Defensive Carry banner

New to firearms in general, have some C&C questions from a newbie, need good advice!

6K views 53 replies 45 participants last post by  Luke Notaras 
#1 ·
New to firearms in general, have some C&C questions from a newbie, need good advice!

Here's a quick history on my experience with firearms thus far. 34 years old, hadn't even held a firearm (pistol or otherwise) since shooting a .22 at least a decade ago...previous to that, shot a .22 rifle a few times as a kid. In my youth (under 30 years) I knew I wasn't responsible enough for a firearm, thus I never got one or even had an interest. Completely brainwashed by parents into the "guns are bad" opinion; wouldn't even let me have a squirt gun as a kid (that's just wrong).

Fast forward to today and a few months ago I went shooting with a friend. Shot a 1911, XD, .38 Special J Frame, M4, 308 Rifle (or 306?), Mossberg & Remington shotguns in addition to a 9MM that I can't remember which it was (brand/model unknown).

...I'm hooked. Plus I have a family now and I think it's important to be armed/protected etc (firm beleiver in 2nd amendment).

I picked up a Glock G22 .40 Cal a few months ago, I've put about 700+ rounds through it, just took the NRA basic pistol class and now feel fairly comfortable at the range with it.

I'm going to get a conceal and carry (CHL) here in Oregon not to carry regularly, but more just to have it. If I'm going to a questionable area at a bad time of day etc, I'd take it with me, otherwise wouldn't be taking it daily (at least not yet, for sure).

My concern is in regards to safety and being "cocked and locked" while carrying. Why? Even chambering a round in my home gives me the creeps...That's why.

You know how it's said that some people who are really afraid of heights are sometimes drawn to the edge of a building or cliff if they are standing near one, lose their balance and their body almost wants to go over? Having a round chambered gives me that same feeling. I feel like I would go to remove the magazine and remove the chambered round and instead, without thinking about it or knowing I'm doing it would just pull the trigger for some reason...It's hard to explain...Hopefully that makes sense?

I'm sure over the years in front of me I'll get more use to things and these issues would subside, but for the time being with this information in mind, I'm wondering what would be the best pistol and best condition for me to carry in on the rare occassions that I would?

The idea of a glock with a round in the chamber just freaks me out, one slip on that trigger and that's it. The idea of a cocked and locked 1911 micro also worries me, one slip of the safety a bump in the wrong direction(s) and poof! (also I think seeing the hammer up on it is a physcological thing too). Revolvers like a J frame? Can't stand them, the lack of control when firing is just nutts to me, that tiny thing trys to fly out of your hand when firing it. DA's like an FNP45...maybe if made small enough? Also wondering if there is a round, sort of like a blank (near harmless) but yet with enough energy to rack the slide if fired exists to keep as a first round in a glock? Then in a situation pull the trigger twice instead of once...one handed, faster than having to rack slide and a lot safer?

So far I'm leaning towards a Glock G26 or G30 no round chambered. I'm still open to a 1911 like the Springfield micro-compact but my understanding is they are more dangerous to not only carry, but get into the decocked state than carrying them cocked and locked. Also still open to a DA but not a revolver.

Anyway, again...looking for some good solid advice not criticism or "then don't carry if your that concerned" etc...Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
A cocked and locked 1911 is one of the safest things out there. Do a search on the internet there are many articles written about it.

It takes three distinct actions to get a cocked and locked 1911 to fire.
1) disengage safety
2) grip handle to depress grip safety
3) depress the trigger.
Link

With a properly holstered gun it will never to off.

Glocks do not have safeties. Their safety device is a long and hard DA trigger pull. Similar to most revolvers. They also will not fire if carried in a proper holster.

Much of your fear has to do with the fact that you are very new to guns, much of what you know and how you feel is derived from movies and media.

I would suggest, to make yourself comfortable, to carry around the house before you venture outside. That way you can figure out your concealment, get comfortable carrying, and realize that guns don't just go off by themselves.

There are literally thousands of cops carrying glocks around every single day. None of them have holes in their feet because the guns go off.

You can also search about carrying with a chambered round. DO IT. Otherwise you're carrying around a worthless piece of metal.

Also, better to need it and not have it than to have it and not need it....carry always, you never know where evil lurks.

My $0.02

#9 ·
Also, better to need it and not have it than to have it and not need it....carry always, you never know where evil lurks.
Oops, that's backwards. Its better to HAVE IT and not need it that it is to NEED IT and not have it.

