How do you carry your BUG?

This is a discussion on How do you carry your BUG? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you that carry a BUG where do you carry it? I am in the long Texas wait for my license and want ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you carry your BUG?

For those of you that carry a BUG where do you carry it? I am in the long Texas wait for my license and want to get everything sorted out before it gets here. I hope to have it by Christmas. Maybe I can use that as an excuse to by a new gun. I was thinking about carrying a 1911 or my P220ST as my primary and a glock 30sf or maybe an XD as a backup. It going to take some "around the house" carry to see if I can comfortably conceal a large pistol. I should be receiving my MTAC for the P220 today.
    Last edited by heavymetalman; August 13th, 2008 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Smilies didn't show

Welcome to the world of DC, and I'm sure your going to get allot of response

My Bug, so to speak during the summer months, I carry a P3AT 380 in a nemesis holster.

If I'm warring shorts, it fits in the front pocket and jeans it fits in the back pocket.

When it's cooler I carry a G26 OWB and cover it with a light wind breaker

Never carry two pistols at a time; kind of figure one should get the job done.

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    I carry a Taurus 85UL in a Nemesis pocket holster either alone...or as backup to my Glock 19 which is in an IWB holster.

the 642 and tomcat both end up in my front pocket usually right side sometimes left.

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    PPS in front weakside pocket holster.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    LCP in weak side front pocket in a DeSantis Nemisis.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT in my back pocket.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Rarely carried as a BUG, but when I do it is a Seecamp in a R J Hedley front pocket holster. This is a very good combination that I like very much. I've tried several others, but this one is for keeps. I can draw it just as fast as my main CCW.

I carry one "Primary Gun" and two BUGs most days.

My Primary is a 3" GP100 or a Glock 19 and infrequently a 5" 1911. The BUGs are a SP101 carried OWB for a weakhand draw and a 442 in my Pocket or on my ankle, depending upon dress.

I am a big advocate of having a gun accessable to either hand, and have had to draw my BUG once in a knife attack. I really like weakside pocket carry for a BUG, this is where the 442 resides most days, unless I'm wearing a suit.

Just my preference, but I like "point and shoot" type weapons for BUGs and Primary guns, and like the Revolver most of all for the dependability. In full size guns it's a wash as far as if an Autoloader is as dependable as a Revolver. However, when you get to the smaller guns, the Revolver still retains a slight edge in reliability.

The 1911 and a 38 Special J-Frame would be a good combo, and one I carried for a few years. In fact it was what I was carrying the night I had to draw my BUG. Now I'm back to packing a wheelie off duty most days, or a Glock, as I like "point and shoot" type weapons for most purposes.

Biker

BUG in strong-hand pocket. If I'm in a questionable area, I can keep my hand in my pocket with the BUG firmly in hand. I practice draw-and-acquire around the house or if I'm alone out walking the dog in the woods. I can draw very quickly this way.

My BUG is a AMT .45 which has no sights that might hang up on edge of pocket.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

My primary is a 5 inch 1911, my GUG is a Colt Defender. I carry the defender in a holster in the left had pocket of my vest. If I feel unsafe I can stick my hands in the pockets and have a 45 ready to go if need be.

VIP Member
    Like this: G-27
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Like this: G-27
    Nice Glock

Rarely.
    Primary is 1911 or CZ-75/9mm (Pre-B, old-timer) carried IWB (usually) or OWB (occasionally) strong-side, 4O'clock-ish.
    Back-up:
    The "Other One" - between the seats/in the console.
    Colt Mustang +2 - ankle.
    P32 - IWB with side clip.
    PF-9 - AIWB, nearly centered, or (suit) coat pocket, weak-side.
    .32 Revolver - pocket (suit mostly)
    NAA Mini - My wife's, not mine, I promise.

Mostly it just depends on what fits the holster that works best with the clothes at the time, but I generally only carry a BUG when I'm travelling so I can leave one with my family if the vehicle fails or we get stuck in some place of "dubious integrity." Otherwise I'm more comfortable with fewer options to reduce the potential of confusion if "TSHTF," and I don't own - much less carry - anything that hasn't proven itself as much 100% as mechanically possible.

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

G30 main gun (or 26,27,19,23,1911,HP - whatt ever is clean). A J frame S&W of some type (60, 36, 342PD, 640)in my front left pocket and depending on the area/situation, some type of .32/.380 auto (KT32, KT380, NAA32, PPK)in my rear pocket.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links