Got made tonight!

This is a discussion on Got made tonight! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rellimpank use both a Tommy's Gun Pack (usually under long t-shirt or long vest and sometimes both)--never get a second glance either ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Got made tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by rellimpank View Post
    use both a Tommy's Gun Pack (usually under long t-shirt or long vest and sometimes both)--never get a second glance either in Nevada or South Dakota--used to sometimes eat lunch near a group of Clark Co cops, detectives and private security guards. I'd be wearing the TGP under an NRA t-shirt and never got so much as a sideways glance---
    In Vegas, no ones going to notice you with a fannypack on. If you really want to blend in a look like just another tourist, try plastering your self with those "What happens in Vegas" shirts, visors, pants, underwear . . .
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    All kidding aside, I just can't think they are that comfortable. It is not like a SamrtCarry that is kind of held tight against you by your clothing, but it would have too much room to move around.
    Actually it depends on the style you get. In addition to its belt mine has a velcro belt loop on back of the pack. Use of this is optional, but using it makes the fanny pack about as stable as a traditional belt holster, allows you to transfer the weight to your real belt and makes the whole rig fairly snatch resistant.

I don't use mine all of the time, maybe 50% of the time. It is probably the most convenient carry method I have.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

To the OP, at least that someone who "outed" you is familiar with CCW through someone in her family.

I got outed last week at my son's karate school. The place was packed because it was test day, and my 3 yr old daughter sits on my lap, puts her arms back and hits the butt of my Kimber. Then during a rare lull in noise from the floor, she says in her piercing but cute girlie voice "Daddy is that your gun??" I shushed her as quick as I could, and tried to look normal. I'm not sure if anyone actually paid attention or not, but no one mentioned anything, but a discussion on not to talk about Daddy's gun ensued after we got home.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy_26 View Post
    To the OP, at least that someone who "outed" you is familiar with CCW through someone in her family.

I got outed last week at my son's karate school. The place was packed because it was test day, and my 3 yr old daughter sits on my lap, puts her arms back and hits the butt of my Kimber. Then during a rare lull in noise from the floor, she says in her piercing but cute girlie voice "Daddy is that your gun??" I shushed her as quick as I could, and tried to look normal. I'm not sure if anyone actually paid attention or not, but no one mentioned anything, but a discussion on not to talk about Daddy's gun ensued after we got home.
    I'm just waiting for that day. Funny how it can be deafening in the room until they want to blurt that out.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    For all of ya'al that still think you can throw a fanny pack (why in the heck to we call it a fanny pack as it never goes on the fanny) with your roscoe inside of it and not be made, ya just aint listening. Gang and prison intel has constantly made one thing clear, the bad guys who live in states with concealed carry DO look for folks carrying fanny packs as a potential source of a weapon. Be smart, but dont be delusional. It is not a great method of hiding a weapon from the wolves. You might get by the sheep, but you will not avoid being targeted by the true hard core wolves. Is it really worth the loss of your life? That of a family member who happens to be with you for the convience of throwing it around your waist because your to lazy to use a proper concealment system?

If your in bicycle shorts and on a 15 speed bike, then ya it might work. If your running around in running shorts and a t-shirt with sweat dripping off your face, ya it might work. Other than that, you might as well wear a t-shirt that says "Concealed Weapon Here".

Come on if it was hard to hide a pistol, than I'd accept it, but its not. I've done it for 22 years with everything from snubbies to MP5 machine guns and it can be done.

Ok back to my cage.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fed_wif_a_sig View Post
    (why in the heck to we call it a fanny pack as it never goes on the fanny)
    I remember when they first became popular (late 80s/early 90s?) they were frequently worn with the pouch in back. Either that, or the name comes from the UK, where fanny is slang for a particular part of the female anatomy. (Where's P95Carry to confirm???)
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    I don't know why fanny pack carry is still an option... I mean, it's as bad as the photography vest... NO ONE wears them anymore except people concealing a weapon.
    One of my co-workers wears a fanny pack here at work, only when he comes in and is leaving. Our company has a rule about possessing any firearms on company property. I was thinking, he might be carrying a gun. I mentioned it to another co-worker who has a CCW permit. We don't know if he is or is not carrying.
    I guess the "don't ask, don't tell " rule applies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    You don't stand out as much if you are wearing the rest of the uniform.

1. Loud Hawaiian shirt
    2. Pressed cargo pants
    3. Sandals with black socks
    4. Metal detector
    LOL.
    Hey! I represent that!!!

There was a "FED" carrying in a fanny pack went to get his oil changed,I believe he was in the dallas Tx. area,anyhow he gets out with his fanny pack and the oil guy asks him what kinda gun he's carrying.It seems the establishment hires People on parole from prison and while inside they learn how to spot people who might be carrying a concealed handgun,and a fanny pack on a guy or a photog vest usually means gun.Even criminals go to school,so if they think your packing they will either pick another victim or get the jump on you and disarm you before you can react,that's why SA is important
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I saw a lady at a Walmart up north from me with a fanny pack on. She was dressed casual, but I could see from her demeanor that she had pretty good SA. When I walked up in line next to her, she took a step away and eyeballed me. I didn't say anything, but she looked at my cart... can of break free and box of Winchester 9mm for my friend at his range. She smiled and relaxed. As we exited, I broke the ice with, "know any good ranges around here?" She said she built one for her and her family behind their house. Ends up we were parked right next to each other, so we spent a few minutes talking. She had a Kimber Ultra II, and asked what I carry. "What makes you think I carry?" She said... "Oh, you don't?" I replied with..."Thats what everyone else is supposed to think...Glock 23"
    She laughed, we said our goodbyes and as she rolled off, she had a "Keep honking, I'm reloading sticker on her bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by rmarkob View Post
    Either that, or the name comes from the UK, where fanny is slang for a particular part of the female anatomy. (Where's P95Carry to confirm???)
    Correct. In the UK they used to be called "bum bags". Of course, "bum" is ambiguous too, so maybe "ass bag" is better. Hmm - "ass" in the UK is a horse-like animal, so that's no use. It would have to be "arse bag". Ah but then by that stage everyone thinks of a colostomy device. Makes me wonder if we actually speak the same language

And of course, "fanny pack" just won't cut it in the UK at all. "Fanny" is slang for that part of the female anatomy named after a cuddly feline...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    ... One of the "beefs" I have with CC, is that it hides our guns like they're something to be ashamed of (I know that's not the real reason,...
    What *is* the real reason (compared with OC)?

Are there any Virginians reading this who use a fannypack? What do you do when entering a restaurant that serves alcohol, where concealed carry is illegal? Can you switch to open carry with a fannypack by unzipping it and leaving it flopped open?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links