Also, consider what many have said here before. Your most important safety feature is the one that resides between your ears. Just remember to never put your finger on the trigger until you're ready to shoot.

I can't seem to find it but I believe there was a poll taken here awhile back where forum members were asked if they'd ever had an accidental discharge. There weren't very many. Maybe someone here know where that thread is.

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Mel

#3 ·
It's your choice to carry with or without a round chambered; there are lots of people who carry "Israeli" and there are lots more who carry chambered.

I have been carrying a Glock daily for several years with a round chambered. I am confident that any holster I use completely covers the trigger guard and there's no way it will fire. I am not perfect, so there is a theoretical possibility that I may commit a stupid discharge, but I am convinced I am competent enough to never pull the trigger when I don't plan to---I keep my finger out of the trigger guard until I am lined up on a target I intend to shoot.

I balance the possibility of unplanned discharge against the time and two-hand effort required for me to chamber a round in a struggle, and saving time wins.

#4 ·
Wow, that's a heck of a first post.

For one thing, you never mentioned a holster. You seem worried about the bumps and nudges that your firearm might be exposed to, but 99% of holsters cover the trigger guard, therefore preventing the trigger from being pulled. A gun just simply does not fire unless someone or something pulls the trigger.

As far as the carrying with a round in the chamber, there is nothing we can say to convince you it is safe(it is), because it is not a logical fear, but an emotional one, and sometimes those are the hardest to get over.

The way I got over that fear was to carry without one in the chamber, but with my XD 'cocked', i.e. I would rack the slide before inserting the magazine. That way, if the trigger was ever pulled it would 'fire', but there would not be a round in the chamber. I figured if I ever heard that 'click', I would know I was right to not want a round in the chamber.

I never heard the click, and have been carrying a loaded weapon ever since.

As far as your particular dilemma, a Glock is a fine carry weapon, so is a 1911. You might want to try a mixture of the two for your first carry weapon, though. The new Springfield XD comes with a manual safety, as well, as the trigger safety, the grip safety, and a fairly strong trigger pull.

The stars would truly have to align for the safety to be 'bumped off', the grip safety depressed, the trigger safety depressed, and the trigger pulled back with enough force to fire the weapon while it is in a quality holster.

As a matter of fact, it would take a lot more than the stars aligning.

Good luck with your decision and Welcome to the Forum!

#5 ·
Unless you have a crystal ball that I've never heard of IMHO having a concealed carry permit and leaving your gun at home isn't very practical,you never know when you might need it,there was a robbery and murder not to long ago and one victim had a concealed license and they found his gun at home,his mom said he always carried but for some reason the one time he really needed it he left it at home.also guns don't just go off it requires pulling the trigger,if you keep your booger hook off the trigger not a problem,as far as a revolver goes you always have one in the pipe so to speak the only thing that prevents it firing is not pulling the trigger.You just need to be around firearms more and practice safe weapons handling,there is a certain level of respect for what they can do that is healthy,but there is no need to be scared of a gun that you have control over.

#6 ·
Just like a revolver, the holster serves as the first safety for a Glock. I carry my G26 almost all the time, and when I don't I carry the little Kel-Tec P3AT 380. Both area always loaded with a bullet in the chamber. The first safety is the Nemesis holster, or other that I carry them in.

When you go to the range, always practice finger control, and never put your finger on the trigger until your ready to fire.

I've saw a video where a Glock was pitched out of an airplane when it flew over the runway, and the dummy round in the chamber never fired. Yet the demonstrator then picked up the Glock and had no problem firing that dummy round when he pulled the trigger

A Glock is the safest pistol in the world. Why; if you have young children at home, simple remove the round from the chamber when you get home, and place it in the magazine. Yes, I know that mean your carrying one less rounds, but that's a minor trade off, for feeling that your doing the right thing at home. And a Glock will never jam on you, when your chambering a round.

One of my best friends did that when he had young kids at home, and I do that now, when we have guest with kids visiting. Then chamber a round when I leave the house.

#7 ·
Thanks for all the quick replies!

Question in regards to the 1911's needing to have the safety bumped off, grip safety pressed and trigger safety pressed. I am more concerned about the possibility of that hammer somehow being pushed/bumped whatever down and hitting the primer and discharging. Is there absolutely no way that hammer could even touch the primer without the safety release, the grip safety pressed and the trigger safety pressed? Even if the pistol was somehow defective (not that I have a defective 1911, I just know anything can break and thus not function properly)?

