Headed to to watch the Browns play.

This is a discussion on Headed to to watch the Browns play. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My buddy got family tickets to go watch the Cleveland Browns play the Lions. So I am headed to Detroit, Michigan. I would like to ...

Thread: Headed to to watch the Browns play.

Headed to to watch the Browns play.

My buddy got family tickets to go watch the Cleveland Browns play the Lions. So I am headed to Detroit, Michigan. I would like to carry on the ride there. I am pretty sure that I can not take it into the stadium but what are the rules in regards to driving? I will also be getting a bite to eat before heading home. Can you guys help me out and give me a website or some quick tips.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

jfl
    Did you check: Handgunlaw.us
    That would be my first step.
    Enjoy the game !!!
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

You are correct, you can not carry into the stadium. There are no restrictions to carrying in the car assuming that you have a CCW otherwise you would be in violation of the law. When you stop to eat make sure that it is in a place that does not derive 51% of their income from the sale of alcohol. Without having a CPA with you to audit the books I am not sure how someone is supposed to determine that one. You should be ok with most of the national restaurant chains.

I took my boys to a preseaon game last year and had heart attack when I to pay $50 to park. I pay the $20 which is now $25 to park at Tigers games but was highly upset to have to pay $50 to see a team that hasn't come close to a winning season since I have been on this earth. I think that the stadium parking deck was $40. If you have to park on the street down Gratiot you will probably wish that you could carry on the walk to the stadium. Pepper spray and a knife are options that you might consider.

Since you are a Browns fan I am sure that you will enjoy the game.

Handgunlaw's map says that MI honors OH's permits.

Carry into a stadium might be prohibited. Find out if there are metal detectors at the entrances. Parking lots are where you really need to carry (to and from the stadium).

Many years ago, my business travels often took me to Detroit. Inside the city limits was not a safe place. I can't imagine that it has gotten any better. I hope I'm wrong.

"If you're going to go someplace where you think you should carry, don't go." ...Anonymous
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Links