Renewed in Colorado

Renewed in Colorado

This is a discussion on Renewed in Colorado within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my permit renewed. Since I didn't know how long it took I went in early to make sure I wouldn't expire. Seems that ...

Thread: Renewed in Colorado

Renewed in Colorado

Just got my permit renewed. Since I didn't know how long it took I went in early to make sure I wouldn't expire. Seems that when you renew it is for a 5 year period starting on the date you renew not the date you expire. The renewal process only took 2 weeks so since I renewed early in the 120 day time frame I lost 11 weeks. The whole process was very easy and pain free. Even though 11 weeks is not much expense, the next time I will wait until about 4 weeks before expiration before renewing. I just checked and found out they misspelled my name so make sure to check that before signing your permit.

Quote Originally Posted by showmebob View Post
    Just got my permit renewed. Since I didn't know how long it took I went in early to make sure I wouldn't expire. Seems that when you renew it is for a 5 year period starting on the date you renew not the date you expire. The renewal process only took 2 weeks so since I renewed early in the 120 day time frame I lost 11 weeks. The whole process was very easy and pain free. Even though 11 weeks is not much expense, the next time I will wait until about 4 weeks before expiration before renewing. I just checked and found out they misspelled my name so make sure to check that before signing your permit.
    Congrats.

I am still waiting for my permit from Arapahoe County. I applied on June 3, 2008, so it should be any day now that I get the call.
    Glock G19 - Generation 2 (our first)
    Glock G26 - Generation 3
    Glock G21 - Generation 3 (Bought 8/2010)
    Taurus PT709 Slim - mostly used as a bug (Sold 8/2010, did not like the quality after owning it for a few months)

VIP Member
    Live and learn, fees and taxes all needed

Shame we live in a nation that allows states to violate fundamental human rights
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

good job on renewing

Renew early every time, you know the one time you don't murphy's law will catch ya

I just applied for mine Tuesday. They were telling me that the wait time was pushing 90days to get it. They also suggested that when I renewed to do it as soon as you are notified. Also mentioned that they are understaffed and demand is up. How true that is, I don't know.

Oh yea now for the long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jefb View Post
    I just applied for mine Tuesday. They were telling me that the wait time was pushing 90days to get it. They also suggested that when I renewed to do it as soon as you are notified. Also mentioned that they are understaffed and demand is up. How true that is, I don't know.

Oh yea now for the long wait.
    I suppose it all depends on the county, the sheriff, and the time of year. Also, on how backed up the CBI is. I think I'll renew about a month early next time

when you renew do they take your old license away from you or are we still able to carry in the time frame they set for renewal.
    and if they take too long can our license expire????
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

The renewal for my Colorado permit took about four weeks....

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Quote Originally Posted by denverbear View Post
    when you renew do they take your old license away from you or are we still able to carry in the time frame they set for renewal.
    and if they take too long can our license expire????
    They didnt' ask for my old permit. So I still have my old one as well as my new one. While I really don't know, my guess is that if they don't get your permit renewed in time and your old one expires you are out of luck until you get your new permit

Quote Originally Posted by showmebob View Post
    They didnt' ask for my old permit. So I still have my old one as well as my new one. While I really don't know, my guess is that if they don't get your permit renewed in time and your old one expires you are out of luck until you get your new permit
    Most if not all sheriffs have the right to issue an "on the spot temporary" permit. If it looks like you will expire before the new one arrives, it would be worth a call to the sheriffs office and explain that you sent in your renewal, however due to backlog and under staffing, you may expire before the replacement arrives, and ask for a temp (90 day) until the 5 year gets in.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Thanks for the intel. It took 3 weeks for my initial permit in Douglas, County.

Sponsored Links