Got made tonight!

This is a discussion on Got made tonight! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I find most people are pretty oblivious to what is going on around them. Next time you're at the grocery store just look around at ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got made tonight!

I find most people are pretty oblivious to what is going on around them.

Next time you're at the grocery store just look around at the people and see who are themselves looking around and those who are focused on shopping.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by IfIhaveto View Post
    Screams Tourist and/or Gun
    +1. If you aren't at Disney, you've got a gun.........or at least the assumption is that you have one.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rellimpank View Post
    --use both a long vest or a Tommy's Gun Pack ,(or both)usually with a t-shirt.

Used to occasionally eat lunch same place as a group of Clark County cops and detectives--I'd stroll by with an NRA t-shirt so dressed and never get so much as a sidewqys glance---
    Thats because they all know whats in there, and its an everyday partof their own lives so it no big deal. In addition, you are eating lunch with them... so you must be a friendly sort.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Due to Florida tropical heat I use all kinds of holsters, including a camera (says Nikon on it) fanny pack, that holds a small point and shoot Nikon camera and my G26, and a belt clip bag made by DeSaints that holds my P3AT 380.

Sure it screams tourist, but for the most part, no one has ever asked me if I had a gun in there.

I did try to stop an purse thief armed with a knife once, and when I was giving my statement to the local PD, the officer presumed my belt clip bag was a gun, and asked why I did not use it.

So I guess the belt clip bag is a given gun.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    The only time I use a fanny pack is to carry my 1911 while riding a bike. I was given a camera vest by an actual photographer and it still hangs in the closet. I guess I could wear it and carry my Canon digital............
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

The only time I use a fanny pack is when hiking, biking, or exercise walking. No one on the trails I use has ever seemed to notice although the thing screams gun. I'd expect to be "made" in public places if I were to use the fanny pack in that way.

Anytime, anyone sees a grown man with a fanny pack, they know they are packing. Might as well OC when using a fanny pack!
    I carry a gun because cops are too heavy!
    Take my advice, Don't take my advice!

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    That is too funny! Pretty nervy of the young lady to ask IMO. I would have acted like what are you talking about?

Yea, you might have asked her what type of gun she was referring to and that you didn't appreciate her taking that much interest in your privates.

Of course depending on her age, that might have gotten you into a bit of trouble and possibly on the watch list for sexual crimes.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

We ended up talking a little a bit. She asked if I had other holsters and if so how many. I told her I have about six and that what I use depends on what I am carrying and how I am dressed. The way the conversation was going I think she might be getting her dad a holster for his birthday.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    We ended up talking a little a bit. She asked if I had other holsters and if so how many. I told her I have about six and that what I use depends on what I am carrying and how I am dressed. The way the conversation was going I think she might be getting her dad a holster for his birthday.
    Seems harmless enough but I personally wouldn't answer questions from strangers regarding whether I carry or not or concealed carry in general.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Well sort of......
    After carrying daily for the last eighteen months or so I kind of sort of got made. I was at the concession stand at a movie theater and the girl getting my popcorn points at my fanny pack and asks " Do you ever carry a gun in that?" For a second I thought my zipper was open. I told her " Sometimes, but I carry a lot of stuff in it." She said the reason she asked is that her dad has one that looks just like it and that is how he carries his gun!
    That's what will happen with fanny packs sometimes.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

jfl
    Living in South Florida, I sometimes use a fanny pack, and I am too old to worry about what people think.

I know some people here will say that makes me a target; I don't really believe it, have never seen it documented ... and I'll steal a quote from another member sig: "Criminals look for victims, not opponents".
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Fanny pack equeals weapon. Kids know it, adults know it and crooks know it. I wrote at length about that a few months back. ONLY time I use a fanny pack is when I'm carrying all my gear to the gym on the way to work, and even then its rare.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Then Woodstock, NY is an island... I haven't seen fanny packs in 10-15 years. I may be missing something, but I'm fairly well traveled (at least here in the states), and I never see them anymore.

:
    Jon speaks the truth. Here in Orange County NY, alot of fanny packs....some even have, dare I say it...guns inside. Also, keep in mind...most people are clueless.....WE are more alert....we wonder if someone s carrying because we know what to look for. Most people are just lost in their thoughts of $6 lattes and worrying if people like them ( as people, not lattes).....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links