The ''space'' factor

This is a discussion on The ''space'' factor within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TwoRavens S'Narc recomended that the third statment contain some profanity e.g. "FU*%ING STOP, RIGHT THERE". In his experiance, using the F word ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The ''space'' factor

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRavens
    S'Narc recomended that the third statment contain some profanity e.g. "FU*%ING STOP, RIGHT THERE". In his experiance, using the F word with 'criminal' types would often produce a quicker responce. For instance, when he was on no-knock warrants and going thru a crack house yelling at people to "GET DOWN" would produce no results, but told to "GET THE F%#K DOWN" would produce compliance. Probably something to do with the cadence of the language and the subconscious
    I thought I said this earlier, too. Works withy my students, too. Except I'm not supposed to do it, might hurt their feelings, you know. You wouldn't believe the number of felons I teach.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    Chris, if you could only be on two boards, TPI should be one. Maybe the first one. Good crew over there......a hard crew....
    Definately. Those guys are a wealth of knowledge and actual experience.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruit
    That annoys me also. And being new to CCW I have to also keep my awareness up to make sure the person standing behind me didn't figure out I was carrying (Usually a Strong-Side IWB under my coat) and trying to make a grab for it.
    Over time you will develop many different "natural feeling" techniques to protect your gun when carrying and it will become second nature to use them depending on circumstances.

One thing I do, especially when standing in a line with people behind me:
    I mostly carry a .45 OWB 15 degree forward cant strong side close to 15 minute position. It is very natural to stand with my right arm bent and fairly tight against my body (and holster) so that the butt of my .45 is nestled close to the inside of my arm at the elbow joint, with maybe the thumb hooked in the front pocket. It looks very natural and besides helping to shield the print from view, it will make it very difficult for anyone to make a grab for the gun from behind. I use a similar technique when making my way through any crowded area where incidental contact is difficult to avoid. All anyone will bump into is my arm and never feel a gun.

Everyone I know who when new to CCW, felt like they were hiding a cannon under their shirt and that it must be totally obvious to everyone around you. But the reality is as most of you who have carried for any length of time know....the majority of people are so caught up in their own lives they don't really pay much attention to you or their surroundings in general.

Kimber Ultra CDP Elite STS II

A gun is a tool...the real weapon is between your ears!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links