A family of CCers

This is a discussion on A family of CCers within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We had my grandfatherís funeral this weekend and I saw A LOT of my family I haven't seen in years. My dadís entire side of ...

Thread: A family of CCers

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

A family of CCers

We had my grandfatherís funeral this weekend and I saw A LOT of my family I haven't seen in years. My dadís entire side of the family was there including all my aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd & 3rd cousins. We all met in Maryland at my parentís house, and he was buried at Arlington after serving 24 years in the USAF.

During the course of the reception after the funeral a lot of us cousins were talking, drinking a few beers, eating hot dogs etc... The topic of politics and guns came up. I was pleased to discover that not only did my uncle have his Maine CCL, my cousin has his in New Mexico CCL (Where he lives) and carries a Springfield XD in .45

To continue on I found out that one of my female cousins owns a handgun and a shotgun. She is interested in getting her CCL in Maine where she lives. I gave her websites and information on getting her CCL in Maine Another uncle of mine says he owns a handgun and carries concealed in Florida with his FL CCL. His son (my cousin) who is 14 is very interested in guns and says he'll get his CCL when he is older.

Overall I was happy to discover we have a family of gun owners and CCers... I just never realized it. Maybe gun ownership is genetic?

2. Remove Ads

I have my CFP, as does my wife, two sons, my daughter, and my son-in-law. Oops, I forgot. My daughter just let hers lapse. I'm gonna have a talk with her.
    "None who have always been free can understand
    the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom
    to those who are not free."

Well that's cool. Wife and I have CWL here in FL. Stepson and brother-in-law also have their's.

kpw
    That's pretty cool. Time for a family reunion...with lots of ammo.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

I have a family of sheep.........
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

The wife and I have ours as well has my brother, Mom, Dad and a Uncle.
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Every one in the family has their CCW, Self, Wife, both son's and both daughters, N we all pack when we are out and about.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    A strapped family...... I love it!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Can't be heredatary... My son likes guns but says he doesn't want to carry when he gets older...

Where did I go wrong?

Anyways, I think my wife and I are the only ones that can go armed outside of our house in the entire family. I can think of only one aunt/uncle that might even have guns...

Myself and my Dad took our CCW together. Need to get the wife in some handgun classes then talk her into a CCW. None of my daughters show any interest...... I too wonder were I went wrong??

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I just think it's odd that my family seperated my hundreds and thousands of miles all are the same.

When my family gets together, I have dreams of selling wool sweaters and making a fortune.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

TyC
    Thats really cool. So far I've got my dad, mom, 2 out of 3 sisters and 1 out of 2 brothers 1 brother in law and one sister in law and my wife all with their CWL. So 9 in total counting me.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Quote Originally Posted by TyC View Post
    Thats really cool. So far I've got my dad, mom, 2 out of 3 sisters and 1 out of 2 brothers 1 brother in law and one sister in law and my wife all with their CWL. So 9 in total counting me.
    My Mom, Brother, his girlfriend and I all took our course together at my house. My wifes Dad always carry's (retired HP), and her brother (even though he is kinda a sheep) is a city PD and carry's. It is nice to know that someone around has your back

Chris

sorry to hear about your grand father
    sadly,out of all my family members..i'm the only one(that i know of,several members i have no contact with) that owns and carrys.i do have a brother in-law that owns several firearms( 1 shotgun,1 rifle and acouple handguns) but he doesn't see the need to carry.

my mom is showing interest in learning to use a gun,maybe get her a CCW in the future..

"A Family that carrys together,survives together"
    S&W-SW40VE
    molon labe
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" --Sigmund Freud

Links