#18 ·
1911 Cocked and Locked-Is it safe?

Question in regards to the 1911's needing to have the safety bumped off, grip safety pressed and trigger safety pressed. I am more concerned about the possibility of that hammer somehow being pushed/bumped whatever down and hitting the primer and discharging. Is there absolutely no way that hammer could even touch the primer without the safety release, the grip safety pressed and the trigger safety pressed? Even if the pistol was somehow defective (not that I have a defective 1911, I just know anything can break and thus not function properly)?
Read this: The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site - Condition One: Dangerous?

I just started carrying my 1911 cocked and locked. I carried a full mag with an empty chamber with the hammer cocked and safety on in my Milt Sparks Summer Special II holster for about a month. The hammer never budged.

As far as not carrying all the time, believe me the one time you think you will never need your gun...presto, BG appears. It happens all the time.

Find your comfort level and stay safe.

#8 ·
I am only going to address the loading and unloading part. Get a 5 gallon bucket or larger container and fill it with sand the deeper the better. When you need to rack one in or out of the chamber while at home point the muzzle at the center of the sand while doing so. There are also Balistic safety mats available.

You should become more comfortable as time goes by.

Stay safe

#10 ·
Someone on here has a sig line...it says something similar to "the person who carries in condition 3 has two empty chambers: one in the gun and the other in the head" or something like that. Who it is, I dont know. I do know that I agree. If you are going to carry, carry.

#11 ·
I would suggest taking a formal training course on basic pistol safety first. Buddies can help you but formal instruction is structured to not forget to explain to you. As far as waht to carry or carry empty chamber, I feel once you get used to carrying it will resolve itself as a problem.
I carried my 1911 for a week around the house with a empty chamber just to prove the gun will not drop the hammer unintentionally. Been carrying Cocked and Locked ever since.

#12 ·
First off, welcome from central Mississippi.:wave:

Second,

I'm going to get a conceal and carry (CHL) here in Oregon not to carry regularly, but more just to have it. If I'm going to a questionable area at a bad time of day etc, I'd take it with me, otherwise wouldn't be taking it daily (at least not yet, for sure).
Today, there are no places that do not fit into that description. When criminals are brave/stupid enough to go into a police station and try to rob the police, then no place is truly safe.

Third, like Kerbouchard said, a good quality holster will prevent anything from pulling the trigger. As far as hitting the hammer and forcing it to strike the firing pin, it would take a pretty severe bump to even cause the hammer to fall.

#15 ·
Welcome to the Forum. You'll find this place to be the best collective knowledge in the web! I understand your apprehension, though time will show you it's unfounded. The XD would be a great pistol to minimize your fears and still accomplish your goal. I'll second Deadeye's statement that there are no places that do not fit into that description. When criminals are brave/stupid enough to go into a police station and try to rob the police, then no place is truly safe.
. It happens everywhere, at any time of day or night. Those who are intent on taking what's your's or harming you or your family won't care where they are. You need to be ready and you've already taken a very big step in the right direction. Congratulations and don't be a stranger around here!

#16 ·
My concern is in regards to safety and being "cocked and locked" while carrying. Why? Even chambering a round in my home gives me the creeps...That's why.
A number of years ago I carried a Glock, then a few others. All good pistols. Eventually I found that my preferred carry, for the last four years or more, has been my Colt 1911 Government Model.

Each individual should feel they're carrying safely. In my case I like having a safety on my 1911. For my part, I did not feel quite as safe with a 'safety-less' Glock. However, I recognize each of us is different as to what works for us.

My point is that the Colt 1911 'cocked and locked' has, in almost a hundred years of its existence, shown itself to be a safe way to carry. If you know someone who has one try it, or have the local gun shop go over it with you.

In they end though, it comes down to what you are most comfortable with.

Best wishes - :smile:

#17 ·
First off, welcome to the forum!

Personally, I too have the COMPLETELY IRRATIONAL concern regarding carrying my Glocks (G23 & G27). I know they are great pistols & are perfectly safe. Never the less, I decided they are just not for me for every day carry.

After a bit of searching & trying different pistols, I have settled on SA/DA Sigs (specifically a Sig P239) for my EDCs.

