Places you no longer go because you carry.

This is a discussion on Places you no longer go because you carry. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You know, those signs are a funny thing........I look for them, not intently but I certinly conduct a brief scanning when I go somewhere, and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Places you no longer go because you carry.

You know, those signs are a funny thing........I look for them, not intently but I certinly conduct a brief scanning when I go somewhere, and I have yet to see the first one.....at any business. I'm sure thier there though.

I won't carry in a school, courthouse, bar, post office, etc........those places specificly listed as illegal. Otherwise I'm carrying. I do keep up with State laws and follow them.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

Bars, night clubs, malls if I can avoid them, Lake Lanier/Allatoona, downtown Atlanta and the whole swaths of ATL west of 75/85, and any place else that I can think of where lots of a-holes can be found that would instantaneously escalate something minor into a violent confrontation or firearm carry is statutorily prohibited by state law.

Businesses that are posted are not good enough to get my money, as usual.

Edit: And, at least temporarily, I avoid the airport
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by TheGiant View Post
    Some places of business by law or by choice do not let you carry. Bars for example in TN.
    My list:
    Waffle House, My bank, court house, Etc. I try to do most of my business on line now.
    Why do you choose to do business with an anti-CCW bank?

I do not carry in areas prohibited by state and federal Statute. And I avoid Maryland as much as I can.

waffle house?

I carry in waffle house.

National Parks

I no longer go to National Parks. I go instead to state parks if I want to enjoy the out of doors. I hope the new rule proposal the Dep. of Int. is considering changes this for me as I realy do love a lot that the NPs have to offer and some of the most beautiful places are NPs for their beauty.-Jay

jfl
    Haven't found a sign yet in South Florida (been here since 1977).
    Winn-Dixie had a sign just after the CCW law was passed; in this rural area everybody carries and the sign disappeared 3-4 days later after the management had a few hundred of visits and letters !!!

My bank manager knows I carry; she hugged me one time and felt something; I casually said "it's my gun", she answered "good for you"; of course I make substantial cash deposits every week, would be crazy not to carry.

I leave it in the truck if I have to go to the Post Office.

Airports, being a corporate pilot, in most airports I can drive to the airplane, so it is a non-issue.

To old to go to bars or clubs (can't stand the loud noise they call music), so yeah, I carry almost everywhere.

I don't go to Pizza Hut and I have canceled my Costco card, not because I cannot carry there, actually I can, but because of their support of gun control.

And ayways, concealed is concealed ...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Post office&fed buiding in detroit places I go three times a week

SC Schools, banks and restaurants that sever alcohol, etc..
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I live in Northern Virginia. While there are still a few places that I can't carry, I've seen "NO CARRY" signs disappear, including the local banks. I shop at Macy's, eat at Waffle House and most of the others stores listed in this thread and have not seen a posted "NO CARRY" sign in years. This is just a guess but I think the sniper incident here a few years ago woke this area up a bit. There were several victims in the immediate vicinity here. Other than prohibited areas such as courts and bars, I am free to carry most anywhere.

Bars.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGiant View Post
    Yep Waffle House is posted No Guns
    Really? I have not eaten at a Waffle House since I stopped being a big fat slob but, I had never noticed a Waffle House posted here in West Tennessee.

What part of TN are you located in TheGiant?

I have had a carry permit for over 18 years now so it has been a long time but, I stopped going to bars when I got my first permit. Here in TN since we can not carry in restaurants that serve alcohol for on site consumption, I generally do not go out to eat in TN except if we are going to "The Cracker Barrel" or to Subway pr something. But, since we live in Shelby County, close to the Mississippi state line, if we want to go out to eat at a nice sit down restaurant, we drive on down to Mississippi. That way we can carry while we eat and the state of TN does not get any of our money since they want us to be disarmed victims while we have dinner.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Really? I have not eaten at a Waffle House since I stopped being a big fat slob but, I had never noticed a Waffle House posted here in West Tennessee.
    In Jackson, I open carried in Waffle House to get a veggie meal in the middle of the night; I had zero issue and no one seemed to care. It was the first time I've been in a WH since I was a child.

But on a very relevant note, I'm very selective of the restaurants that I will visit without my piece. That unfortunately includes my place of business.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    The Bank
    You can CCW in a bank in SC.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by akhimark View Post
    You can CCW in a bank in SC.
    Really?? I did not know that I don't mean to doubt you but could you show me where in the law it says I can cause I didn't know i could.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    Really?? I did not know that I don't mean to doubt you but could you show me where in the law it says I can cause I didn't know i could.
    By definition, if something is not illegal, one is allowed to do it. Handgunlaw.us does not list banks or financial institutions as a no-go.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links