Nevada rules on "revolvers"--

This is a discussion on Nevada rules on "revolvers"-- within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; --been out of touch for a while due to work . As of last spring, it appeared that no longer was individual qualification with a"revolver" ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevada rules on "revolvers"--

Nevada rules on "revolvers"--

--been out of touch for a while due to work . As of last spring, it appeared that no longer was individual qualification with a"revolver" necessary on the concealed carry permit, IOW, one was allowed to carry any "revolver" after an initial qualification.

At the time I was unable to get any official confirmation on this--anybody out there got any detail or a reference?

2. Remove Ads

Yes, in Nevada a revolver is a revolver. Having on on your card allows you to carry any revolver. Sorry I don't have a more concrete source for you, but I'm 100% certain about this (unless it changed while I was typing the message, pesky politicians.)

See the bottom of Uber Arms Concealed Weapon Permit Training & Certification for "confirmation"

Your permit has to say "Revolvers Authorized". See NV SB237.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Wait so Nevadians have to have each gun authorized to carry and to qualify with that particular gun?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    One revolver qualifys you for all revolvers, but must qualify with each semi auto? That sucks big time. VA you are allowed to carry whatever kind of handgun you want. Nothing listed on your permit. Even Oklahoma was better when I got my permit therem, if you qualified with a semi you could carry semi or revolver, qual with revolver and you could carry a revolver.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Each semi auto with different make, model, caliber.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

VIP Member
    My permit reads "REV YES". That covers any revolver. The original bill was to also cover semi-autos but B. Anderson killed that portion.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    My permit reads "REV YES". That covers any revolver. The original bill was to also cover semi-autos but B. Anderson killed that portion.
    My last NV renewal while I was still a NV resident was issued in April 2004 and lists my revolver as Make, Model and Serial number...so unfortunately my info is outdated. :(
    Condition 1
    "My weapon has never hurt anyone. It never will. If someone dies by my hand, it is my fault. The weapon is blameless." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

VIP Member
    So can you only have one listed? You only have a choice of semi auto OR a revolver? Both can't be put on the permit?
    What about out of state permits? Can they carry anything they want?
    Last edited by kentuckycarry; August 19th, 2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: new thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    ---thanks to you and all---I'll check with sheriff's dep't when I get back as to what I have to do , if anything--

We are allowed to carry any handgun we want. Revolver or Semi-auto. No restrictions on our license. We can also carry more than one gun.

Our mandatory CCW class includes range time where you must shoot with both revolver and semi-auto pistols to obtain your permit.

Some ccw classes provide guns for the students, others don't.

The one my wife and I took, guns were provided by the instructor. I asked about why he provided the weapons and his answer was that he knew the guns were in proper working order and safe condition and hoped that would reduce liability somewhat.

Revolvers were Taurus Mod. 85 (.38 spl.) snubs and the Semi's were Sig P232's (.380 acp.)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Restrictions on Reciprocity?

In Michigan we did not have to qualify with a specific type of pistol. How does this Nevada revolver / semiauto qualification issue affect our carrying in Nevada?

--previously, each weapon you qualified with had to be listed on the permit--now each semi-auto is listed as to make and model (no serial #) but as noted above "revolvers" only in general---

Exclamation It's a real bad idea to let the police make law!!

That is what happens when you let a bunch of Police Chiefs decide how law is to be interpreted!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

In Texas if you qualify with a revolver you can only carry a revolver but if you qualify with a semi you can carry either revolvers or semi's
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links