Jury Duty

This is a discussion on Jury Duty within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heading to downtown Atlanta for jury duty in a few weeks. Suggestions on what would be logical for self defense tools on public transportation commute, ...

Thread: Jury Duty

Jury Duty

Heading to downtown Atlanta for jury duty in a few weeks. Suggestions on what would be logical for self defense tools on public transportation commute, walking to and from in downtown ATL, given courthouse restrictions. Suggestions from others in person on this subject include a kubaton pen, keys on a paracord and a kerambit ( plastic impact type wrench not blade).

2. Remove Ads

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    You might call the courthouse building ahead of time. I have no idea about Georgia, but in Washington any state or lower government building that does not allow carry (jail, courthouse, etc) must have a lockbox or designated person to accept and store a carrier's weapon. Couldn't hurt to check.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

go down and buy yourself a good quality walking stick/cane. jwr

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    You might call the courthouse building ahead of time. I have no idea about Georgia, but in Washington any state or lower government building that does not allow carry (jail, courthouse, etc) must have a lockbox or designated person to accept and store a carrier's weapon. Couldn't hurt to check.
    Exactly, what I was gonna say. Barring that maybe consider a Benchmade 1100 series pen or a Mil-Tac Tactical Defense Pen 5.25 may want to look for a better price. I have seen both for less
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Call the court house and ask to speak to the folks in charge of their security. Alot of court houses have gun lockers available for you to secure your weapon in upon entering the secure area, but you need to make sure.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwr747 View Post
    go down and buy yourself a good quality walking stick/cane. jwr
    +1
    I have never been denied access to any building while carrying my cane. Of course I am the right age too. A heavy cane is a very good weapon.

Michael

if you have never read or heard of jury nullification you need to watch these videos before you go.

jurors have rights and choices to make, you judge guilt but you also judge the law

YouTube - 1/3 Ron Paul presents "Power to the Jury" At Issue (NEFL)
    YouTube - 2/3 Ron Paul presents "Power to the Jury" At Issue (NEFL)
    YouTube - 3/3 Ron Paul presents "Power to the Jury" At Issue (NEFL)
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Had Jury Duty a few years ago. While in selection the Judge asked us, "who here has handgun experience?" I stood along with about 4 others. They questioned each of us individually on our experience. I was first. Told them military and some hunting. They asked if I owned one, and I replied no.
    The next 3 people answered... same or similar experience, and 2 owned.

The last guy said "I carry all the time, been shooting since I was 6. Green Beret and a retired officer of the law." The judge asked how many he owned, figuring he had to... He said "My favorite is right down stairs locked up at security, and if you want we can go to the range after this guy gets handed the book."
    Well, after almost everyone laughing for a good 5 minutes, we took a recess, and when we came back in... He was let go because of the "book" comment, but the other 3, including me, got chosen for a murder case.

Back on topic.... the courthouse in Miami has a lockbox!

JRI
    Check with the court house to see if they have a provision to secure your weapon is the best thing to do. The problem with trying to substitute is that you may run into problems when going through security. Any type of weapon being brought in is frowned upon.

Just bring a cheap folding blade they held mine at security for pickup after words.

Links