The moral of the story: There are lots of great hand guns out there. Shop around & try as many different pistols as you can. Find one that you are completely comfortable with and confident in & then carry that sucker...ALWAYS.

#19 ·
I settled on a Sig P229 in a .40 S&W for some of the same reasons. Then later I bought a 1911 Sig GSR 4" commander. I am way better shot with the P229 DA/SA because I have shot it so many times. I thing it is just me. I love the 3dot night sights. With both my carry-loc (OWB) holster and my MTAC (IWB) holster the trigger is totally covered. I never set either firearm on the night stand without the holster (No kids in the house left un-attended). I've carried for almost two years now without a ND/AD. I always use the de-cocker to put the P229 in DA mode. I was really freaked out by the H&K USP, Berretta, and couple other DA/SA set-ups that drop the hammer at warp speed and clank against the frame. I do like the USP, P220 SAO, etc that allow for locked and cocked 1911 carry. Just didn't like the de-cock on the USP.

These concerns are all valid that go away with time and understanding of the operation. I had a friend that was a very big 1911 fan and he pointed out how the newer 1911's were designed and all the safety built into them.

The two most concerning times for firearm handling in re-holstering and cleaning. Be very careful where your trigger finger is located at all times, use extreme muzzle control (know where it is pointed and what is behind it). The sand bucket clearing station is a very good suggestion. All the USMC facilities have that same clearing station, police stations also have them sometimes.

#20 ·
1911s are one of if not the safest side arm there is.

On Kimbers there is a firing pin block. Many other makes have one but not all. That is disconnected by the grip safety. Then there is a half cock position that stops the hammer from getting to the firing pin in the event the hammer sear fails. There is a thumb safety which locks the slide and blocks the trigger which is also blocked by the grip safety .

When you holster it your thumb should be under the safety locking it into a non firing position

So in order to get it to go bang (if loaded) thumb safety must be released grip safety must be released trigger must be pulled.

I can’t recall ever hearing of a 1911 going off because it got caught in clothing of some sort.

Glocks are fine guns I don’t like them for a number of reasons.
But having said that.
The good thing about a Glock is when the trigger is pulled it goes bang.
The bad thing about a Glock is when the trigger is pulled it will go bang.

#21 ·
Firearms are like shoes, there are plenty available. You've just got to find the ones that you like and fit your situation the best.

Currently I'm enjoying a Sig P239 SAS DAK, it is DAO, and not cocked or pre-cocked in any way. The trigger is super smooth, very safe, easy to shoot accurately, and always ready to use without dis-engaging safeties. BTW I do like and CCW 1911's C&L, Glocks, revolvers, etc. I like 'em all. :image035:

I started a thread called "Enlightening & humbling experience at 21 feet" about a year ago. You might search for it and read about the experience of our practice. Simulating the stress of a BG attack, we attempted to defend ourselves in a training scenario and part of it was comparing Condition 1 to Condition 3. You might enjoy the read.

BTW congratulations on joining a group who is interested in defending ourselves and family.

#22 ·
Glocks do not have safeties. Their safety device is a long and hard DA trigger pull. Similar to most revolvers. They also will not fire if carried in a proper holster.
Not sure what your :smoke23: because my Glock sure doesn't operate like this. You are describing a weapon with a decocker, like a 92F, but not a Glock. With a Glock the first trigger pull is the same as the last, that is why I like them.

Now back to the OP. Don't feel bad everyone has felt uncomfortable about carrying a "hot" weapon at one time or another. I wen through it 12+ years ago. If you follow one of the basic firearm rules of saftey which is to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the weapon to fire. The more you handle and fire weapons the more comfortable you will be in carrying in this manner. Some never allow themselves to reach this level and prefer to carry weapons with a saftey, or a SA/DA Revolver. There is a huge variety of firearms out there from which to choose from. I believe a Glock is a perfect first carry gun as it instills that basic saftey rule into your head from the start and you aren't falsely relying on a mechanical saftey to keep the weapon from discharging.
Remember this The best saftey is the one between your ears!!! But don't carry "hot" until you feel comfortable in doing so.
There was a excellent thread a couple days ago where a member didn't feel comfortable carrying a "Hot" Glock, then a situation happened where he almost had to draw his weapon and he realized that if he had actually drawn the weapon he had little more than a hammer and would have never had time to actually rack the slide and engage. He now carries with one in the hole. But we all have to come to this decision in our own time. Make sure when choosing a holster that you select one that covers the trigger guard, never carry a weapon without a quality holster that is made for that weapon.
Also I would like to congratulate on getting your CC permit. However please reconsider the decision to not carry all the time. Read the story in this forum about the youg people gunned down outside a Christian recording studio in Garland Texas. The young man left his weapon at home because he assumed it was a good neighborhood. No such place, bad things happen everywhere. I would also like to welcome you to the very best Self Defense Forum on the internet. I hope you stick around and get to know some of us!!
Take Care

