Writing a letter about a concealed carry issue.

This is a discussion on Writing a letter about a concealed carry issue. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Tally XD Stay armed and stay silent. The sign probably carries no weight if it is a simple Xerox copy. +1. Don't ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Writing a letter about a concealed carry issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Stay armed and stay silent. The sign probably carries no weight if it is a simple Xerox copy.
    +1. Don't get made, don't start fights. I've never heard of someone who is involved in a justifiable shooting in a Gun Free Zone get prosecuted.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    In my state the sign carries no weight of law
    Quote Originally Posted by rdoggsilva View Post
    Sign, sign I don't see no sign. Same with Utah.
    Thankfully, in Utah, only the state can make gun laws. I can carry everywhere except church (which I never go) and Federal properties. I try to stay away from those too.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

1943 - 2009

So far, three posters, jmsstnr, optikal and Pitmaster, have addressed the OP's topic, which is a request for examples of protest letters that can be sent to businesses or corporations that prohibit concealed carry on their premises.

All the other replies have been off topic.

If you have written a letter to a business or a corporation protesting their anti-gun/CCW policies, please post it here.

This thread is not a discussion of the legality or illegality of signs.

Carry on.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

You could always work in the theory that every business owner should know..."If you loose one loyal customer, you will loose 50 more because that one customer will tell their family and friends, and those people will tell others... In short I may be the only one that took the time to inform you of your affront against my rights, but there are others who will not inform you, they will just tell their family and friends to not shop at your place of business because of this. Law abiding citizens will respect your choice, criminals who typically do not obey the wishes of others and the law will be more than grateful for you efforts to keep your business gun free so that their job of robbing and possibly killing witnesses to their activities will go so much smoother in such a relaxed atmosphere."
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I sent this via snail mail yesterday. Feel free to use any thing or all, just give it a few days so I get the credit of author.
    I sure would like to see a flood of these at AARP!

To any and all who will listen to logic within your organization!

You would like me and my spouse to be members in your group so we can enjoy your many discounts which would seem fine to some. But I recently found out that AARP donates to Handgun Control Incorporated. ( HCI ) This lobbyist group is for total disarming of the United States of America. Not only is this unconstitutional, it leaves the law abiding people nearly defenseless! Especially the elderly.

HCI tells its followers that every 60 minutes someone dies in America from gun violence!

What is not brought up is how many are police shootings or justified homicides. Other misleading statements are that you are more likely to be shot by someone you know then in defense of your life.

The truth of the matter is that every 48 seconds a violent crime is averted by the presence of a firearm. In many cases shots are never fired.

In my state, the use of stun guns are illegal by civilians, and if you don’t subdue the subject immediately like putting them in hand cuffs, it will only serve to enrage them further. Just watch a few episodes of COPS to see what happens. Mace is also illegal and has much the same affect.

As for police response at best it will take several minutes for them to respond by that time you and your family may be dead or severely injured!

I do not want to seem disrespectful to the police with the following comments, but it may seem so. Police shoot the wrong person 11 percent of the time. Citizens on the other hand? It’s only 2 percent of the time. Police are at a disadvantage when they show up at a scene. The officers must figure out who the bad guy is, not always an easy task. The citizen doesn’t need time or help to discern the situation. Also according to FBI statistics 1 out of 4 firings on scene, from police weapons are unintentional.

Currently there 40 states that allow law abiding citizens to carry guns for self defense to date.

Also the violent crime rates in most of those states are reduced; certainly it does not go up.

Every time a carry law has been passed, the opponents to it would say things like. “There will be blood in the streets! Every fender bender will result in a shooting! There will be shootings in the checkout lanes at the grocery store!!!”
    NONE OF THIS HAS HAPPENED!!!!

People carrying guns legally do not commit crimes with them.
    In closing anyone standing in the way of the populace arming themselves are responsible for the loss of life or limb, being that they were denied the simple tools of self defense!

Especially those of that are not able to fend off one or more attackers, whom could care less how easily we are injured, or how long it takes the aged to heal! Indeed if we recover at all.

Therefore I cannot in good conscience be a part of this organization. It may not seem
    like much but I intend to inform all I can to do the same, should AARP continue to fund this and others like it.

Your reply is welcome.

1943 - 2009

ntkb, that is excellent!

Thanks for posting.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Thanks for saying so captain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12