Was reading Mas' blog and found a great link

This is a discussion on Was reading Mas' blog and found a great link within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Network members don't face the legal system alone! Just thought it was interesting. Please drive through. :)...

Thread: Was reading Mas' blog and found a great link

Network members don't face the legal system alone!

Just thought it was interesting.

Please drive through. :)

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I'd like to know if they have any lawyers in my area before I spend $85 to join.

Unfortunately, you can't find that out from the web site unless you join first. Kind of a catch 22.

I don't need to know who the lawyers are. I can understand them wanting to make you pay for that information. I just want to know if there are indeed lawyers within a reasonable distance of me that could actually handle a case if needed. I'm not going to spend $85 to join only to find the nearest lawyer on their list is 200 miles away!

I don’t feel the need for more information for me personally. I think I’m well educated and aware of my personal role in the aftermath of a deadly force situation of which I’m a participant. I need the names of a few lawyers that are within a reasonable distance that can be counted on to represent me effectively and efficiently.

Unfortunately, one doesn’t find out if a lawyer is truly good at his/her profession until they actually start working for you. My experience has been that it’s not until much time and money has been spent that one finds out that the lawyer you chose is an inefficient and ineffective hack.

I have dealt with many lawyers, and just as in every profession the vast majority in the profession are so-so, most of the rest are truly dangerous, and very few are really good. Finding the good ones is the hard part.

As I said, most of the lawyers I have had dealings with were either so-so or hacks; only one was really good. He took care of a very difficult legal situation in less than ten minutes with one phone call and did it for free, right in front of me! That was long ago and far away. I still think of him and thank him to this day! He was truly a professional at his job!

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

HA! Didn't see the register to join bit. So much for having my coffee drunk before posting.

Never mind, lock it down if need be. :)

Mas's Blog

Not directly reated to the original post, but can someone point me to Mas's blog? That ought to be a good read.

Thanks in advance.
    Rob - The Erstwhile Vermont Fat Ba*d

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Massad Ayoob's blog on Backwoods Home.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Many thanks for that info.
    Rob - The Erstwhile Vermont Fat Ba*d

Sponsored Links