First day on the job

First day on the job

This is a discussion on First day on the job within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so yesterday I started my new pizza delivery job. It was my first day, so I was a little reluctant to carry my full ...

Thread: First day on the job

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

First day on the job

Ok, so yesterday I started my new pizza delivery job. It was my first day, so I was a little reluctant to carry my full size Glock until I saw how things panned out while training. I just stuck my P3AT in my cargo pants and went on my way.

Has anyone else here done the same? Carried something smaller, or nothing at all on the first day just to see how things play out? To make sure you don't get discovered somehow?

I'd probably have done the same, and then figured out a way to carry a real gun asap.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Definitely smart to avoid getting made. Hard to live life without an income.

Quote Originally Posted by dnowell View Post
    Definitely smart to avoid getting made. Hard to live life without an income.
    Yeah, especially an income as lucrative as those pizza delivery guys make!! Juz kidd'n, I've delivered pizza myself and not being able to carry a piece was just a bit discomforting.

Are you going to be fired if you have to use it? Will you be looking for another job while you're pizza-delivering?
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

I'd keep carrying a pocket gun.

If your working for a national chain, I would be willing to bet your fired if they find out.

Good luck

Big or small?

If your going to carry concealed and it is in fact concealed I would carry the gun that I am most comfortable with defending my life with, big or small. Are you not certain that your Glock can be concealed properly? If so, I would work on finding a better way of concealing it. Maybe a SmartCarry holster is a solution for you. Good Luck!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Concealing isn't an issue, I just kinda wanted to scope out how uniforms work, and what I'll be doing to figure out the best way to conceal it. I have an IWB holster for my Glock 36 that works just fine with a large enough shirt over it.

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Are you going to be fired if you have to use it? Will you be looking for another job while you're pizza-delivering?
    If he works for one of the big companies like Round Table, Straw Hat, Domino's or Pizza Hut, he will be either suspended indefinitely or fired. They'll claim that it is against company policy for their delivery personnel to carry firearms, even if it is legal in the state where they are employed.

It's happened before.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

I sometimes carry my Colt Govt. .380; my "gun I carry when I can't carry a gun".

Othertimes when I have to be especially discreet, I use carry a Officer's 1911 in a Smart Carry.

Joe

Pocket carry should help without being discovered...tell no one!

Good luck!

Stay armed...deep dish...deep pockets...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Pocket carry until cooler weather arrives and then strap the Glock back on, unless you can figure out how to conceal the Glock now. It can be a factor how they want you to dress, example shirt tucked in vs pulled out.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Sponsored Links