Easy CCW to get

Easy CCW to get

This is a discussion on Easy CCW to get within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I have mentioned on here before I have recently moved states and although my permit is honored here I would like to have one ...

Thread: Easy CCW to get

me [OP]

Easy CCW to get

As I have mentioned on here before I have recently moved states and although my permit is honored here I would like to have one with my current address on it and my old SO will not change the address on mine.

I am trying to find an easy Non-Resident CCW permit (read as NO Course) to fill the void of having one with out the correct address until I can get the Texas Course (not easy to find in the College Station area when one works Sundays).

Any Ideas?

Any one know of an agency in WA that will do the permit by mail?
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

AFAIK, other states will use the address on the "home state" permit. What is the concern?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

me [OP]
    it is no longer the "home state"
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

FL is fairly simple to get...they only put your current address on it...valid in many states, but several states require you to be a resident of the state your permit is issued from...better check on this.

Stay armed...plan ahead...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    If you are living in WA, you must get your permit from the CLEO where you live. If you are a non-resident, you can apply anywhere. I don't know of any place where you can get it in the mail, though, since you need to be fingerprinted.

Maybe Matiki or LongRider know more.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Maine does not require fingerprinting and is a "shall issue" state.

Any Ideas?

CopperKnight asked me to chime in Hope some of this helps.
    The Attorney General's webpage on concealed weapons gives this as the contact number for any questions at the Department of Licensing, Firearms Section at (360) 664-6616.

Here is the RCW on Firearms and Dangerous Weapons index page maybe you can find something there

Here is the RCW 9.41.170 Alien's license to carry firearms Exception. There maybe something there that can help. It looks like foreign nationals can apply by mail can not see why out of state can not do the same
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

As I have mentioned on here before I have recently moved states and although my permit is honored here I would like to have one with my current address on it and my old SO will not change the address on mine.

I am trying to find an easy Non-Resident CCW permit (read as NO Course) to fill the void of having one with out the correct address until I can get the Texas Course (not easy to find in the College Station area when one works Sundays).

Any Ideas?

I'm assuming you have PA now and you've moved to Texas?
    NH doesn't require training(for out-of-state) and you only need a permit from another state. And, it's only $20 and if I recall, they have reciprocity with a lot of southern states. Handgunlaw.us has a list of non-resident permits with links.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Don't know if it meet your needs but Hew Hampshire just requires that you have a permit from another state. Thy them.

Texas will honor out of state non resident permits carried by tx residents,and as far as I know tx recognizes pretty much every other states licenses
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My best suggestion would be to find a way to either make time to take a TX class or find one on your schedule. You may even have to pay a little extra and get one-on-one training. While the NH license is easy and relatively quick, it would do you little good as it's not recognized by TX.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I am not sure I completely understand the OP but he said that he had a permit that TX would honor and just wanted one with his new address. The NH might possibly work for a new address but they probably will not issue it with a different address than the first one. NH simply requires a copy of your drivers license and present permit plus $20 to issue a NH permit so I wonder if they would issue one with a different address. Both of mine have the same address.

PA. doesn't require anything other than a clean record for residents. If a non resident, they require a copy of your home state license.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    CopperKnight asked me to chime in Hope some of this helps.
    The Attorney General's webpage on concealed weapons gives this as the contact number for any questions at the Department of Licensing, Firearms Section at (360) 664-6616.

Here is the RCW on Firearms and Dangerous Weapons index page maybe you can find something there

Here is the RCW 9.41.170 Alien's license to carry firearms Exception. There maybe something there that can help. It looks like foreign nationals can apply by mail can not see why out of state can not do the same
    They are not currently issuing alien firearms licenses, so non-citizens cannot posses in WA.

WA State Licensing: Alien Firearms License

We are unable to issue alien firearms licenses at this time.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has told law enforcement agencies it is against federal law to use federal databases for background checks if they share the results with a non-criminal justice agency such as the Department of Licensing. As a result:

* Law enforcement agencies cannot perform the background checks required by state law for issuing an alien firearms licenses.
    * We cannot complete the application process or issue alien firearms licenses.
    Besides... that is just to possess or bring one into the state as a non-citizen. Just posted here for clarification.

Handgunlaw.us has information on obtaining non-resident permits.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/N...entPermits.pdf

Note that Washington does not issue by mail. Sorry.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Note that Washington does not issue by mail. Sorry.
    You sure? Ya mean I posted for nadda? Dang, Might still want to call Department of Licensing, Firearms Section at (360) 664-6616 get the skinny form the horses mouth
    Decided to follow up on my own suggestion and called Washington Department of Licensing, Firearms Section. Matiki is 100% correct Washington State requires that out of state applications be done in person, they do not accept mail in applications. Thanks Matiki, learned something new today
    Last edited by LongRider; August 28th, 2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Edited to add follow up info
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links