First time ccing and had to use gun

This is a discussion on First time ccing and had to use gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was thinking about all the conceal carry license posters who carry for the first time. I've never heard of someone having to use their ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time ccing and had to use gun

First time ccing and had to use gun

I was thinking about all the conceal carry license posters who carry for the first time. I've never heard of someone having to use their gun the first time they conceal carry.

I'm sure it's possible someone has had to, but I've just not heard of it.

2. Remove Ads

The fact that you don't hearing of someone using their gun is not necessarily a bad thing. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by XD9sc View Post
    I was thinking about all the conceal carry license posters who carry for the first time. I've never heard of someone having to use their gun the first time they conceal carry.

I'm sure it's possible someone has had to, but I've just not heard of it.
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

Administrator
    Most people will go all through life never needing a gun; I don't know why the stats or chances would change because you now have one.
    Your gun isn't going to seek a gun fight out.
    "Just blame Sixto"

It wouldn't surprise me if that was because the one time a person needed to use a gun in defense was the motivating factor in them taking a cc class in the first place.

If you have to use your weapon the very first time you legally carry it you are either the most unlucky person in the world or the luckiest person in the world, you pick which one.I for one actually have become much more aware of places that aren't safe areas and if i wouldn't go there unarmed I don't go there armed either unless I have no choice.I think most responsible CHL holders have similar mindsets,we don't go trolling thru bad neighborhoods looking for trouble.If you are ever in a shooting situation one question they will ask is why were you here.If your in your home, place of work,walmart parking lot,those are pretty much give me's,but if your in the ghetto and have basically no reason to be there,it's not on your way home from anywhere they will make it look like you are a vigilante looking for people to "make your day"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I believe those that pulled their weapon on the first day of CCW more than likely over reacted and a bit embarrassed to say so. Paranoria can be good and bad...

Rick

I distinctly remember some of the 'crime reports' of store owners getting a firearm (first one), and then defending themselves withinn a day or two of getting it...can't remember exact post or date...it has happened.

Maybe someone else has a better memory...

Stay armed...stay alert from day one...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Most people will go all through life never needing a gun; I don't know why the stats or chances would change because you now have one.
    I would think it to be quite the opposite. When we are schooled to carry, we are also taught to be more vigilant and aware of our surroundings. That should make the likelihood of needing to use our gun even more remote.
    ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. (Luke 22:36b NASB)
    FN Herstal FNP-9, FNP-357, Kahr TP45
    Ruger LCP, S&W 22a
    http://revderb.blogspot.com

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've even heard of LEO's who have never needing a gun.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RevDerb View Post
    That should make the likelihood of needing to use our gun even more remote.
    Thats exactly my point. and
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm sure there are people out there who have needed their gun almost immediately after getting ccw permit.

I would also think that people most likely for that to happen, are those who get their ccw as a direct result to being threatened. And of those, more than likely someone from some form of abusive relationship.

Still, it is probably an extremely rare occasion.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I've heard tales of a woman getting a gun and needing it right away to protect from an angry spouse. But not a CCW type thing.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    I'm sure it must have happened to someone but for the most part having the need to use deadly force is not yet a common occurrence.

Those CC'ers I know who are professional about carrying, seem to have an air of confidence and even authority about them that may very well serve to make them not look like an easy target.

I personally will be very happy if I never have to draw my weapon.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Most people that have used their gun, DO NOT go around boasting about it... in most cases they do not talk about it at all.

Shooting someone is not something to be proud of, and not something that you talk about over tea... it may be a nessessary act at some point due unfortunate circumstances or the need to protect a life, but definately not a bragging point... Just my opinion...
    If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

I know of a convenience store owner who used his gun the first night he owned it. He used to carry, but stopped after his wife asked him to. About 3 years went by and the neighborhood he was in went downhill. So he bought a .45 for under the counter. Took it out of the case for the first time and loaded it. Went to get some coffee and came back to the counter.
    Two guys came in, but not with each other... and he said one guy just looked off... so he was watching him mostly. The guy grabbed a 40 oz and paid... and the "honest" looking guy made a comment about it, and then pulled a .22 on him. He told the guy that the register had to be released from underneath, lifted the register, pulled the .45 and hit the guy in the neck. BG ran, 911 was called, and his wife said she would never ask him not to carry again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links