Considering a relocation to Forsyth County Georgia

This is a discussion on Considering a relocation to Forsyth County Georgia within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hate them (us) yankees do you FN1910? Indiana is a nice place. I don't get your issue? I guess you are showing your "Christian" love? ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering a relocation to Forsyth County Georgia

Hate them (us) yankees do you FN1910? Indiana is a nice place. I don't get your issue? I guess you are showing your "Christian" love?

For the OP - once in GA, just go to your local county probate judge - with approx $50 in cash & ID. Each county charges a little different. I think mine was around $35. You do your application, finger prints & sit back and wait for a few weeks. No training required. In GA, our pathetic looking GFL will save you $10 each time you purchase a gun - background check not required for GFL holders. My step dad in TN has a nice looking TN carry permit - but still has to pay/have the background check. Make your self aware of the "Public Gathering" law in GA. Some of it got over turned this year - maybe the rest will fall next year.

2. Remove Ads

Don't hate them at all. Just when you sit there for 45 minutes and listen to someone complain about how everything here is so terrible and how everything in Indiana was so great you wonder why someone left. She complained about how much worse the doctors were here, the traffic, the schools, the people, the jobs, the houses etc. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't great in Indiana and terrible in SC. I wasn't the people from Indiana at all as I have some neighbors that move here from Indiana and are fine. But to sit there and complain for 45 minutes about everything under the sun is different.

I don't hate Yankees at all just those that leave the North for a "better life" supposedly and the first thing they do when they get here is teel everyone how terrible it is in the South and how we need to copy how they were doing things back there. How would you feel if someone from Maryland moved into your neighborhood and immediately started a petition to ban handguns becasue that's how they did it in Maryland? I see this type of thing quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Don't hate them at all. Just when you sit there for 45 minutes and listen to someone complain about how everything here is so terrible and how everything in Indiana was so great you wonder why someone left. She complained about how much worse the doctors were here, the traffic, the schools, the people, the jobs, the houses etc. There wasn't a single thing that wasn't great in Indiana and terrible in SC. I wasn't the people from Indiana at all as I have some neighbors that move here from Indiana and are fine. But to sit there and complain for 45 minutes about everything under the sun is different.

I don't hate Yankees at all just those that leave the North for a "better life" supposedly and the first thing they do when they get here is teel everyone how terrible it is in the South and how we need to copy how they were doing things back there. How would you feel if someone from Maryland moved into your neighborhood and immediately started a petition to ban handguns becasue that's how they did it in Maryland? I see this type of thing quite often.
    There definitely are people like that and also the reverse. A "yankee" friend who moved to the south had an expensive house built and the local contractor did a crappy job. The Yankee got a housing inspector who testified to 32 severe violations including some that were very dangerous. The Yankee lost in court. A friend of his overheard the jury foreman say to someone, "That'll teach them dam Yankees to come down here an sue OUR boys.

There is bad and good and provincial everywhere.

[QUOTE=Puppy;825090]There definitely are people like that and also the reverse. A "yankee" friend who moved to the south had an expensive house built and the local contractor did a crappy job. The Yankee got a housing inspector who testified to 32 severe violations including some that were very dangerous. The Yankee lost in court. A friend of his overheard the jury foreman say to someone, "That'll teach them dam Yankees to come down here an sue OUR boys.

There is bad and good and provincial everywhere.[/QUOTE]

You better believe that. My neighborhood is mostly native Southerners with a few transplants from up North. When we were building out house there was one right beside ours that was for sale. and a couple from New Jerssy was looking at it. The realtor was asking me about the people in the neighborhood because I had already met about everyone and their children. She was asking about the ages and children ages etc. The she said that one thing the couple from New Jersey wanted to know was if there were any blacks in the neighborhood. I thought wow that the only people worried about that was someone from up North. I told here not right then but there would soon be one I thought. I hadn't met him yet but one of the Vice-Presidents of a major corporation was moving in and I had heard he was black but no one had given it any thought. I didn't think it would be a problem because one of the local middle school principals was my present next door neighbor and he was black but had never been a problem.

Lots of people move to a new place with preconceived notions of how the people are going to be from what they have seen on TV or in the media in general. Very seldom are those notions correct.

Siafu...Don't pay much attention to FN1910. He appears to 'have an attitude'. You will not see much of that in the area of Georgia you're moving to.

The worst part of living in Forsyth County is Georgia 400. If you plan to go to Atlanta any time other than Sunday morning, you better pack a lunch.

Welcome to Georgia! It's a great place to live, that's why I stayed here after the Air Force. Two good sites for info:

Georgia Carry : An information clearinghouse for Georgia Firearms License issues and news

Welcome to GeorgiaPacking.org
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links