in a hand basket."

Sure Is BlueLion...going to Hell in a hurry.

Malls have so many people all in one place. A few are bound to be bonkers in any large mall at any given time.
    Who knows WHAT will "set them off"

And doggone....I really love the X~mas Spirit when some lady "Whoops!" drops her baby on the floor & a whole crowd of people are willing to tromp on a little babys head in order to dive for boxed discounted laptop computers that are being tossed into the crowd. Some people are such total idiots.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links