mississippi & alabama
This is a discussion on mississippi & alabama within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Fl resident permit and am traveling to Mississippi and Alabama. Any info on carrying i these states would be appreciated. The more ...
August 23rd, 2008 08:48 PM
mississippi & alabama
I have a Fl resident permit and am traveling to Mississippi and Alabama. Any info on carrying i these states would be appreciated. The more I surf and read the more confused I get.
August 23rd, 2008 10:57 PM
Not required to notify LE.
Depending on who you talk to open carry is debateable, but I would highly recommend against it. The concealed carry law prohibits it.
Here's where you can't carry in Mississippi.
· Any police, sheriff or highway patrol station: any detention facility, prison or jail.
· Any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section shall preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his courtroom;
· Any polling place; any meeting place of the governing body of any governmental entity; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof.
· Any public park unless for the purpose of participating in any authorized firearmsrelated activity;
· Any school, college or professional athletic event not related to firearms;
· Any portion of an establishment, licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, that is primarily devoted to dispensing alcoholic beverages; any portion of an establishment in which beer or light wine is consumed on the premises, that is primarily devoted to such purpose;
· Any elementary or secondary school facility; any junior college, community college, college or university facility unless for the purpose of participating in any authorized firearms related activity;
· Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal if the firearm is encased for shipment ,for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft;
· Any church or other place of worship;
· Or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.
· In addition to the places enumerated in this subsection, the carrying of a concealed pistol or revolver may be disallowed in anyplace in the discretion of the person or entity exercising control over the physical location of such place by the placing of a written notice clearly readable at a distance of not less than ten (10)
feet that the "carrying of a pistol or revolver is prohibited."
· No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize the participants in a parade or demonstration for which a permit is required to carry a concealed pistol or revolver
August 24th, 2008 05:23 AM
By oldhippie in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
Last Post: January 28th, 2010, 05:07 PM
By optikal in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: May 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM
By deadeye72 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: April 9th, 2009, 08:17 AM
By major in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
Last Post: March 30th, 2009, 09:39 PM
By jonathancase in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
Last Post: August 29th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Search tags for this page
alabama mississippi concealed carry
alabama resident open carry mississippi
mississippi concealed carry forum
mississippi house bill 45.9.101
mississippi law 45.9.101
Click on a term to search for related topics.