Defensive Carry banner

Off shoot of "Some Should Carry"

6K views 77 replies 38 participants last post by  BigJon 
#1 ·
This may end up as a LONG thread. I'd like to know what folks here would argue in response to the following hypothetical beliefs:

1. Anyone who carries a concealed weapon should have to be licensed, and the license requirements should include certification not only in safe-gun-handling skills but also legal, practical and common-sense issues attendent to carrying a concealed weapon. (An argument in favor of this might be, "If someone's going to walk armed around a mall, where my family members might be shopping, he should have proved that he knows how - and when and under what circumstances - the weapon may be employed.")

2. Anyone who is licensed to carry a concealed weapon should have to provide proof every year, as a condition of license renewal, of supervised (by a certified instructor) training that covers both the physical employment of the carried weapon and a refresher course on the legal, practical and common-sense issues attendent to carrying a firearm. (An argument in favor of this might be, "Doctors and lawyers have to provide proof of continiung education each year as a requirement of licensing.")

Now, here's the kicker - I'd like to read comments that do NOT concern the practice of some in DC to use existing record-keeping to further restrict our 2nd Amendment rights.

I'm look forward to reading the coming explosion.

Best,
Jon

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.