Spooked 2 guys casing my house today...

This is a discussion on Spooked 2 guys casing my house today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Coming back from my last appointment of the day and I pulled in my yard to find a pair of my neighborhood addicts knocking at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spooked 2 guys casing my house today...

Coming back from my last appointment of the day and I pulled in my yard to find a pair of my neighborhood addicts knocking at my front door, getting ready to try and invite themselves in. I've never seen someone spit and sputter trying to get words out before. He made up some nonsense about wanting to borrow a video game controller and stammered his way out into the street, pinpricked pupils bloodshot eyes and all. I hope our conversation gave him the idea that he should pick a different house, or maybe just stay home. It would be in his best interest to do so....
    This whole experience has filled me with gratitude for this forum and the people on it. I haven't done much posting, but I've been on here following things for a while and I've learned alot. The information contained on this forum has opened my eyes to a lot of truth about the world I live in. Because of that I have made a fervent effort to carry my weapon 24/7 and go to the range as much as possible. I have been brought to my sheepdog senses just in the nick of time.

Just wanted to say thank you and show some gratitude. Nice to know there's still good people in the world.

2. Remove Ads

This forum is definitely a great resource for self defense and awareness. I hope you let these druggies know that you will not be an easy target without threatening them . Good luck and keep your eyes open.
    NRA Member

good on ya, fuzzdawg. that is good timing. I learned a lot from this forum and thankful for it.

dawg, maybe it is time to get a alarm system or move. druggies are historically unable to help themselves; they will do anything to fuel the need for their pharmaceuticals.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Got three dogs actually. two cockers and a pretty good sized lab. I try to let the cockers out and leave the lab in when I'm gone. He's old so he limps pretty good, but in a house with all the shades drawn, he sounds as big and bad as anything. I am interested in getting some security cameras with infared. I don't even know where to start with that though. All I know is a south florida yard never looked so good in the heat of summer as it does on a hi def tv in the a/c :-)

interesting visitors

heck of a surprise to come home to.
    also welcome from s.e. michigan.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

You might give LEO a heads up on the incident they may have a few burglarys that need cleared and no suspects but a tip might help them out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You might give LEO a heads up on the incident they may have a few burglarys that need cleared and no suspects but a tip might help them out
    +1 on this. Tips are always appreciated!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Fuzz, think hard about how close you were to being knifed or shot. Had either one of the two been armed, you (without your weapon) would have had few options if they decided to express their displeasure at your interruption.

If you're able, always carry.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thank you for your report.
    This gives us another training scenario!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzDawg View Post
    Coming back from my last appointment of the day and I pulled in my yard to find a pair of my neighborhood addicts knocking at my front door, getting ready to try and invite themselves in. I've never seen someone spit and sputter trying to get words out before. He made up some nonsense about wanting to borrow a video game controller and stammered his way out into the street, pinpricked pupils bloodshot eyes and all. I hope our conversation gave him the idea that he should pick a different house, or maybe just stay home. It would be in his best interest to do so....
    This whole experience has filled me with gratitude for this forum and the people on it. I haven't done much posting, but I've been on here following things for a while and I've learned alot. The information contained on this forum has opened my eyes to a lot of truth about the world I live in. Because of that I have made a fervent effort to carry my weapon 24/7 and go to the range as much as possible. I have been brought to my sheepdog senses just in the nick of time.

Just wanted to say thank you and show some gratitude. Nice to know there's still good people in the world.
    How do you know this...just curious?
    Can't do much if they're just on the front porch...even trying the door.
    If they were 'high', they probably won't remember a word you said.

Stay armed...watch your back...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'd have done more than spooked 'em. Even if it was a couple Mormons leaving a leaflet in the screen door. Anyone I catch doing that when I come home or down the road would be looking to shed their loaded underwear.

I hope you were armed!! Not that you had any reason to draw, but I wouldn't be aproaching anybody without being armed. I am glad this was a eye opening expierence for you.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Glad it worked out for you and welcome to the forum.

If I'm home and someone comes to the door who I don't know, I just open carry when I open the front door with the screen door closed and locked they go If they are good people most won't even notice
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post

Excellent Ideal Paper trail is always good...Good Luck and continue to be safe Fuzz.

I was wearing my xd-9 at the time. These two savory characters are already being watch by my neighborhood patrol. They tried to break into their next door neighbors a couple of weeks ago. Already been arrested for vehicle theft and grand larceny since they've lived there. LE knows what time it is with these guys, and short of them parking a squad car at my house they won't be able to increase patrol much more than it already is.
    I think my best course of action thus far is going to be taking updated pictures of all my belongings w/ serial no.s for insurance claims.
    While emotionally I agree with Ramrod, intellectually I have to beg the differ. It's a lot easier to scare mormons into never coming back than a dope fiend. People who live their lives in an altered state of consciousness don't have the same moral integrity the rest of us do. If I had been overly aggressive, them stealing my worldly possessions could be the least of my worries. They live in this neighborhood too, so it wouldn't take much for them to watch me leave and poison my dogs, burn my house to the ground, vandalize my cars, etc.
    Forewarned is forearmed, and I'm as grateful as can be that it worked out. It's justification for my security pursuits, which is something I was starting to need. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me.
    In my book, if nothing is stolen or broken, and I didn't have to shoot anybody to prevent it, it's a winning scenario. Atleast for now. I'm gonna find a good camera system, take new photographs of everything, keep everything locked and stay armed. Also thinking about getting a newer model dog, bigger, faster, less of a gimp.
    thanks all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links