CC in TN and the Law

This is a discussion on CC in TN and the Law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Agave Opinions vary. Frankly, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good thing. Here's one reason why it's not (and not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC in TN and the Law

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Opinions vary. Frankly, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good thing.
    Here's one reason why it's not (and not an isolated incident in PA) First experience with LEO while carrying.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by eatatjoz View Post
    If ya'll don't mind another question about Tn...
    I'm taking a trip to the Memphis Zoo this weekend. Is this considered a park? Do they have any specific rules or laws against carrying?
    The Memphis ZOO (which we bought a family membership to) is owned by the city nd as a result is a no-carry zone. It is also situated almost entirely in Overton Park, also a no-carry zone.

Quote Originally Posted by cop2b View Post
    Memphis zoo is not posted and on their site, nothing talks about this. I would carry. You can call to find out (901) 276-9453 but I'm sure whoever answers the phone has no clue.
    It may not be listed on their site but I have a very good friend who used to work at the station with me who now works in the ZOO administration. We talked about this very subject a few weeks ago. He assures me that the ZOO is a no-carry zone (he has his permit and carries, he's not anti-gun.) and that the ZOO management will call police if you are spotted.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by TN_Mike; August 16th, 2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: additional info
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    It may not be listed on their site but I have a very good friend who used to work at the station with me who now works in the ZOO administration. We talked about this very subject a few weeks ago. He assures me that the ZOO is a no-carry zone (he has his permit and carries, he's not anti-gun.) and that the ZOO management will call police if you are spotted.

Hope that helps.
    I called and spoke with someone who said the same thing. No carry zone. TN Mike, remember what happened about 2 weeks back? Some zoo visitor was grazed by a bullet that came from the unknown area. Shame.

Thanks for the info Mike, I figured you'd know the deal. I live close by the Nashville Zoo at Grassmere. It's most definitely posted at the main entrance.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    Get use to eating at Mcdonalds.....

sad but true
    I rarely go out to eat anyways, but if I do, its generally at a chinese restaraunt or a little BBQ that doesnt serve alcohol.
    Wo die Notwehr aufhört, fängt der Mord an
    (Murder begins where self-defense ends)
    Georg Büchner

Thanks for the info guys.
    I didn't receive an answer in time for my trip so I carried.
    Once I got to the front gate I saw the sign with a small "No Firearms" restriction.

I didn't have a lock box in my lady friend's car so I stashed the frame in the trunk and took the slide with me.

The Memphis Zoo is off limits.
    As a side note, they also mentioned that you can't feed, aggravate, torture, or eat the animals. It said nothing about clubbing baby seals though

Quote Originally Posted by eatatjoz View Post
    Once I got to the front gate I saw the sign with a small "No Firearms" restriction.
    I thought there was a was language that must be substanitally quoted in TN for the notice to be enforced?

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Fox View Post
    I thought there was a was language that must be substanitally quoted in TN for the notice to be enforced?
    The posting requirement is unnecessary because the Zoo is in Overton Park; parks are no-gos in Tenn.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

And because the Zoo is owned by the City of Memphis and thus, City Property.

The wording of the no carry sign applies to a business or private property being posted. Parks, city property and schools do not need to be posted at all because they are off limits by law.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links