Swimming - Page 2

Swimming

This is a discussion on Swimming within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Don't some Glocks fire underwater?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swimming

Don't some Glocks fire underwater?
    Warning: Driver only carries $20 worth of ammunition.

How about a small ice chest? Keeps the gun cooler than a towel in the hot AZ sun, plus you can throw in a couple of bottles of something. And a sandwich, too. Doesn't look at all out of place near a backyard pool.

EDIT: and protects it from splashes.

We have a privacy fence and no external gate latches, so someone would have to scale the fence to get into our backyard. But it's more a privacy thing than it is a security thing. Hate those tan lines.

I will add this; I would not live in an area where I was worried about going for a swim without a gun.

How about a waterproof camera bag:

Trident Waterproof Camera Bag - Camera Accessories - Scuba diving equipment & gear

It's $19.95. Keep the gun in the pool with you! You can wear it around your neck too!
    Attached Images
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

+1 on the camera bag. Down here we're always trying to keep things dry, a lot of us live on boats and row to shore everyday. Boater's World or West Marine carry a lot of camera boxes, bags as well as waterproof holding boxes for personal effects that Float and are darn near indestructible.

There's some good ideas in here. I really like the filling a huge bag with air for the shotgun idea. ;)

I think I'll try the ice chest idea next time I'm out. I was worried about placing it under a towel or something because I don't want anyone to sit on it.

Also, I don't generally worry about anyone coming into my backyard *or house) uninvited. I live in a very quiet, generally crime free neighborhood. However, as we all know, always be prepared. Now, those damn bees are a different story.

You could do what we did. Fill in the pool and turn it back into a yard.

Of course we don't live in Arizona. We did that after the grandkids lost interest and it needed a new $ 5000 liner when the previous one was only 3 years old. AND I only live 4 blocks from my health club which has a huge pool, whirlpool and therapy pool.

I like the idea of the gun being a glock. If the gun were to get wet because you might be shooting from the pool you should be good to go as long as you don't get the primer to wet. When I am in the Bahamas and I go diving away from the main boat in our runabout I allways bring my G17 in a plastic bag. If for some reason we come back to the boat and theres someone on it I am armed. Also if I have to jump in the water for any reason and shoot I know my gun will go bang. sometimes its a little work to have your gun with you at all times but it may save you one day. I do like the water proof camera bag idea I might pick one up to see how it works.

me
    Rocky posted an option in a similar thread last year Click Here

This was a website also given as an option
    Waterproofcases.net
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

I take my Glock 29 and pocket it in the thigh pockets on my swimsuit. I don't care if it gets wet, I know it will fire and afterwards I always shoot the ammo out and replenish with fresh ammo. BTW: I have never had any wet ammo not fire, my confidence in thusly improved
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

Administrator
    Check These Out by Sealine.

You can take your firearm right in the pool with you.
    SealLine Protective Cases

If you want to keep the gun concealed and in a place no one will think to look, but also with you in the water, you can always try a floating chlorinator. Stick the gun in a ziplock, put it in the chlorinator, and it will float around in the pool - not out of place at all. Plus, how many people really think something besides harsh chlorine tablets will be hidden there? Just a thought - might be going overboard (no pun).
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ninpo28 View Post
    If you want to keep the gun concealed and in a place no one will think to look, but also with you in the water, you can always try a floating chlorinator. Stick the gun in a ziplock, put it in the chlorinator, and it will float around in the pool - not out of place at all. Plus, how many people really think something besides harsh chlorine tablets will be hidden there? Just a thought - might be going overboard (no pun).
    Actually, I really like that idea. Who would think a gun would be in there? I didn't even think of that! :)

The rubber duck is good for maybe up to an 8" wheelgun. This will accommodate an AR-15, which you might want to have handy to enforce pool rules in your rowdier party situations:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockk View Post
    Actually, I really like that idea. Who would think a gun would be in there? I didn't even think of that! :)
    LOL, I used to be a pool boy. There's not much brain power involved when skimming a pool, so the mind starts to hatch ideas! The life of a pool boy is much different than the adult film industry would suggest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links