Probably un-avoidable..but was it ??

This is a discussion on Probably un-avoidable..but was it ?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Didn't know exactly where to put this ... Anybody have any thoughts on this following news clip as to what-not-to-do / what-to-do to avoid such ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Probably un-avoidable..but was it ??

Probably un-avoidable..but was it ??

Didn't know exactly where to put this ...
    Anybody have any thoughts on this following news clip as to what-not-to-do / what-to-do to avoid such bad luck ?

OKLAHOMA CITY -- An auto burglar in Oklahoma City made off with quite a haul after breaking into the car of an agent with the Drug Enforcement Agency.
    Police say the burglar broke into the agent's car on the city's northwest side by going through a rear window.
    The thief made off with an AR-15 rifle with a mounted scope and flashlight, a Glock 40-caliber handgun, DEA credentials and a badge, and body armor.
    A black briefcase and an extra Glock magazine also were taken in the burglary.
    diplomacy ... the art of saying "nice doggie"..while looking for a big rock !!

2. Remove Ads

um yeah it was avoidable same as when the car was stolen here that had smoke gernades 500 rounds of 40's and bunch of mags and a shotgun

on the bright side, the burglar problably saved some dea agent from shooting himself in the leg/foot with his glock fowtie ;)
    Driver carries less then $20 of remorse.

VIP Member
    Yikes....not good there!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Assistant Administrator
    I can see one very, very p'd off DEA agent - trying to explain to his boss how all that gear and ID was taken!

Bad news indeed, in particular because all that could be used for very major criminal purposes. I'd like to think they'll track down the perp' soon but - just as likely it will be near impossible, until careless use of credentials maybe shows him up.

NOT good - at all.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky
    Didn't know exactly where to put this ...
    Anybody have any thoughts on this following news clip as to what-not-to-do / what-to-do to avoid such bad luck ?
    Don't leave all that stuff in a car. A car is about the least secure storage facility you can find. At the very least, the stuff ought to be in the trunk where it's out of sight, and it should be locked up somehow. To be fair, though, maybe the DEA guy was in the middle of something sufficiently pressing that he didn't have time to properly secure the items.

SSKC

VIP Member
    Lots of plainclothes LEO's I know carry their longguns and tac gear in the trunks of their g-rides. I store my primary tac vest in the trunk of my car and remove it whenever the car's getting serviced.

Senior Moderator
    Being a federal agency, he'd better hope that that gun aint" tagged" with a device because if it is, his day is about to be ruined.

Lead Moderator
    I can see leaving stuff locked in the car, but your ID and badge? Ouch!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Lead Moderator
    IIRC, the FBI lost a vehicle fulll of MP-5's and sniper gear including a rifle too. Vehicles are not very secure at all.

Quote Originally Posted by the-fly
    on the bright side, the burglar problably saved some dea agent from shooting himself in the leg/foot with his glock fowtie ;)
    You're so mean. I love it.
    There's a reason The Sopranos is set in New Jersey.
    Basic Pistol

VIP Member
    One case I worked involved a fellow fed from another agency getting his/her SIG, spare mag, cuffs, creds and work laptop computer stolen an an airport. Numbnuts left the case in the care and custody of his/her mother who wasn't paying attention. This particular airport has bands of thieves of one particular ethnicity that are great in what they do....steal bags from unattentive people.

I don't know if the equipment was ever recovered (I moved from that area and now work in the South) but I believe the agent was reprimanded pretty severely since he/she was a supervisor.

If his ID was in the car, it sounds like off-duty, in which case his chest-nuts should be roasted. He was either off-duty, or working with no ID, no vest, and no weapon (or a non-issued one). OOps......

I have seen setups in trunks at gun shows where that stuff is really secured in the trunk.
    like locked in with similar devices cops use for there shotguns when in the front seat area.
    lookled very impressive also when he opened that trunk too.
    this shoulda been in place at the very minimum.
    and rightfully so he should get reamed for that.
    and hafta buy new equipment out of his own pocket!!!
    it was under his care, he lost it, he should replace it! taxpayer money ya know.

that happened her in the cinci area a year or so ago.
    never made the news if it was found or not.

and as the cops say "one more gun ON the street"....oh, wait a minute, they say "one more gun off the street".
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

I won't bash the person because I know none of the circumstances.

If anyone really believes what the newspapers say, they also believe in the tooth fairy :)).
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links