The good thing about a Glock is when the trigger is pulled it goes bang.
The bad thing about a Glock is when the trigger is pulled it will go bang.
Having the weapon "go bang" when the trigger is pulled IS NEVER A BAD THING.
Having a weapon NOT "GO BANG" when the trigger is pulled is a VERY BAD THING.

Basic rule of firearm safety is to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire the weapon. As I said above if you don't feel comfortable carrying a Glock loaded than a Glock isn't for you, and maybe you are better served with a weapon with a manual saftey until your gun handling skills improve, or you feel more comfortable carrying it "hot" A unloaded gun is nothing more than a goverment hammer = $500 Hammer.

NCH

#23 ·
Here's a quick history on my experience with firearms thus far. 34 years old, hadn't even held a firearm (pistol or otherwise) since shooting a .22 at least a decade ago...previous to that, shot a .22 rifle a few times as a kid. In my youth (under 30 years) I knew I wasn't responsible enough for a firearm, thus I never got one or even had an interest. Completely brainwashed by parents into the "guns are bad" opinion; wouldn't even let me have a squirt gun as a kid (that's just wrong).

Fast forward to today and a few months ago I went shooting with a friend. Shot a 1911, XD, .38 Special J Frame, M4, 308 Rifle (or 306?), Mossberg & Remington shotguns in addition to a 9MM that I can't remember which it was (brand/model unknown).

...I'm hooked. Plus I have a family now and I think it's important to be armed/protected etc (firm beleiver in 2nd amendment).

I picked up a Glock G22 .40 Cal a few months ago, I've put about 700+ rounds through it, just took the NRA basic pistol class and now feel fairly comfortable at the range with it.

You know how it's said that some people who are really afraid of heights are sometimes drawn to the edge of a building or cliff if they are standing near one, lose their balance and their body almost wants to go over? Having a round chambered gives me that same feeling. I feel like I would go to remove the magazine and remove the chambered round and instead, without thinking about it or knowing I'm doing it would just pull the trigger for some reason...It's hard to explain...Hopefully that makes sense?

I'm sure over the years in front of me I'll get more use to things and these issues would subside, but for the time being with this information in mind, I'm wondering what would be the best pistol and best condition for me to carry in on the rare occassions that I would?

The idea of a glock with a round in the chamber just freaks me out, one slip on that trigger and that's it. The idea of a cocked and locked 1911 micro also worries me, one slip of the safety a bump in the wrong direction(s) and poof! (also I think seeing the hammer up on it is a physcological thing too). Revolvers like a J frame? Can't stand them, the lack of control when firing is just nutts to me, that tiny thing trys to fly out of your hand when firing it. DA's like an FNP45...maybe if made small enough? Also wondering if there is a round, sort of like a blank (near harmless) but yet with enough energy to rack the slide if fired exists to keep as a first round in a glock? Then in a situation pull the trigger twice instead of once...one handed, faster than having to rack slide and a lot safer?

So far I'm leaning towards a Glock G26 or G30 no round chambered. I'm still open to a 1911 like the Springfield micro-compact but my understanding is they are more dangerous to not only carry, but get into the decocked state than carrying them cocked and locked. Also still open to a DA but not a revolver.

Anyway, again...looking for some good solid advice not criticism or "then don't carry if your that concerned" etc...Thanks in advance!
It's great that you have discovered handgun shooting. Self defense is a good reason for doing so too. Regarding your concealed carry permit, if you get one, carry all the time or not at all. The one time you don't carry can be the one time you need your firearm.

The only way to carry is with one in the pipe ready to go. You're concerned about doing that with your Glock and a cocked and locked 1911. I have two M&P 9s and I always carry with one in the chamber. A gun is no good if it's not loaded when you need it. I practiced carrying at home with one in the chamber. Plain and simple, if you keep your finger off the trigger, it won't fire.

