Wife Gets LCP For Birthday

This is a discussion on Wife Gets LCP For Birthday within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was so happy with my wife's reaction when she opened her birthday present this morning...she said "Wow!" about five times as she admired her ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was so happy with my wife's reaction when she opened her birthday present this morning...she said "Wow!" about five times as she admired her new Ruger LCP.

She's carried an S&W 642 for several years, but after shooting a friend's Kel-Tek .380 she decided she liked it. Months ago we spoke briefly about it and decided to hold off on a purchase until the LCP was readily available. So, today's gift was a big surprise.

Normally it's jewelry for a gift, so I was a bit nervous, wondering if there might be just a hint of disappointment--the big smile and exclamation of joy let me know that it was a big hit.

It's great to have a mate that holds the same values as mine regarding personal responsibility for self-defense. We have a "code phrase" we always use to communicate to one another so we know for sure the other is carrying. And, without saying a word, we know how to select seating and advise the hostess at a restaurant what we prefer in terms of location.

I'm loving celebrating this birthday!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Actually, Happy LCP Birthday!
    Nice gift...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Very cool. My wife is not to the gun for a b-day place yet but I hope she is someday!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrats on giving the LCP a new home and happy birthday to your wife.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Congrats & Happy B-Day
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Excellent, nothing better than the gift of protection. Good for you!! Oh and Happy BDay to the lucky lady!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

VIP Member
    not THAT is true love!

I hope she enjoys the new weapon.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Excellent, nothing better than the gift of protection.
    Man, if I had given my wife the gift of protection, we wouldn't have any kids.

I really would like to get my wife a nice little .380, but the firearm transfer laws in Cali are so onerous I can't figure out a way to surprise her.

Thats good, I think she will definatly enjoy it. I think you just need to break it in with around a 100 rounds. Mine seemed a handful at first but seemed to be easy to shoot after the first 100.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Way to go! And yes, it's nice to be able to give guns as gifts for Christmas and b/day's!

It's like that in my house too!

I'm glad the LCP was a big hit!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I wanted to try the Ruger LCP but the range I go to does not have it to rent & try out. I have only shot 9mm pistols (Beretta Px4, Glock 26) and I'm looking for something to completely conceal when I go out exercising (on my bicycle) and also something to have in my pocket when I wear jeans. Would you say the LCP would start to hurt your hand if you went through 50 rounds at the range? Do you know why a range would not have it as a rental?
    Glock 26, Ruger LCR, Glock 19
    Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema. "I don't care. If it doesn't rhyme, it isn't a poem."

Quote Originally Posted by bameroni View Post
    I wanted to try the Ruger LCP but the range I go to does not have it to rent & try out. I have only shot 9mm pistols (Beretta Px4, Glock 26) and I'm looking for something to completely conceal when I go out exercising (on my bicycle) and also something to have in my pocket when I wear jeans. Would you say the LCP would start to hurt your hand if you went through 50 rounds at the range? Do you know why a range would not have it as a rental?
    Truthfully the first fifty rounds did make my hand a little sore, but after awhile though I think once it breaks in it never seemed to bother me again at all. And the LCP is a great carry pistol for on your bicycle, I bought mine primarly for that reason. A small pistol to put in the pouch on my bike. And the reason your range probably does not have one is the LCP is in such high demand that most gun stores are backed up months on ordering them. I bought mine in March when it was brand new. They told me at the gun store I was the fourth person to order it from them and it took a month to get, now I read a post at that gun store that says the wait is 2-3 months. Ruger is having huge success with it!
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Last LCP my local shop had lasted 2 hours. They're on order!

Bob

Happy B-Day!!!

Congrats!!!!

That's cool! Years ago I bought a .25 cal for trhe wife as a gift but that did not go over very well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links