Got made tonight!

Got made tonight!

This is a discussion on Got made tonight! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well sort of...... After carrying daily for the last eighteen months or so I kind of sort of got made. I was at the concession ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Got made tonight!

Well sort of......
    After carrying daily for the last eighteen months or so I kind of sort of got made. I was at the concession stand at a movie theater and the girl getting my popcorn points at my fanny pack and asks " Do you ever carry a gun in that?" For a second I thought my zipper was open. I told her " Sometimes, but I carry a lot of stuff in it." She said the reason she asked is that her dad has one that looks just like it and that is how he carries his gun!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Kids these days huh! I wouldn't actually call it getting made, but you might consider more options now that you've been stereotyped. I still have my fanny pack, it used to carry lots of small items along with my G27 on my hiking trips. It's been in the closet for about a year and a half now. Hiking is still good, but I'd rather go to the range.

What do you expect wearing a fanny pack anywhere but in Florida, lol!!! I too wouldn't say you were made, just a nosey kid. Try a real holster and this won't happen. J kding.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

the other night at dinner w/ wife ,daughter and a few of her friends,one of her friends said how she wants her pistol permit.She then said that she knows you can't carry one in NY though....in unison me,my ,wife and my daughter all said"yeah you can...."then we all kind of looked at eachother.....her friend then said,"do you carry a gun?"..I said"well,let's just say,I hope you don't have to find out."concealed is concealed,but sometimes we out oursleves.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    I don't know why fanny pack carry is still an option... I mean, it's as bad as the photography vest... NO ONE wears them anymore except people concealing a weapon (at least here in Dallas and Chicago and St. Louis and Kansas City... or any of the other places I've lived since they went out of style)... Just my .02, but a fanny pack screams weapon.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    the other night at dinner w/ wife ,daughter and a few of her friends,one of her friends said how she wants her pistol permit.She then said that she knows you can't carry one in NY though....in unison me,my ,wife and my daughter all said"yeah you can...."then we all kind of looked at eachother.....her friend then said,"do you carry a gun?"..I said"well,let's just say,I hope you don't have to find out."concealed is concealed,but sometimes we out oursleves.
    That's priceless.

Awesome !
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    I don't know why fanny pack carry is still an option... I mean, it's as bad as the photography vest... NO ONE wears them anymore except people concealing a weapon (at least here in Dallas and Chicago and St. Louis and Kansas City... or any of the other places I've lived since they went out of style)... Just my .02, but a fanny pack screams weapon.
    They could always go with a "man purse" instead . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I don't know why fanny pack carry is still an option... I mean, it's as bad as the photography vest... NO ONE wears them anymore except people concealing a weapon

I so disagree with that . Here near Woodstock, NY, almost everyone has one. I CCW with my fanny-pak, and no one ever even notices or says anything about it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Then Woodstock, NY is an island... I haven't seen fanny packs in 10-15 years. I may be missing something, but I'm fairly well traveled (at least here in the states), and I never see them anymore.

Man Purse? No, no... that's a mini briefcase...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Her in ohio I rarely see photographer vests...unless I am at my IDPA match then it looks like a "vest convention" and of course I too am wearing mine. I do occassionally wear it out but I mostly just wear an untucked cover shirt. I have lots of them. Consider going to the Goodwill (or other thrift store) and you can pick up 5 of them for about 10 bucks! I have a few from walmart but they are a minimum of 10 bucks each.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Then Woodstock, NY is an island... I haven't seen fanny packs in 10-15 years. I may be missing something, but I'm fairly well traveled (at least here in the states), and I never see them anymore.

Not an island, but just a hangout for all the leftover hippies/yuppies from the 60's, and all the transplanted folks from NY City. The sight of fanny paks is quite common here at the mall, Wally's etc.

Also, they are popular in CA (of course!).
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    She said the reason she asked is that her dad has one that looks just like it and that is how he carries his gun!
    Guilty by association...if it looks like a duck...

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY View Post
    ..I rarely see photographer vests...
    Maybe you can wear this vest while your out and about. I don't think it looks too obvious.

Attached Images
    -- Benjamin Franklin

use both a Tommy's Gun Pack (usually under long t-shirt or long vest and sometimes both)--never get a second glance either in Nevada or South Dakota--used to sometimes eat lunch near a group of Clark Co cops, detectives and private security guards. I'd be wearing the TGP under an NRA t-shirt and never got so much as a sideways glance---

Screams Tourist and/or Gun

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links