A cocked and locked 1911 is safer than a chambered Glock or M&P without a manual safety. I don't have a 1911 anymore, but I can definitely carry one without concern.

If this bothers you too much, you may have to consider something like a Beretta 92F, that has a double action first shot and a decocker or a revolver.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

#24 ·
...If I'm going to a questionable area at a bad time of day etc, ...
Carry always or else what's the point? You can't know when you're gonna need it.

One of the first things our CCW instructor got out of the way was: "If you're going to go to a place where you think you better carry a gun, don't go."

#47 ·
Help a Newbie Reholster after a Shooting

One of the first things our CCW instructor got out of the way was: "If you're going to go to a place where you think you better carry a gun, don't go."
My first recollection, exactly what my HCP instructor said, when I read the OP's comment.

Also,
I myself carry my EDC (Every Day Carry) with a round chambered. When I put my gun on my person, it's already in the holster. If you have to draw, when you reholster, you should remove the holster from your belt/shoulder strap from your person and put them back on w/the gun already in the holster; that's the way LEOs are trained to do it. Accidents happen primarily during reholstering e.g. something (a draw string on a windbreaker maybe) gets caught in the trigger guard and forces the trigger back and the gun goes off.
...In any case, carry the way you feel best.
My reply is to stir comments from you EDC folks. I guess most of you are not LEO's. LEO training probably follows department regulations that wisdom rendered.

I check for an empty chamber before handling a gun for any reason - including holstering. But then, in logical sequence, I have to load it and put it in the holster. Defensive carry experts, Dave Spaulding and John S. Farnam, independently emphasize the importance of one-hand reholstering.

I wonder about the distinction and welcome comments from those of you who EDC whether you are LEO or not. I'm a Sagitarius, myself :rofl:)

#25 ·
I wouldn't carry any other way but cocked and locked. I carry four Glocks, and one SIG single action only (similar to 1911). Same way the IPSC matches start...chambering a round and re-holstering, making ready. No matter what firearm you carry, you are the ultimate safety device. If you're uncomfortable chambering a round, or carrying cocked and locked, find a firearm that makes this comfortable for you, or practice, practice, practice until you're adept and comfortable with the notion.

#27 ·
Alright, thanks to all the information here and at the local gun shop and the NRA instructors I've spoken to, I'm leaning towards 1911 (specifically the springfield GI micro-compact). Question on this. I understand that over the belt holsters will have a strap that goes over the pin between the hammer and the pin, so an added level of safety there as well. But I will need to ALWAYS carry with it under inner waist band as I wear slacks and tucked in shirt most of the time (semi-dress, basically a suit without the jacket). I've seen these holsters but as of yet am not aware of one that includes that strap that goes between the pin and hammer? Suggestions?

And I will definetely come back to this site time and time again, you guys have been awesome! Thank you!

#29 ·
The holster you are reffering to with the retention strap is an outside the waist band (OWB) holster. The tuckables never have a strap. I have one like that for my 1911, but I almost never us it. I like the Carry-Loc (Bianchi) for my 1911. I unfortunately own a very hard to fit 1911 4". It must be the oly non-conforming 1911 made. Its the Sig GSR 1911 commander. Great firearm, I just can't find custom fit IWB or OWB holsters such as VMII, MTAC, ect.

#28 ·
Glocks are the SECOND safest auto pistols in the world. Second to XD's. XD's have the same trigger safety as Glock with the added benefit of the grip safety. XD's also have the striker block safety that is moved as the trigger is pulled. The striker block keeps the striker pin from striking a round if for some reason another part were to "fail".

Try getting some snap caps and carrying at home with one in the chamber (snap caps wont go boom). Do some things that you would normally do and some you wouldnt and see what it takes to get the hammer to drop without the trigger being pulled.

#31 ·
My EDC (Every Day Carry) is a Kimber (1911).

Always armed...:hand10:
Always loaded...with one in the chamber...:hand10:
Always C & L...:hand10:

No other way to carry.:king:

Do you keep air in your spare tire?:blink:
Do you keep the batteries IN your flashlight?:blink:
Do you always wear your seatbelt? Or just for accidents?:blink:

Some things are just meant to be...:yup:

Stay armed...always be prepared to the fullest...stay safe!

#33 ·
Always armed...:hand10:
I keep seeing this. Given the laundry list of nearby places where bringing any firearm would result in a felony, I am starting to think I am also required to move to Texas to fully comply with suggestions :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.