Ohio laws

This is a discussion on Ohio laws within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a PA resident heading to OH for a couple of days. Any laws regarding OC spray, or even knives I should be aware of. ...

Thread: Ohio laws

Ohio laws

I'm a PA resident heading to OH for a couple of days. Any laws regarding OC spray, or even knives I should be aware of. Nice to have reciprocity with, say, Alaska, but Ohio would certainly be more convenient.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bigbren View Post
    I'm a PA resident heading to OH for a couple of days. Any laws regarding OC spray, or even knives I should be aware of. Nice to have reciprocity with, say, Alaska, but Ohio would certainly be more convenient.
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to your specific question. But for future reference, you can get a FL or UT non-res permit that is recognized by Ohio.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

I don't think you need a permit to carry in Alaska,but if you do travel to other states that do not recognize your permit but will recognize a non resident florida or utah then you might consider that option,my Texas license covers most states I will ever travel to,and hopefully in the future will get more.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

In Ohio you can open carry a firearm without a license (you can NOT do this in a car without a license).

There are no state restrictions on OC. Automatic knives are a big no-no. Assisted openers, regular folders, no issues at all.

You can't conceal carry a knife, it's viewed as intent to use as a weapon. However, a knife that can be seen is legal, as it's viewed with the intent to use as a tool.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Administrator
    You can open carry, but I don't recommend it. It will cost you a lot more than you bargained for.

Knives are a weird topic, you can carry a typical folder in your pocket and be fine, you also can carry your Rambo survival on your belt and be fine with it. Hide the Rambo, and you are in violation.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sixto, do assisted-open knives count as a 'typical folder' that can be in a pocket?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ellerblr View Post
    Sixto, do assisted-open knives count as a 'typical folder' that can be in a pocket?
    Assisted yes, auto no.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links